Read an Interview with Matthew, the owner of CathInfo

Author Topic: Resistance Split  (Read 26316 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline peterp

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 202
  • Reputation: +0/-14
Resistance Split
« on: December 26, 2014, 11:34:58 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Catching up with news from friends over Christmas. There is now a clear split in the Resistance. In England “The Recusant” have fallen in to line behind Fr. Pfiffer and Bp. Williamson has been told that he can no longer say Mass for them. Bp. Williamson supporters (mainly those who follow him for his secular views) are continuing to assist at SSPX Masses. Neither is Fr. Abraham welcome to say Mass for the Recusant (because of his una cum views)? The editorial of the magazine is no longer being written by Bp. Williamson’s righthand layman. The website & magazine  will no doubt be update in due course and remove support for the St. Marcel Initiative.

    It seems the battle lines are being drawn; it’s a new organization vs. independent only priests and it is time to choose sides.

    Offline Cantarella

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 7782
    • Reputation: +4568/-575
    • Gender: Female
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 12:50:26 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • What about choosing the Catholic side?

    It seems there is nothing but human passions (pride, in particular) behind all these divisions. The devil must be truly delighted to see the children of God turn against each other, forgetting who the enemy to combat really is. He is successfully using the "divide and conquer" strategy against us while we are losing focus in meaningless battles. He surely keeps us distracted.

    Instead of obsessing and complaining about the state of affairs in the Church, Catholics should be an oasis of True Faith and devotion. We need to focus on what we can actually do that is good, not always on what other people do that is bad or on matters beyond our control.

    We should be following and serving exclusively Christ the King rather than human personalities.
    If anyone says that true and natural water is not necessary for baptism and thus twists into some metaphor the words of our Lord Jesus Christ" Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit" (Jn 3:5) let him be anathema.


    Offline Centroamerica

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2557
    • Reputation: +1545/-427
    • Gender: Male
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 05:34:40 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I support Bishop Williamson, the Dominicans of Avrille, Fr. Thomas Aquinas OSB, Fr. Faure,
    Fr. Joaquim FBVM, Fr. Cardozo, Fr. Altamira, Fr. Trincado, Fr. Zendejas et al.

    Fr. Pfeiffer will not gain much support if he refuses to work with priests and bishops who will not submit  to his "authority". He will only end up with cultic followers.
    We conclude logically that religion can give an efficacious and truly realistic answer to the great modern problems only if it is a religion that is profoundly lived, not simply a superficial and cheap religion made up of some vocal prayers and some ceremonies...

    Offline 2Vermont

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 4462
    • Reputation: +2076/-518
    • Gender: Female
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 08:39:20 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Cantarella
    What about choosing the Catholic side?

    It seems there is nothing but human passions (pride, in particular) behind all these divisions. The devil must be truly delighted to see the children of God turn against each other, forgetting who the enemy to combat really is. He is successfully using the "divide and conquer" strategy against us while we are losing focus in meaningless battles. He surely keeps us distracted.

    Instead of obsessing and complaining about the state of affairs in the Church, Catholics should be an oasis of True Faith and devotion. We need to focus on what we can actually do that is good, not always on what other people do that is bad or on matters beyond our control.

    We should be following and serving exclusively Christ the King rather than human personalities.


    I agree with your last statement; however, the problem is some seem to think the way to follow and serve Christ the King is in the Novus Ordo church. When the Novus Ordo church is presented as the Catholic Church it causes division and although I disagree with the division it is understandable why it happens:  when the shepherd is struck, the sheep scatter.
    "For there is not any thing secret that shall not be made manifest, nor hidden, that shall not be known and come abroad."- Luke 8:17

    Offline Croixalist

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1160
    • Reputation: +770/-138
    • Gender: Male
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 09:10:08 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • First, I'd like to see Fr. Pfeiffer do a sermon about fasting. He is not a leader of men and the unfortunate turn of events with Fellay has put a very petty man in a position far beyond his natural capacities. Bishop Williamson will always, always have my respect and truly the biggest reason to back the resistance. As much as he's been avoiding it, it might be time to accept more of a leadership role with Chazal. Unless of course everyone rightly ignores Pfeiffer & Pablo's runaway train wreck they've got going.
    Fortuna finem habet.


    Offline Adolphus

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 467
    • Reputation: +467/-6
    • Gender: Male
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Croixalist
    First, I'd like to see Fr. Pfeiffer do a sermon about fasting. He is not a leader of men and the unfortunate turn of events with Fellay has put a very petty man in a position far beyond his natural capacities. Bishop Williamson will always, always have my respect and truly the biggest reason to back the resistance. As much as he's been avoiding it, it might be time to accept more of a leadership role with Chazal. Unless of course everyone rightly ignores Pfeiffer & Pablo's runaway train wreck they've got going.

    We don't know the future and therefore we should not say what we are going to do with respect other persons.  Bp. Williamson has your respect?  That's understandable.

    Will Bp. Williamson have always your respect?  Well, we don't know.  I hope Bp. Williamson never follows the antichrist rome and certainly it seems like he never will.  But so many have fallen...  And even if he never will, he –as anyone else– might fall in a different error.

    Let us stick to God and to those who follow Him while they follow Him.  Everything else is cultic.

    Offline Elizabeth

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 4847
    • Reputation: +2190/-5
    • Gender: Female
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 12:55:52 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: peterp

    It seems the battle lines are being drawn; it’s a new organization vs. independent only priests and it is time to choose sides.


    This was easy to see coming, but only as someone previously burned in a disgraceful, un Catholic battle.  At least people are being honest about it, not denying it has happened, which is to their credit.

    Offline Nobody

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 195
    • Reputation: +0/-1
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 02:49:05 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • It's sad to see so many people put their faith in personalities, and ignore principles, virtues and truth itself. Even many of those who just managed to escape the fallen SSPX have filled the void it created with.. more of the same. Reminds me of I Corinthians 12-13..

    Proof of this attitude can be found everywhere. Look at how many valid comments get down thumbed, for no other reason than someone saying something negative about one's hero, regardless of the truth in it, or simply because this or that username has been put into the 'enemy' basket and must be downthumbed every time he/she speaks. Many people act as if they can save their soul by insulting, opposing, condemning and down thumbing as many other Catholics as possible. Truth has become an empty word for them, only to be used in their own petty fights. And so many are ever ready to pick up and throw the first stone..

    If and when Bishop Williamson speaks, acts and leads like a Catholic bishop, he will have my support.
    If and when he meddles in useless visions, controversies and smalltalk, I will drop him like a hot brick.

    If and when Fr Pfeiffer speaks, acts and leads like a Catholic priest, he will have my support.
    If and when he oversteps his boundaries and causes unnecessary division, I will turn away from him.

    If and when a sedevacantist priest or bishop makes a good shepherd of souls, I will join his flock.
    If and when a sedevacantist priest or bishop becomes proud and schismatic, I will run far away.


    Offline Francisco

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1076
    • Reputation: +813/-2
    • Gender: Male
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 05:57:09 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Lepanto Again
    Quote from: peterp
    Catching up with news from friends over Christmas. There is now a clear split in the Resistance. In England “The Recusant” have fallen in to line behind Fr. Pfiffer and Bp. Williamson has been told that he can no longer say Mass for them. Bp. Williamson supporters (mainly those who follow him for his secular views) are continuing to assist at SSPX Masses. Neither is Fr. Abraham welcome to say Mass for the Recusant (because of his una cum views)? The editorial of the magazine is no longer being written by Bp. Williamson’s righthand layman. The website & magazine  will no doubt be update in due course and remove support for the St. Marcel Initiative.

    It seems the battle lines are being drawn; it’s a new organization vs. independent only priests and it is time to choose sides.


    This happens in all forms of Protestantism


    This Resistance split has only occurred in Britain. This sort of thing also occurs in Catholic lay prayer groups when the leader of a prayer group is challenged by another member who feels he has better attributes. The group then splinters and so on and so forth. They still call themselves Catholic.


    Offline Croixalist

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1160
    • Reputation: +770/-138
    • Gender: Male
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Bishop Williamson has paid more dues than any single SSPX-MC priest out there. Publically excoriated for contradicting the Holocaust narrative, utterly humiliated by his own order, and he still resists getting tangled into the petty squabbles that lesser men have fallen into.

    A priest who is morbidly obese, says his masses like it's a micro-machine commercial, and spends hours railing against other priests using all his powers of detraction to ridicule them, will not, cannot inspire anyone to greater holiness. Flee from him! This is what I'd expect from Martin Luther, not an SSPX. All you will get is emotion, his inability to deny himself has caught up with him now that he has assumed authority he doesn't understand how to use.

    So yeah, call me biased but Bishop Williamson has always carried himself respectfully and gracefully even if you don't agree with every single thing that comes out of his mouth. His insistence on following the spirit of Lefebvre's initial intent for his Bishops shows that he still has plenty of humility to spare. Pfeiffer needs to beg forgiveness for his scandalous behavior and by all means take a backseat for awhile.
    Fortuna finem habet.

    Online Ladislaus

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 17116
    • Reputation: +9508/-4050
    • Gender: Male
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 10:52:19 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • This has to be a world record for secondary splits after the initial split.


    Online Ladislaus

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 17116
    • Reputation: +9508/-4050
    • Gender: Male
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 11:01:08 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • As for the comments about obesity, you're entirely out of line; you're not in any position to make any kind of moral judgment about what led to it.  In fact, mortification can lead to a slow-down of metabolism.  Stress, due to long hours and lack of sleep, can increase cortisol levels, which contributes to fat storage.  In addition, someone fasting on bread and water will actually put on weight because carbs become blood sugar and mess with insulin production and fat storage.  I've known quite a few people who are overweight simply because they have mostly carbs in their diet ... because they're cheaper than meats and fats ... and not because they eat an inordinate amount of food.  My oldest son can eat 10,000 calories day and he's rail thin ... just can't put on weight despite the fact that he eats more than the rest of my kids combined.  Other people can just look at a piece of pie and put on five pounds.  So you have no idea about why Father Pfeiffer is overweight.

    Offline hollingsworth

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2328
    • Reputation: +2543/-281
    • Gender: Male
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 12:26:43 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • ladislaus:
    Quote
    As for the comments about obesity, you're entirely out of line; you're not in any position to make any kind of moral judgment about what led to it. In fact, mortification can lead to a slow-down of metabolism. Stress, due to long hours and lack of sleep, can increase cortisol levels, which contributes to fat storage.


    Yes, agreed.  Those comments were uncalled for.  As you explain, obesity can be brought on due to a variety of reasons.  I'm no fan of Fr. P.  Nevertheless, let's not pile on.

    Offline Centroamerica

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2557
    • Reputation: +1545/-427
    • Gender: Male
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 01:05:03 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I wouldn't even consider him obese. There is a huge difference between being obese and slightly overweight. I have to admit that I was trying to figure out who he was talking about until I got to the end. I was convinced he was speaking about a different SSPX priest that I know. I agree with most of the rest of the comment, however, but that part didn't do any justice.
    We conclude logically that religion can give an efficacious and truly realistic answer to the great modern problems only if it is a religion that is profoundly lived, not simply a superficial and cheap religion made up of some vocal prayers and some ceremonies...

    Offline Centroamerica

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2557
    • Reputation: +1545/-427
    • Gender: Male
    Resistance Split
    « Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 05:19:03 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0


  • It seems that another site has copied and pasted the conversations from this thread and used them to talk about me.

    Good for them.
    We conclude logically that religion can give an efficacious and truly realistic answer to the great modern problems only if it is a religion that is profoundly lived, not simply a superficial and cheap religion made up of some vocal prayers and some ceremonies...

     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16