You can now mine cryptocurrency in your browser, in the background, while you read, browse, post, etc. on CathInfo.
A few points I'd like to clear up right away:
1. This is 100% OPT-IN. Everyone's account is set to "no" or do not donate
2. Some anti-virus programs get all paranoid and upset about this activity, just because some shady sites have used this particular means of monetizing their traffic. So you might have to whitelist CathInfo.com in your security software -- tell it to make an exception for CI.
3. There is nothing "unsafe" about crunching numbers (solving math problems) in the background using your browser. It has nothing to do with privacy invasion, snooping, hacking, scamming, tricking, redirecting, or any of the other underhanded or destructive things real malware
does to you.
4. The cryptocurrency earned in this way (Monero or XMR for those of you interested) is given as a donation, but each person's contribution is kept separate. All donations are stored in buckets, sorted by CathInfo user name.
5. To begin donating in this way, please follow the 4 steps at the bottom of this post.
6. Please feel free to leave a browser window open
somewhere on CathInfo.com, even when you're away from your machine.
8. The more powerful your machine, the more XMR is generated per minute.
9. As long as you're logged in and browsing somewhere on the CathInfo.com site, you will be generating and donating XMR. You can do this on 1 machine, or 10 different machines (at different times, or all at once!)
10. All the work is done by your CPU; it doesn't matter what kind of graphics card you have.HOW TO BEGIN CREATING & DONATING CRYPTOCURRENCY:
(See the screenshots at the bottom of this post)
1. Select "Account Settings" from the Profile menu.
2. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the light blue section, and check the box next to "Support CathInfo?"
3. Fill in your password in the box right below it (this is always required to make any changes to your Profile!)
4. Click the button "Change profile" at the bottom of the light blue section, all the way to the right.
You're all set!
You will notice that when you become a supporter/miner for CathInfo, the CathInfo logo will change:
P.S. If you want don't want to leave your computer logged in to CathInfo (so kids and family members can mess with it), you can navigate to this page instead, which lets you donate "anonymously" without being logged in at all.https://www.cathinfo.com/four
I will probably come up with some other games, as well as more "business friendly" pages, to give you plenty of choices for the Anonymous mining option.