It would appear that Fr. Poisson:
1. Has a strong Marian schtick going on -- adding Marian prayers to the Leonine Prayers said after Mass, etc.
2. Claims that FSSP frowned on his strong Marian devotion
3. He relies on supernatural help from Mary rather than any kind of human prudence, due diligence, etc.
4. He is totally aloof from the Internet, again relying on Mary to personally send someone to tell him anything he needs to know
5. He considers the Internet 100% evil
6. He is 56 years old, a bit short, and of slender ("not skinny") build.
7. His most notable feature is his piety.
8. He is Canadian and his parents still live in Canada (that was the farm he spent the past 5 years on). Note his French last name.
9. He stated as fact that "bishop" Ambrose Moran conditionally ordained him
So it sounds like he is naive and imprudent to an insane degree.
I might as well get behind the wheel of my car with a blindfold on, relying on Our Lady to get me safely where I need to go. Talk about tempting God!
If he wants to be aloof from the Internet, that's fine. Just stay under someone (like your superiors in the FSSP) and you'll be fine. But if you're going to venture out ON YOUR OWN into the world of Tradition, do you really think there are no wolves to watch out for? How are you going to find out about them, by watching CNN? Oh, that's right -- Mary will personally send an angel or other messenger to give you the news that you could easily get with a Google search, using your brain, or doing your due diligence.
The closer the relationship (say, a bishop ordaining a priest, a priest seeking ordination from a bishop, a priest joining a group, or a person considering a suitor for marriage) the more you need to investigate to make sure you're not making a mistake.
Piety by itself (without doctrine, or prudence) is dangerous and inadequate. Don't you suppose countless young, wet-behind-the-ears priests in the 1950's were plenty pious? But they got sucked into the heresy of Modernism, and the rest is history. To this day, many of these formerly pious priests have done countless damage to the Church and to souls.
Fr. Poisson (and others like him) need to re-read their Scripture. Our Lord said to be simple as doves AND WISE AS SERPENTS. Fr. Poisson seems to be utterly missing this latter element.