Author Topic: A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.  (Read 7392 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Pablo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 177
  • Reputation: +0/-0
A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
« on: September 12, 2012, 03:33:12 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0


  • Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud, hatch out:

    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
     
    When the Society printed a pamphlet entitled "True Obedience" it made the point that as long as
    Rome was disobedient to tradition (which ended with the death of the apostle St. John for everyone's
    edification) then the correct response of the faithful was to be disobedient to disobedience.  This action
    would make us obedient to the will of God.  Now a religious member of any society makes the vows
    of poverty, chastity and obedience to a religious superior who stands in for the Rector Major or Superior
    General.  This act is a solemn act but it also presents the religious with a threefold freedom.
     
    First, the religious is free from the concern for money since the congregation assumes his keep and
    cares for his specific needs.  Second, he is free from the drive to procreate in a physical manner and
    enters into a spiritual procreation by saving souls for the kingdom of God.  Thirdly, he is free from
    following his own will in the matters that concern the apostolate.  He is sent as the apostles were sent
    in order to do the will of God expressed through the legitimate superior.  There is one exception - obedience
    does not make us robots to the rule but independent priests and brothers who follow the will of
    the superior when that will is in union with the purpose of God.  If an action of the superior is contrary
    to the will of God we must refuse to obey and choose rather the will of God.
     
    Now we have a situation in which priests of the Pius X Society have been silenced, punished, and expelled for
    speaking out in conscience concerning a matter that can influence the souls of many of the faithful.
    They have clearly declared their conscientious objections in a document in order to alert the superiors and
    the faithful of a matter of grave importance.
     
    Now this is not new but it has come to a head at this time.  When the Society took up the task of
    dialoguing with the modernist theologians of Rome, danger was apparent but the secrecy of the
    whole proceedings kept everyone in the dark concerning the matters discussed and the purpose
    of the discussions.  Archbishop Lefebve learned through experience that he could not deal with a Rome
    that embraced heresies.  Rome of 2012 continues in that mode of action and has not returned to the
    faith of our fathers.  Therefore we should not deal with them.  We should carry on the work of the
    Lord faithfully and pray for the return of faith to Rome.
     
    Yet we know that Our Lady has told us time and time again that Rome would go under the red flag and
    that apostasy would reach the very pinnacle of power everywhere.  Humbly bowing to the wisdom and
    words of our dear Mother we respectfully refrain from any connection with the poison of Rome.  Hence
    priests like Fr. Joseph Pfeiffer, Fr. Chazell, Fr. Hewko, and others have sounded the alarm of their conscience in order to preserve the society that they love.  Instead of being applauded for their sensitivity and concern,
    they are treated as criminals.
     
    Silencing the messengers in this instance is tantamount to a crucifixion of good and sincere priests and sends the message that one cannot deviate from some new and novel way of thinking in the society.  These priests
    have stated a message that came directly from their founder and they are expelled.  Would that the good
    Archbishop might rise from his grave and call the superiors back to their sworn duty to preserve the holy
    priesthood, the faith and to resist the errors present in the Conciliar Church.
     
    The faithful are now experiencing a new mode of speaking from the pulpits.  There is a disastrous pride that
    inundates the very minds of the local superiors.  No longer is the fatherliness of the good Archbishop treasured and lived out.  Now the mighty hand of power crushes any expression that they consider contrary to
    the new policies in relation to Rome.
     
    Our Lord was very clear "As you sow, thus you shall reap."  If you sow the seeds of fear, you will reap a communist society.  St. Paul's letter to the Corinthians gives the principle of Catholic Leadership in chapter
    13.   Love is patient; love is kind; love does not rejoice in error but in truth.  Do we, the faithful, find this
    being lived in houses like Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God in Syracuse under the dictatorship of Fr.
    Stanich.  Do we find the regional superior as a kindly father or is he a heavy handed tyrant who brooks no


    *
    resistance?  What do we find in our various parishes and chapels?  Is there a new attitude since these
    discussions?
     
    For the love of our good priests and the love of the society let us return to the spirit of the wonderful
    Archbishop who gave us the guidelines to follow in reference to Rome.  Simply stated:  carry on without
    Rome and save the souls our Lady sends to our chapels and grow in divine, sacrificial, victimal love.
     
    Reinstate our good priests and return to the battle in a unity of divine love.
     
    In the hearts of Jesus, Mary and Joseph,
     
     
    Fr. Richard Voigt

    Offline Maria Elizabeth

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 186
    • Reputation: +326/-0
    • Gender: Female
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 05:04:31 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Fr. Richard Voigt


    When the Society printed a pamphlet entitled "True Obedience" it made the point that as long as
    Rome was disobedient to tradition (which ended with the death of the apostle St. John for everyone's edification) then the correct response of the faithful was to be disobedient to disobedience.  This action would make us obedient to the will of God.  Now a religious member of any society makes the vows of poverty, chastity and obedience to a religious superior who stands in for the Rector Major or Superior General.  This act is a solemn act but it also presents the religious with a threefold freedom.
     
    First, the religious is free from the concern for money since the congregation assumes his keep and
    cares for his specific needs.  Second, he is free from the drive to procreate in a physical manner and
    enters into a spiritual procreation by saving souls for the kingdom of God.  Thirdly, he is free from
    following his own will in the matters that concern the apostolate.  He is sent as the apostles were sent in order to do the will of God expressed through the legitimate superior.  There is one exception - obedience does not make us robots to the rule but independent priests and brothers who follow the will of the superior when that will is in union with the purpose of God.  If an action of the superior is contrary to the will of God we must refuse to obey and choose rather the will of God.
     
    Now we have a situation in which priests of the Pius X Society have been silenced, punished, and expelled for speaking out in conscience concerning a matter that can influence the souls of many of the faithful.  They have clearly declared their conscientious objections in a document in order to alert the superiors and the faithful of a matter of grave importance.
     
    Now this is not new but it has come to a head at this time.  When the Society took up the task of
    dialoguing with the modernist theologians of Rome, danger was apparent but the secrecy of the
    whole proceedings kept everyone in the dark concerning the matters discussed and the purpose
    of the discussions.  Archbishop Lefebve learned through experience that he could not deal with a Rome that embraced heresies.  Rome of 2012 continues in that mode of action and has not returned to the faith of our fathers.  Therefore we should not deal with them.  We should carry on the work of the Lord faithfully and pray for the return of faith to Rome.
     
    Yet we know that Our Lady has told us time and time again that Rome would go under the red flag and that apostasy would reach the very pinnacle of power everywhere.  Humbly bowing to the wisdom and words of our dear Mother we respectfully refrain from any connection with the poison of Rome.  Hence priests like Fr. Joseph Pfeiffer, Fr. Chazell, Fr. Hewko, and others have sounded the alarm of their conscience in order to preserve the society that they love.  Instead of being applauded for their sensitivity and concern, they are treated as criminals.
     
    Silencing the messengers in this instance is tantamount to a crucifixion of good and sincere priests and sends the message that one cannot deviate from some new and novel way of thinking in the society.  These priests have stated a message that came directly from their founder and they are expelled.  Would that the good Archbishop might rise from his grave and call the superiors back to their sworn duty to preserve the holy priesthood, the faith and to resist the errors present in the Conciliar Church.
     
    The faithful are now experiencing a new mode of speaking from the pulpits.  There is a disastrous pride that inundates the very minds of the local superiors.  No longer is the fatherliness of the good Archbishop treasured and lived out.  Now the mighty hand of power crushes any expression that they consider contrary to the new policies in relation to Rome.
     
    Our Lord was very clear "As you sow, thus you shall reap."  If you sow the seeds of fear, you will reap a communist society.  St. Paul's letter to the Corinthians gives the principle of Catholic Leadership in chapter 13.   Love is patient; love is kind; love does not rejoice in error but in truth.  Do we, the faithful, find this being lived in houses like Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God in Syracuse under the dictatorship of Fr. Stanich[?]  Do we find the regional superior as a kindly father or is he a heavy handed tyrant who brooks no resistance?  What do we find in our various parishes and chapels?  Is there a new attitude since these discussions?
     
    For the love of our good priests and the love of the society let us return to the spirit of the wonderful Archbishop who gave us the guidelines to follow in reference to Rome.  Simply stated:  carry on without Rome and save the souls our Lady sends to our chapels and grow in divine, sacrificial, victimal love.
     
    Reinstate our good priests and return to the battle in a unity of divine love.
     
    In the hearts of Jesus, Mary and Joseph,
     
     
    Fr. Richard Voigt


    Such a beautiful letter!  I remember a time when our pastors were this kind and fatherly.  

    It's so sad that that time has now passed.  The infiltration of the SSPX has made many of our priests view members of their flock as "dirt beneath their feet", rather than sheep to care for.




    Offline stgobnait

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1346
    • Reputation: +941/-56
    • Gender: Female
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 05:15:40 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • sad... and true, maria elizabeth....they will not give their lives for the sheep.. the trumpet has given an uncertain sound.........

    Offline Neil Obstat

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 18173
    • Reputation: +8257/-638
    • Gender: Male
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 05:17:10 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I'm sorry, I don't see what Fr. Voigt is referring to here:

    Quote
    Now we have a situation in which priests of the Pius X Society have been silenced, punished, and expelled for
    speaking out in conscience concerning a matter that can influence the souls of many of the faithful.
    They have clearly declared their conscientious objections in a document in order to alert the superiors and
    the faithful of a matter of grave importance.


    Is he talking about the Declaration of Vienna, VA he wrote with Frs. Pfeiffer,
    Chazal, Hewko and Ringrose on August 10th?



    Quote from: J.Paul

    +“ONLY SHE CAN HELP YOU”+

    Vienna, Virginia, 10th August 2012 Priest Meeting.

     

    TODAY'S SITUATION

     
    1.        The Society of St. Pius X declaration of July 14th, 2012, while proclaiming the notion of the Divinity of Christ and His Kingship, actually moves in the opposite direction by using ambiguous language and by preparing to place the SSPX under the authorities of “the Rome of neo-Modernist and neo-Protestant tendencies.”(1974 Declaration)
    2.      There has been a longtime slide in the SSPX towards Vatican II and a growing silence about Novus Ordo scandals against the Faith.
    3.      There is an illusion that one can join the Vatican II Church without accepting Vatican II.
    4.      There is a need to assure souls that the combat for Catholic Tradition, maintained by Archbishop Lefebvre against Modernist Rome, will continue.
    5.      A new attitude favoring compromise has infected the leadership of the SSPX.
    6.      This new attitude now prevails in publications, websites, seminaries and pulpits.
    7.      The priests who resist this new attitude are being punished or threatened with punishment and in all cases are being silenced. The present crisis demands a public response of priests and faithful against this compromise with Modernist Rome.
    8.      Many priests are personally disillusioned with Menzingen for doctrinal reasons but are unsure, cowed or do not know what to do.
    9.      Many independent priests trust the SSPX less and less. They hope to pass on their parishes to doctrinally reliable priests.
    10.  There is a replacement of the original Fatima solution, which is the consecration of Russia by the pope united with the bishops, by a belief that the SSPX can negotiate Modernist Rome back to the Catholic Faith.
    11.  The imprudent and reckless willingness to agree to a “suitable condition” of abandoning the flock to the “wolves” of the diocesan bishops.
     


    DECLARATION

     
       The heart of the Faith is the Divinity of Christ and his Kingship over all nations: “Oportet illum regnare”. The errors of Vatican II are an indirect attack against his Divinity and a direct attack on his Social Kingship. They will forever remain the Revolution of 1789 within the Church.
     
       Today's Vatican has only changed for the worse since the Council (more damage, more new heresies, more effective semi-modernism), to such an extent that we can repeat the Archbishop's words of 1974 and 1976: “The Church that affirms such errors is at once schismatic and heretical. This Conciliar Church is therefore not Catholic. To whatever extent Pope, bishops, priests or faithful adhere to this new Church, they separate themselves from the Catholic Church.” (June 29, 1976)
       The Pope has allowed the True Mass, but only within the Pantheon of modernist liturgies. Further, he has made clear his espousing of the false doctrine of Religious Liberty by preaching it to be the model of how the Church and State are to relate one to another. Lastly the doctrine of Ecumenism has been widely and consistently professed by the Pontiff in his visits to protestant temples, synagogues and mosques and Assisi III confirms that the spirit of Assisi is alive and well. It was this spirit that moved the Archbishop to undertake an “Operation Survival”, that is now itself in great peril.
     
       Today's SSPX clearly wants to place itself under this Conciliar Church, mitigates the poison of Vatican II, is more and more silent in face of the abuses by the conciliar hierarchy, uses ambiguous language referring to two opposite Magisteria. At the same time that it is ever ready to believe in a constant debate with obdurate Roman officials, it uses strong arm tactics toward those standing against wicked reconciliation.
       We must wait for Our Lady to convert the Pope and inspire him to consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart in union with all the bishops and we must persevere in the Charity of the Truth and the Truth of Charity, organized in a united corps of priests faithful to the position always maintained by Archbishop Lefebvre.
     
    Fr. Joseph Pfeiffer, Fr. Ronald J. Ringrose, Fr. Richard Voigt, Fr. David Hewko, Fr. François Chazal



    Don't get me wrong. If this is what Fr. is referring to, that's great. I'm just sick and
    tired of all the misunderstandings, and I want to be absolutely sure this is what he
    was talking about before I print copies of both and start handing them out.

    The unclean spirit of ambiguity has done so much damage in the past 50 years,
    I'd like to put a stop to it in every way I can. If that means I'm going to look less
    "cool" or a stickler for details, then so be it. Let's roll!!
    .--. .-.-.- ... .-.-.- ..-. --- .-. - .... . -.- .. -. --. -.. --- -- --..-- - .... . .--. --- .-- . .-. .- -. -.. -....- -....- .--- ..- ... - -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. --. .-.-.

    Offline cantatedomino

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1019
    • Reputation: +0/-1
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 05:35:41 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Yes. Fr. Voigt was a participant of that summit and a signer of that document.


    Offline sspxbvm

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 477
    • Reputation: +849/-0
    • Gender: Male
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 05:38:24 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  •  The question "why does Bishop Fellay insist on everybody staying off the internet?" is finally answered: He has ordered the priests to silence. And in the mean time he has been up to all kinds of mischief which he hopes the priests only vaguely are aware of it. Those who are the most aware are those who have a little bit of power which they don't want to lose. Our good Archbishop made a pretty big mistake by consecrating that man. But it was/is God's will and somehow He will bring good from all of this evil despite the demise of the sspx.

      We everyone of us have a grave moral responsibility to pray for Bishop Fellay. Pray,pray, pray! His poor soul is in need of so many prayers! For it is through B. Fellay that communism has finally spread through the whole world by capturing the last place yet to be infected: the sspx. So let's pray. Pray for his poor soul. God help him and spare him. Remember, he is still a bishop and our of Charity we must love him and offer prayers and sacrifices.

    Offline Neil Obstat

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 18173
    • Reputation: +8257/-638
    • Gender: Male
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 05:43:35 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • BTW: I would suggest inserting a date on this: What Date Should It BE???


    And omit Pablo's inappropriate introduction (struck out)

    This ought to fit on a standard sheet better.

    I'll upload a PDF later, when we get a date, okay??

    Quote from: Pablo


    Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud, hatch out:



    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.                          

    Date Goes Here                          

     
    When the Society printed a pamphlet entitled "True Obedience" it made the point that as long as
    Rome was disobedient to tradition (which ended with the death of the apostle St. John for everyone's
    edification
    ) then the correct response of the faithful was to be disobedient to disobedience.  This
    action would make us obedient to the will of God.  Now a religious member of any society makes the
    vows of poverty, chastity and obedience to a religious superior who stands in for the Rector Major or
    Superior General.  This act is a solemn act but it also presents the religious with a threefold freedom.
     
    First, the religious is free from the concern for money since the congregation assumes his keep and
    cares for his specific needs.  Second, he is free from the drive to procreate in a physical manner and
    enters into a spiritual procreation by saving souls for the kingdom of God.  Thirdly, he is free from
    following his own will in the matters that concern the apostolate.  He is sent as the apostles were sent
    in order to do the will of God expressed through the legitimate superior.  There is one exception -
    obedience does not make us robots to the rule but independent priests and brothers who follow the
    will of the superior when that will is in union with the purpose of God.  If an action of the superior is
    contrary to the will of God we must refuse to obey and choose rather the will of God.
     
    Now we have a situation in which priests of the Pius X Society have been silenced, punished, and
    expelled for speaking out in conscience concerning a matter that can influence the souls of many of
    the faithful. They have clearly declared their conscientious objections in a document in order to alert
    the superiors and the faithful of a matter of grave importance.
     
    Now this is not new but it has come to a head at this time.  When the Society took up the task of
    dialoguing with the modernist theologians of Rome, danger was apparent but the secrecy of the whole
    proceedings kept everyone in the dark concerning the matters discussed and the purpose of the
    discussions.  Archbishop Lefebve learned through experience that he could not deal with a Rome that
    embraced heresies.  Rome of 2012 continues in that mode of action and has not returned to the faith
    of our fathers.  Therefore we should not deal with them.  We should carry on the work of the Lord
    faithfully and pray for the return of faith to Rome.
     
    Yet we know that Our Lady has told us time and time again that Rome would go under the red flag
    and that apostasy would reach the very pinnacle of power everywhere.  Humbly bowing to the
    wisdom and words of our dear Mother we respectfully refrain from any connection with the poison of
    Rome.  Hence priests like Fr. Joseph Pfeiffer, Fr. Chazell, Fr. Hewko, and others have sounded the
    alarm of their conscience in order to preserve the society that they love.  Instead of being applauded
    for their sensitivity and concern, they are treated as criminals.
     
    Silencing the messengers in this instance is tantamount to a crucifixion of good and sincere priests
    and sends the message that one cannot deviate from some new and novel way of thinking in the
    society.  These priests have stated a message that came directly from their founder and they are
    expelled.  Would that the good Archbishop might rise from his grave and call the superiors back to
    their sworn duty to preserve the holy priesthood, the faith and to resist the errors present in the
    Conciliar Church.
     
    The faithful are now experiencing a new mode of speaking from the pulpits.  There is a disastrous
    pride that inundates the very minds of the local superiors.  No longer is the fatherliness of the good
    Archbishop treasured and lived out.  Now the mighty hand of power crushes any expression that they
    consider contrary to the new policies in relation to Rome.
     
    Our Lord was very clear "As you sow, thus you shall reap."  If you sow the seeds of fear, you will reap
    a communist society.  St. Paul's letter to the Corinthians gives the principle of Catholic Leadership in
    chapter 13.   Love is patient; love is kind; love does not rejoice in error but in truth.  Do we, the
    faithful, find this being lived in houses like Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God in Syracuse under the
    dictatorship of Fr. Stanich.  Do we find the regional superior as a kindly father or is he a heavy
    handed tyrant who brooks no resistance?  What do we find in our various parishes and chapels?  Is
    there a new attitude since these discussions?
     
    For the love of our good priests and the love of the society let us return to the spirit of the wonderful
    Archbishop who gave us the guidelines to follow in reference to Rome.  Simply stated:  carry on without
    Rome and save the souls our Lady sends to our chapels and grow in divine, sacrificial, victimal love.
     
    Reinstate our good priests and return to the battle in a unity of divine love.
     
    In the hearts of Jesus, Mary and Joseph,
     
     
    Fr. Richard Voigt



    One detail, should it perhaps say: Sacred Tradition (as regarding Apostolic
    Revelation, which ended at the death of the Apostle, St. John...)? After all,
    the Mass has endured several accretions over the centuries, but it is
    Canonized for all time with Quo Primum (certain things can be added, but
    nothing can be deleted).
    .--. .-.-.- ... .-.-.- ..-. --- .-. - .... . -.- .. -. --. -.. --- -- --..-- - .... . .--. --- .-- . .-. .- -. -.. -....- -....- .--- ..- ... - -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. --. .-.-.

    Offline JMacQ

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 325
    • Reputation: +615/-3
    • Gender: Male
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • This letter is a little bit confusing.

    Whose illegal dismissal?

    Tradition did not end with the death of the apostle St. John.

    The SSPX do not take vows.

    The three priests have not been expelled.

    I find this sentence bizarre, both in language and in meaning: "carry on without Rome and save the souls our Lady sends to our chapels and grow in divine, sacrificial, victimal love"

    Are we sure that Reverend Father Voigt wrote this?
    O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!
    Praised be Jesus ad Mary!

    "Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta"


    Offline Neil Obstat

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 18173
    • Reputation: +8257/-638
    • Gender: Male
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: JMacQ
    This letter is a little bit confusing.

    Whose illegal dismissal?

    Tradition did not end with the death of the apostle St. John.

    The SSPX do not take vows.

    The three priests have not been expelled.

    I find this sentence bizarre, both in language and in meaning: "carry on without Rome and save the souls our Lady sends to our chapels and grow in divine, sacrificial, victimal love"

    Are we sure that Reverend Father Voigt wrote this?



    Thank you, JMacO, I was much too hasty. Now, I'm much obliged -- to YOU!  :cowboy:


    Come to think of it, "Second, he is free from the drive to procreate in a physical
    manner..." seems not only false, but misleading. Would that all priests could be
    "freed from that drive," but such is not the case. It's a lifelong burden to bear!!
    And not everyone can bear it. It takes a major shipment of grace for any man,
    including priests!
    .--. .-.-.- ... .-.-.- ..-. --- .-. - .... . -.- .. -. --. -.. --- -- --..-- - .... . .--. --- .-- . .-. .- -. -.. -....- -....- .--- ..- ... - -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. --. .-.-.

    Offline JMacQ

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 325
    • Reputation: +615/-3
    • Gender: Male
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 05:58:45 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • As much as I want to see the truth spread, I find this letter unsettling. Before I send it to my friends (as I do with other material coming from the Great Bishop and from the heroic Fathers) I want to be sure that it is genuine.
    O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!
    Praised be Jesus ad Mary!

    "Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta"

    Offline Neil Obstat

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 18173
    • Reputation: +8257/-638
    • Gender: Male
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 06:05:03 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: JMacQ
    As much as I want to see the truth spread, I find this letter unsettling. Before I send it to my friends (as I do with other material coming from the Great Bishop and from the heroic Fathers) I want to be sure that it is genuine.





    Ditto



    I have to go now..........









    We're all spoiled with Dinoscopus because you NEVER have to do any tweaking  
    on its content. Oh, that life could be so simple!
    .--. .-.-.- ... .-.-.- ..-. --- .-. - .... . -.- .. -. --. -.. --- -- --..-- - .... . .--. --- .-- . .-. .- -. -.. -....- -....- .--- ..- ... - -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. --. .-.-.


    Offline John McFarland

    • Newbie
    • *
    • Posts: 100
    • Reputation: +0/-0
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 06:12:55 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • FAQ 1 on www.sspx.org, the Society's U.S. website, describes the SSPX as follows: "The Society of St. Pius X is an international priestly society of common life without vows, whose purpose is the priesthood and that which pertains to it.So Fr. Voigt thinks that the priests of the Society of Pius X. which describes itself as a society of common life without vows, take vows."

    Fr. Voigt has worked with the Society.  

    If he thinks its members take vows, what else does he know about the Society that ain't so?


    Offline JMacQ

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 325
    • Reputation: +615/-3
    • Gender: Male
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 06:13:50 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • There is more: nobody says "the Pius X Society".

    And what is this thing that "obedience does not make us robots to the rule but independent priests and brothers who follow the will of the superior when that will is in union with the purpose of God"? Obedience does not make independent priests.

    I am sorry but I find it difficult to believe that this unsigned letter comes from a priest.
    O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!
    Praised be Jesus ad Mary!

    "Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta"

    Offline JMacQ

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 325
    • Reputation: +615/-3
    • Gender: Male
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 06:14:20 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • sorry double post

     I'm new at this

       :thinking:
    O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!
    Praised be Jesus ad Mary!

    "Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta"

    Offline cantatedomino

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1019
    • Reputation: +0/-1
    A Response to an Illegal Dismissal.
    « Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 06:34:20 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I know for a fact that Fr. Voigt penned this letter. He first authorized Pablo to release it to the internet, and then, because Pablo is banned from IA, he authorized me to post it on IA, only an hour or so ago.

    I was in contact with the real Fr. Voigt a bit more than an hour ago.

    I deleted the first sentence on the IA post because those are not Fr. Voigt's words.
    They are Pablo's commentary. Everything else is, as far as I know, authentically Fr. Voigt's. I trust that Pablo did not alter in any way what he received from Fr. Voigt for transmission.

    I wouldn't pick the thing apart searching everywhere for "waldo." That would not be the correct spirit vis a vis this document. If Fr. Voigt uses idiosyncratic expressions, it is because he is an individual. There's nothing to read into here.

    He's a good, caring priest, who loves truth and who is willing, not only to defend our heroes publicly, but also to suffer for God and for souls.

    Be ye simple, and cut the man some slack.

     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16