If you ever find yourself "inexplicably banned", or unable to access CathInfo, you know how to contact me, right?
Take a guess. My name is what?
What is the name of this site?
Put those 2 things together: matthew at cathinfo.com
A few points:
1. I'm not going to ban anyone out of the blue. If you have no idea why I would ban you, trust me: I have no idea either!
2. I always give you a warning, unless you're brand-new and an obvious troll/troublemaker.
3. Everyone on CathInfo now is a member in good standing, so something would have to HAPPEN before I'd ban any of the current members.
4. Occasionally, my script to block bots, Chinese hackers, etc. catches good people in the net. If this happens to you, it will be manifested by not being able to access the website at all. KEY POINT: You also won't be able to visit other websites I host on my server either, like www.chantcd.com
So if you're simply banned from CathInfo, you'd still be able to access my server. But if you can't access chantcd.com, then your blocking has nothing to do with CathInfo at all.
5. Think about it: you haven't just been banned from an e-commerce site! So check ChantCD.com to see if it's a server-level IP address block.
6. I'm not some unstable madman. If you only posted a recipe for cookies yesterday, or an innocent comment like "Yeah, I sure hope Biden doesn't win the election!" and then you find yourself unable to access CathInfo the next day, it doesn't make sense that you were banned, does it? Obviously you weren't banned. You must have gotten snared in a false-positive by my anti bot blocking script.
Computers and software are rock stupid, they don't understand anything. The idea of a super-intelligent AI is the most ridiculous thing to a guy who deals with computers and software every day. You have to tell them Every. Little. Thing.