Author Topic: Eleison Comments by Mgr. Williamson 13 July 2013  (Read 1423 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kelley

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 196
  • Reputation: +646/-0
  • Gender: Male
Eleison Comments by Mgr. Williamson 13 July 2013
« on: July 12, 2013, 07:31:47 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0

  • Number CCCXIII (313)   13 July 2013

    RESISTANCE ADVANCES

    The Silver Jubilee celebration in the USA of the 1988 episcopal consecrations was a great success. A dozen priests with one bishop celebrated two pontifical Masses on June 29 and 30 in the rectory garden of Father Ronald Ringrose in Vienna, Virginia, with some 250 to 300 faithful attending each Mass. Liturgically the ceremonies may have left somewhat to be desired, because no parish has the resources of a fully operational seminary. However, much more important, the mood of the people was tranquil, with no bitterness or anger in sight, only a clear understanding that something has gone seriously wrong with the Society of St Pius X, and that to keep the Faith they must do something about it. Many had come long distances to attend, even from abroad.

    On the day before, Father Ringrose hosted a day-long meeting inside his rectory for the dozen priests coming from Brazil, Canada, Colombia, England, France, Mexico and the United States. No extra organization was formed, nor was any further administrative mechanism put in place, but another Declaration was arrived at, concluding with a long quotation from Archbishop Lefebvre about the rebuilding of Christendom from ground level upwards. The mood of the priests was like that of the people, tranquil and resolute, with a unity of purpose in the simple determination to rescue what they can of what the Society leadership is now betraying.

    Betraying? But did not on June 27 the three other SSPX bishops, Tissier, Fellay and de Galarreta, also issue a Declaration which seemed in large part to revert to what the SSPX has always stood for ? Be careful. As the Latins said, “the poison is in the tail.” The 11th of the 12 paragraphs states that the three bishops mean to follow Providence “either when Rome returns to Tradition...or when she explicitly acknowledges our right to profess integrally the faith and to reject the errors which oppose it.”

    Now Father Ringrose has been for the SSPX in the USA a comrade in arms for some 30 years, but he is no longer keeping it company on its new and suicidal path. Here is what he wrote in his parish bulletin about the frame of mind expressed in this 11th paragraph:

    “So even if Rome remains modernist, take us in anyway. We will be satisfied to be just another of the Conciliar pantheon, along with the heretics, ecumaniacs, pantheists, or whatever else is there. The Declaration sounds as if there has been a shift back to what the SSPX always stood for, but the door to a deal (between the SSPX and Rome) remains open. Nothing has really changed. It just sounds different. The contents of the can remain the same. The label on the outside just looks a little more like Archbishop Lefebvre.”

    And the people seem to be voting with their feet. Reportedly there were only 200 to 300 people attending the Society’s own small-scale Silver Jubilee celebration in Ecône, and reportedly nigh on half the chairs were empty at Ecône’s annual priestly ordinations. It certainly seems as though the betrayal is making the Society steadily weaker while, as priests and faithful wake up to what is going on, the Resistance is going to grow stronger and stronger.


    Kyrie Eleison.

    Offline Kelley

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 196
    • Reputation: +646/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Eleison Comments by Mgr. Williamson 13 July 2013
    « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Please continue to support His Excellency, Bsp Williamson.
    Make your donation here.


    Offline Neil Obstat

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 16530
    • Reputation: +7912/-562
    • Gender: Male
    Eleison Comments by Mgr. Williamson 13 July 2013
    « Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 09:35:29 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Kelley

    ...
    Number CCCXIII (313)  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13 July 2013


    RESISTANCE ADVANCES




                The Silver Jubilee celebration in the USA of the 1988 episcopal consecrations was a great success. A dozen priests with one bishop celebrated two pontifical Masses on June 29 and 30 in the rectory garden of Father Ronald Ringrose in Vienna, Virginia, with some 250 to 300 faithful attending each Mass. Liturgically the ceremonies may have left somewhat to be desired, because no parish has the resources of a fully operational seminary. However, much more important, the mood of the people was tranquil, with no bitterness or anger in sight, only a clear understanding that something has gone seriously wrong with the Society of St Pius X, and that to keep the Faith they must do something about it. Many had come long distances to attend, even from abroad.

                On the day before, Father Ringrose hosted a day-long meeting inside his rectory for the dozen priests coming from Brazil, Canada, Colombia, England, France, Mexico and the United States. No extra organization was formed, nor was any further administrative mechanism put in place, but another Declaration was arrived at, concluding with a long quotation from Archbishop Lefebvre about the rebuilding of Christendom from ground level upwards. The mood of the priests was like that of the people, tranquil and resolute, with a unity of purpose in the simple determination to rescue what they can of what the Society leadership is now betraying.

                Betraying? But did not on June 27 the three other SSPX bishops, Tissier, Fellay and de Galarreta, also issue a Declaration which seemed in large part to revert to what the SSPX has always stood for ? Be careful. As the Latins said, “the poison is in the tail.” The 11th of the 12 paragraphs states that the three bishops mean to follow Providence “either when Rome returns to Tradition...or when she explicitly acknowledges our right to profess integrally the faith and to reject the errors which oppose it.”

                Now Father Ringrose has been for the SSPX in the USA a comrade in arms for some 30 years, but he is no longer keeping it company on its new and suicidal path. Here is what he wrote in his parish bulletin about the frame of mind expressed in this 11th paragraph:

                “So even if Rome remains modernist, take us in anyway. We will be satisfied to be just another of the Conciliar pantheon, along with the heretics, ecumaniacs, pantheists, or whatever else is there. The Declaration sounds as if there has been a shift back to what the SSPX always stood for, but the door to a deal (between the SSPX and Rome) remains open. Nothing has really changed. It just sounds different. The contents of the can remain the same. The label on the outside just looks a little more like Archbishop Lefebvre.”

                And the people seem to be voting with their feet. Reportedly there were only 200 to 300 people attending the Society’s own small-scale Silver Jubilee celebration in Ecône, and reportedly nigh on half the chairs were empty at Ecône’s annual priestly ordinations. It certainly seems as though the betrayal is making the Society steadily weaker while, as priests and faithful wake up to what is going on, the Resistance is going to grow stronger and stronger.


                Kyrie Eleison.




    Alleluia!  Alleluia!  Alleluia!  


    This is great news from the get-go.  300 attendees!  Deo Gracias!  


    Quote

                The Silver Jubilee celebration in the USA of the 1988 episcopal consecrations was a great success. A dozen priests with one bishop celebrated two pontifical Masses on June 29 and 30 in the rectory garden of Father Ronald Ringrose in Vienna, Virginia, with some 250 to 300 faithful attending each Mass. Liturgically the ceremonies may have left somewhat to be desired, because no parish has the resources of a fully operational seminary. However, much more important, the mood of the people was tranquil, with no bitterness or anger in sight, only a clear understanding that something has gone seriously wrong with the Society of St Pius X, and that to keep the Faith they must do something about it. Many had come long distances to attend, even from abroad.




    The practice improves with practice!  Bring on the rehearsals!  
    Bring on the Chant!

    What matters is the tranquility and understanding, and resolve
    to take action.  Overseas travels notwithstanding, the success
    bodes well for the future of the Faith, which for the moment,
    is the Resistance!  

    Quote

                On the day before, Father Ringrose hosted a day-long meeting inside his rectory for the dozen priests coming from Brazil, Canada, Colombia, England, France, Mexico and the United States. No extra organization was formed, nor was any further administrative mechanism put in place, but another Declaration was arrived at, concluding with a long quotation from Archbishop Lefebvre about the rebuilding of Christendom from ground level upwards. The mood of the priests was like that of the people, tranquil and resolute, with a unity of purpose in the simple determination to rescue what they can of what the Society leadership is now betraying.




    God bless Fr. Ringrose!  A day-long meeting in the manner of the
    Upper Room.  The Holy Ghost was there in person, you can be
    assured of it.  Brazil, Canada, Colombia, England, France, Mexico,
    and the United States itself.  This brings down a somewhat
    unprecedented blessing on the USA, by the way.  It is a signal grace
    that should not be overlooked by any of us Americans.  From the
    ground level upwards - no truer words would be spoken.  We are
    the survivors of yet another shipwreck, in progress.  We can see
    the passengers and crew remaining on deck as the waterline
    inexorably founders under the surface, as if no human act can stop
    its progress.  That's progress for you, like how termites think of
    what they're doing to your house.

    Quote

                Betraying? But did not on June 27 the three other SSPX bishops, Tissier, Fellay and de Galarreta, also issue a Declaration which seemed in large part to revert to what the SSPX has always stood for ? Be careful. As the Latins said, “the poison is in the tail.” The 11th of the 12 paragraphs states that the three bishops mean to follow Providence “either when Rome returns to Tradition...or when she explicitly acknowledges our right to profess integrally the faith and to reject the errors which oppose it.”




    Absolutely!  The Silver Anniversary Re-Declaration (SARD) was none
    other than the latest attempt at damage control.  As if the loudspeaker
    announces as the ship founders:  "Go back to your cabins. Everything
    is under control."  But if they were honest, they would say, "Go back
    to your cabins TO DIE!  Everything is under DAMAGE control!" Yes, the
    infamous SARD was "one step back" in the Revolution (cf. Rules for
    Radicals
    - Alinsky), and it only APPEARS at first glance to be as it
    were traditional (if not with a few raised eyebrows), but then remember:
    Appearances are all that matters (ibid.).  And the only reality to be
    considered is subjective reality (ibid.).  And whatever you
    do, don't forget Rule Number One:  Communism is what you make of it
    (ibid.).  Yes, the poison is in the tail, like a scorpion, and recall the story
    Fr. Damien Fox, the Frog and the Scorpion.

    Paragraph #11 should be a wake-up call.  How can you expect that
    the blind leading the blind will be "following Providence?!"  Unless, that is,
    they're going to all fall together into the Providential PIT.

    Quote

                Now Father Ringrose has been for the SSPX in the USA a comrade in arms for some 30 years, but he is no longer keeping it company on its new and suicidal path. Here is what he wrote in his parish bulletin about the frame of mind expressed in this 11th paragraph:

                “So even if Rome remains modernist, take us in anyway. We will be satisfied to be just another of the Conciliar pantheon, along with the heretics, ecumaniacs, pantheists, or whatever else is there. The Declaration sounds as if there has been a shift back to what the SSPX always stood for, but the door to a deal (between the SSPX and Rome) remains open. Nothing has really changed. It just sounds different. The contents of the can remain the same. The label on the outside just looks a little more like Archbishop Lefebvre.”




    Rather, what he wrote in his parish bulletin has circumnavigated the
    globe a thousand times already.  God bless Fr. Ringrose.  

    The Apocalypse is here.  

    Quote

                And the people seem to be voting with their feet. Reportedly there were only 200 to 300 people attending the Society’s own small-scale Silver Jubilee celebration in Ecône, and reportedly nigh on half the chairs were empty at Ecône’s annual priestly ordinations. It certainly seems as though the betrayal is making the Society steadily weaker while, as priests and faithful wake up to what is going on, the Resistance is going to grow stronger and stronger.



    The attendance at the respective Silver Anniversaries was split down
    the middle.  What would ABL have said if someone had told him, "Your
    Excellency, there will be two Silver Anniversaries for your 4 bishops, on
    opposite sides of the Atlantic Ocean and adhering to opposite sides of
    your founding principles" -Would he have laughed or would he have cried?

    Quote


                Kyrie Eleison.


    .--. .-.-.- ... .-.-.- ..-. --- .-. - .... . -.- .. -. --. -.. --- -- --..-- - .... . .--. --- .-- . .-. .- -. -.. -....- -....- .--- ..- ... - -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. --. .-.-.

    Offline Neil Obstat

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 16530
    • Reputation: +7912/-562
    • Gender: Male
    Eleison Comments by Mgr. Williamson 13 July 2013
    « Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 10:11:47 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • .

    [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/embed/eyxVvGCeCJc[/youtube]

    Kyrie eleison Missa Orbis Factor





    If anyone can find a better version, like one done by some monks
    or all men without organ, probably French - they're usually pretty
    good, post the link please.  This is the only one I found so far that
    actually gives 3 repetitions for each of the 3 parts.  The Newfangled
    way is to chop off the middle verse, like a midsection guillotine.


    .--. .-.-.- ... .-.-.- ..-. --- .-. - .... . -.- .. -. --. -.. --- -- --..-- - .... . .--. --- .-- . .-. .- -. -.. -....- -....- .--- ..- ... - -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. --. .-.-.

    Offline Neil Obstat

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 16530
    • Reputation: +7912/-562
    • Gender: Male
    Eleison Comments by Mgr. Williamson 13 July 2013
    « Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • .

    The previous issue of EC is much more popular!  

    Tells a lot about human nature - people are much more attentive
    to what others are doing or are expected to do instead of what
    the observers should be doing.

    EC CCCXII
    was titled "LIVELY DEBATE."



    .--. .-.-.- ... .-.-.- ..-. --- .-. - .... . -.- .. -. --. -.. --- -- --..-- - .... . .--. --- .-- . .-. .- -. -.. -....- -....- .--- ..- ... - -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. --. .-.-.


    Offline Neil Obstat

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 16530
    • Reputation: +7912/-562
    • Gender: Male
    Eleison Comments by Mgr. Williamson 13 July 2013
    « Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 10:51:58 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • .

    Well, I guess this EC goes down in history as the one that nobody
    wanted to discuss.  Pity.  


    .--. .-.-.- ... .-.-.- ..-. --- .-. - .... . -.- .. -. --. -.. --- -- --..-- - .... . .--. --- .-- . .-. .- -. -.. -....- -....- .--- ..- ... - -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. --. .-.-.

    Offline Elsa Zardini

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 317
    • Reputation: +0/-0
    Eleison Comments by Mgr. Williamson 13 July 2013
    « Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 12:01:10 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Actually I had a question: strange that same number of attendees at both celebrations? Being the "establishment", HEBF & co. could have done much better to improve attendance?  

    Offline John Grace

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 5486
    • Reputation: +118/-6
    • Gender: Male
    Eleison Comments by Mgr. Williamson 13 July 2013
    « Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 03:58:39 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Neil Obstat
    .

    Well, I guess this EC goes down in history as the one that nobody
    wanted to discuss.  Pity.  




    I thought it speaks for itself.


    Offline Neil Obstat

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 16530
    • Reputation: +7912/-562
    • Gender: Male
    Eleison Comments by Mgr. Williamson 13 July 2013
    « Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 05:27:38 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Elsa Zardini
    Actually I had a question: strange that same number of attendees at both celebrations? Being the "establishment", HEBF & co. could have done much better to improve attendance?  


    They came for the necessities:  the Mass, the confirmations,
    the ordinations;  but, when it came time for the bull (horn)
    session, they pretty much headed for the horizon, to avoid
    the embarrassment of sleeping-in-public....................

    As TheRecusant says, "At least one member of the audience attempted to ask him in person, orally, from the floor concerning the exact nature of his "withdrawal" of the Dictrinal Declaration [AFD]. Despite the large volume of words generated in response, the question went more or less unanswered and further attempts were met with disruption from at least one unfortunate layman keen to show off his "loyalty".  Rumour has it that a recording may be available at some point, but I myself would not recommend it, even if you suffer from insomnia.  There must surely be a hundred and one more profitable ways of spending one's time!" (Issue 8, bottom of page 5)


    That one had me rolling on the floor!    :roll-laugh1:


    Then, it was time for refreshments!   :cheers:



    .--. .-.-.- ... .-.-.- ..-. --- .-. - .... . -.- .. -. --. -.. --- -- --..-- - .... . .--. --- .-- . .-. .- -. -.. -....- -....- .--- ..- ... - -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. --. .-.-.

    Offline Neil Obstat

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 16530
    • Reputation: +7912/-562
    • Gender: Male
    Eleison Comments by Mgr. Williamson 13 July 2013
    « Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 05:39:14 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Neil Obstat
    .

    The previous issue of EC, CCCXII is much more popular!  

    Tells a lot about human nature - people are much more attentive
    to what others are doing or are expected to do instead of what
    the observers should be doing.

    EC CCCXII
    was titled "LIVELY DEBATE."


    Quote from: John Grace
    Quote from: Neil Obstat
    .

    Well, I guess this EC goes down in history as the one that nobody
    wanted to discuss.  Pity.  




    I thought it speaks for itself.



    EC 312 has had 3,261 views and 30 replies compared to this one's
    837 views and 8 replies.  

    I was saying that EC 312 is much more popular because it is, not
    because I want it to be, or that's the way it seems to me.  It just is.

    It got 4 times as many replies, a lot of discussion, and 4 times as
    many views.  I'm not making it up.  Look at the stats.  



    Oh, "stats" means statistics.



    .--. .-.-.- ... .-.-.- ..-. --- .-. - .... . -.- .. -. --. -.. --- -- --..-- - .... . .--. --- .-- . .-. .- -. -.. -....- -....- .--- ..- ... - -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. --. .-.-.

     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16