That other thread got out of hand. I must keep this brief, because I have a life outside this forum.
1. Telesphorus has two sides. The obsessive, or creepy/dangerous side, and the well-educated, intelligent Catholic side.
2. His "obsessive" side costs him downvotes. Hundreds of them.
3. His other posts on a wide variety of topics, being intelligent and usually spot-on, garner him hundreds of upvotes. Just hover your mouse over "Reputation" on any post by Telesphorus. It will tell you the total upvotes/downvotes -- the numbers tell the story.
4. Therefore, no one here approves of his periodic tirades against the SSPX, machismo, Puerto Ricans, individuals on this forum that don't like him, etc. On the contrary, most members either ignore these threads/posts, or give them the downvotes they deserve.
5. Several times I have been close to giving Tele a time-out, the last time only a couple of months ago.
6. The SSPX-Rome deal came to the forefront, and the Tele problem "fixed itself". I was quickly glad I didn't ban him, since he has a lot to offer in the current discussions. He certainly isn't fooled by the Powers That Be.
7. I don't know what "wierdos" S2S speaks of. I tend to get rid of members who radically don't belong.