Another contextual excerpt from Recusant #14:
I really wish it were not the case, but there is too much evidence to ignore it.
Too many in the SSPX are now habitually speaking in this way, especially the S.G..
So, it's either that they are in semantic quandaries due to poor formation coupled with the inability to think logically, or they speak deliberately with the forked tongues of Modernists.
From Recusant #14, p. 14 -- the Empire of Ambiguity
Final Reply of Fr. Fernando Altamira, SSPX
Monday 6 January, 2014
Dear Fr. Bouchacourt,
After my sermon of 22nd December about the new Rosary Crusade, you asked me to do two things to avoid "measures."
...The situation of our Society, the Society of Saint Pius X, has been going on for a good number of years. It worsened dramatically in the last two and [a] half years, and became more evident and explicit for many of us priests.
This state of things is caused by the ideas
and mistakes of our Superior General, Bishop Bernard Fellay, [also] by the actions he has taken during his government. Bishop Fellay has almost made language of The Truth disappear
in it, by bringing about the reign - in the lesser cases - THE EMPIRE OF
, and in other worse cases expressing errors against Catholic Doctrine
(see the Doctrinal Declaration of April 2012). And better not talk about his statement on the modern mass: If Archbishop Lefebvre had seen the New Mass celebrated properly, he would not have taken the step that he did (Card. Canizares)
; taking in vain the name of our founder
to say that!
From p. 7, same issue,
Fr. Martin Fuchs, SSPX
...Again and again I had to realize that no clear language was being spoken any more.
So the second intention in the rosary crusade reads: "For the return of Tradition to into the church..." What is meant by "the church?" The Catholic Church as she was founded by Jesus Christ, or the post-conciliar church? If it means the Catholic Church, then no return is possible because Tradition is an integral part of the Catholic Church; if the post-conciliar church is meant, then it is [she] who left Tradition, then it is [she] who has to return to Tradition, not Tradition to the Church.
From p. 16 & 17, same issue,
Letter of the Colombian Faithful
in Support of Fr. Altamira
Santa Fe, Bogota, 10th January, 2014
2. Regarding the relations with Rome, Archbishop Lefebvre and the SSPX priests taught us this principle: the SSPX won't be engaged in negotiations to achieve an agreement with apostate Rome, as long as it is not converted, as long as Rome doesn't return to the Truth
(General Chapter 2006).
3. In 2012, we were greatly surprised and perplexed to learn that the SSPX leaders were secretly involved in efforts to place the work of Archbishop Lefebvre in submission to apostate, modernist, blind and erring Rome, thus sacrificing the very same Truth.
4. ...in order to achieve an agreement of 'regularization', the authorities have made use of a constant ambiguity of language,
abuse of authority, excessive diplomacy, secrets, political calculations and strange tricks... all of which has sown doubt and confusion among the faithful.
5. Furthermore, this tactic of ambiguity
, along with other similar signs, lead us to believe that the same organization which the pre-conciliar Magisterium denounced and condemned, the well-known New World Order that occupied Rome and introduced modernism
(the synthesis of all heresies) into the Church, is influencing the decisions of the Society. It is working with the same cunning and brutality as it did when it occupied Rome: trying to destroy the Society by means of false obedience
6. We are painfully aware that the battle against the enemies of Truth,
the battle in defence of the Faith
is no longer the combat of the leadership of the Society or its priority...
10. We understand that obedience must be directed towards the Faith and Truth.
Therefore, all obedience regarding the seeking of unity with apostate Rome, is false, illusory and involves a grave betrayal of the Truth
which is Christ our Lord.
The point is, when you play fast and loose with what truth is and what truth is not, you're playing a very serious game.