A SHORT WAY OF THE CROSS As used by The Franciscan Fathers on Missions
First Station Jesus Condemned to Death 0 Jesus! so meek and uncomplaining, teach me resignation in trials.
Second Station Jesus Carries His Cross My Jesus, this Cross should be mine, not Thine; my sins crucified Thee.
Third Station Our Lord Falls the First Time 0 Jesus! by this first fall, never let me fall into mortal sin.
Fourth Station Jesus Meets His Mother 0 Jesus! may no human tie, however dear, keep me from following the road of the Cross. 40
Fifth Station Simon the Cyrenean Helps Jesus Carry His Cross Simon unwillingly assisted Thee; may I with patience suffer all for Thee.
Sixth Station Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus 0 Jesus! Thou didst imprint Thy sacred features upon Veronica's veil; stamp them also indelibly upon my heart
Seventh Station The Second Fall of Jesus By Thy second fall, preserve me, dear Lord, from relapse into sin.
Eighth Station Jesus Consoles the Women of Jerusalem My greatest consolation would be to hear Thee say: "Many sins are forgiven thee, because thou hast loved much."
Ninth Station Third Fall of Jesus O Jesus! when weary upon life's long journey, be Thou my strength and my perseverance.
Tenth Station Jesus Stripped of His Garments My soul has been robbed of its robe of innocence; clothe me, dear Jesus, with the garb of penance and contrition. 41
Eleventh Station Jesus Nailed to the Cross Thou didst forgive Thy enemies; my God, teach me to forgive injuries and FORGET them.
Twelfth Station Jesus Dies on the Cross Thou art dying, my Jesus, but Thy Sacred Heart still throbs with love for Thy sinful children.
Thirteenth Station Jesus Taken Down from the Cross Receive me into thy arms, 0 Sorrowful Mother; and obtain for me perfect contrition for my sins.
Fourteenth Station Jesus Laid in the Sepclure When I receive Thee into my heart in Holy Communion, 0 Jesus, make It a fit abiding place for Thy adorable Body. Amen.
"Jesus, Mary, / love You, Save Souls" The 4 keys to heaven MASS ROSARY SCAPULAR WAY OF THE CROSS "Jesus, Mary, I love You, Save Souls" 42 BROTHER ESTANISLAO (1903 - 1927)
At the age of 18, a young Spaniard entered the Novitiate of The Brothers of the Christian Schools at Bugedo. He took the Vow of Regularity, Perfection and Pure Love. In October, 1926, he offered himself to Jesus through Mary. Soon after this heroic donation, he fell ill, and was obliged to rest. He died saintly In March 1927. He was, according to the Master of Novices, a Privileged Soul, who received Messages from Heaven.
Confessors and Theologians recognized these Supernatural facts. His Director asked him to write the Promises made by OUR LORD to those who have devotion to THE WAY OF THE CROSS: They are:
1. I'll grant everything that's asked of Me with Faith, when making The Way of The Cross.
2. I promise Eternal Life to those who pray from time to time. The Way of The Cross.
3. I'll follow them everywhere in life and I'll help them, especially at the hour of death.
4. Even if they have more sins than blades of grass in the fields, and grains of sand In the sea, all of them will be erased by The Way of The Cross. (Note: This promise doesn't eliminate the obligation to confess all mortal sins, and this, before we can receive Holy Communion.)
5. Those who pray The Way of The Cross often, will have a special glory In Heaven.
6. I'll deliver them from Purgatory, indeed if they go there at all, the first Tuesday or Friday after their death. 43
7. I'll bless them at each Way of The Cross, and My blessing will follow them everywhere on earth and, after their death, in Heaven for all Eternity.
8. At the hour of death I won't permit the devil to tempt them; I'll lift all power from him in order that they'll repose tranquilly in My Arms.
9. If they pray it with true love. I'll make of each one of them a living Ciborium in which it will please Me to pour My grace.
10. I'll fix My Eyes on those who pray The Way of The Cross often; My hands will always be open to protect them.
11. As I am nailed to the Cross, so also will I always be with those who honor Me in making The Way of The Cross frequently.
12. They'll never be able to separate themselves from Me, for I'll give them the grace never again to commit a Mortal sin.
13. At the hour of death I'll console them with My Presence and we'll go together to Heaven. Death will be sweet to all those who have honored Me during their lives by praying The Way of The Cross.
14. My Soul will be a protective shield for them, and will always help them, whenever they have recourse "Jesus, Mary, / love You, Save Souls"
St. Alphonsus Liguori wrote: "If you pray you are positive of saving your soul. If you do NOT pray you are just as positive of losing your soul." 44