"I just spoke with an OLMC parishoner who confirmed with Mr. John Pfeiffer (the owner of the chapel and seminary) that "Ambrose" is being accepted as legitimate and the discussion over that is closed. OLMC will be working with Ambrose in some capacity. I guess that means the investigation is completed."
So after many threads, thousands of pageviews, hundreds of posts finding all kinds of problems with Ambrose Moran, we have the following summary:
1. Ambrose Moran might not even be a priest or bishop
2. But he is almost certainly a con man
3. Basic psychology (behavior and body language while talking) reveals him to be lying
4. He has huge gaps in his past; his whole resume is a bunch of "references" (photos) that you can't call!
5. At least one photo (with Cardinal Slipyj) is morally certain to have been doctored, according to the independent opinions of dozens of laymen and clerics, including many with knowledge of Photoshop techniques
6. He's not even a good con man: does he not know that we Traditional Catholics dislike John Paul II? A lot of his own testimony paints him as a perfect fit in the Novus Ordo. Great...so you don't belong here!
7. As Fr. Chazal pointed out -- he was ordained in secret, trained as a spy (really? You're really claiming to be a spy with all kinds of links to famous people? Remind us why we shouldn't laugh at your claims...) so he could go into Russia...but then tucked tail and hid in the United States? Um...last I checked, the Soviet Union fell in 1991, not 1981 or 1976. So you and Cardinal Slipyj thought there was a need for a covert bishop to go work there...but then what, you got scared? Changed your mind?
8. We have testimony from several who dealt with him in the past that he is a fraud.
9. We have testimony from some others of his contacts that he wasn't there, they don't know him, etc. (he didn't officiate at that wedding, for example)
10. His other surname is most disturbing: Dolgorouky is the surname of a famous fraudulent royalty, Prince Alexis Dolgorouky of "Sealand", a man-made hunk of metal "island" off the coast of Britain.
Here is the quote: In 1969, by means of a passport he obtained from the artificial island of "Sealand", Alexis metamorphosized into the "Prince Romanov Dolgorouki". [The owner of the island] sold nobiliary titles to enterprising individuals each of which came with a passport from the "Principality of Sealand". It was thus that on 4 June 1969 Alexis obtained passport No. 6949 in the name of "His Highness Prince Alexis Romanov Dolgorouki". One of his most notable successes was to convince the Metropolitan of the Carpatho-Ukrainian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church in America, Archbishop Ambrosij, of his authenticity as a Romanov and a Dolgorouki.
11. And much more, too many to list!
12. No cleric or prominent layman OUTSIDE THE BOSTON, KY GROUP takes Ambrose Moran seriously. Hundreds of independent minds have come to the same conclusion -- except those who brains are plugged into the "hive mind" headquartered in Boston.
13. Ambrose Moran, you got a phone call while you were gone -- from a guy named "Occam's Razor"
So we have established with at least moral certainty that this "bishop" is doubtful, fraudulent, and bad news.
But combine this with some other disturbing facts:
1. Pablo continues to rule Boston, KY and have undue influence over Fr. Pfeiffer, Fr. Hewko, and the seminarians
2. The con-man Ambrose Moran is saying public Masses in Colorado and New Mexico, for now.
3. It has come to the public knowledge that yes, Fr. Pfeiffer has had an official "fallng out" with Bishop Williamson (and, by extension, Bishop Faure, who is still on good terms with his consecrator.)
4. Fr. Pfeiffer is near-desperate for a bishop now, and it is not unreasonable to hypothesize that he would love to be consecrated a bishop himself.
5. Fr. Voigt, his fellow laborer in the Lord's vineyard, has recently left the group, and gone public with many real problems in the Boston, KY seminary, mostly coming from Fr. Pfeiffer and Pablo.
6. Fr. Pfeiffer has seldom been known (at least in the last 3 years) to apologize or back down from anything that he once set his mind to do.
What lies ahead for Boston, KY? I can only say: complete disaster. As soon as Ambrose Moran begins exercising his "episcopal" powers. But even before that, we have resistant Faithful attending simulated "masses" said by a con artist. Eventually, the countless truths listed here will get out (See #1 to #13 in the first section above) and there are going to be some very angry ex-supporters.
Fr. Pfeiffer is steering his ship straight for the rocks, and setting his organization up for a disaster that even the tenacious, resourceful Fr. Pfeiffer will not be able to recover from.
When all this lunacy comes to full fruition, all the ignoring of complaints, vain dismissal of the facts, attacking of his "competition", and distracting media productions from Pablo will not be able to mend his reputation.