Author Topic: Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square  (Read 2221 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Augstine Baker

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 985
  • Reputation: +274/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • h
Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
« on: February 02, 2012, 05:21:07 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • VATICAN CITY - A blessing by Pope Benedict XVI exorcised the devil from two howling men during a general audience in St. Peter's Square in 2009, a leading Catholic exorcist says in an upcoming book.

    Extracts from the book by Gabriele Amorth, a well-known exorcist for the diocese of Rome who has already written two books on treating demonic afflictions, were published in Panorama magazine on Thursday.

    The Vatican has denied that the pope performed an exorcism on the men.



    Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Pope+chased+demons+from+Peter+Square+exorcist/6090817/story.html#ixzz1lGmOpSTL

    Offline Emerentiana

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1420
    • Reputation: +1194/-17
    • Gender: Female
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:40:08 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Yea Yea Yea


    Of course he did!  The new religion doesnt even believe in devils and in hell!
    Augustine,
    go find a  New Church forum to post your articles!


    BTW, a blessing is not the same as an excorcism.


    Offline MyrnaM

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6013
    • Reputation: +3480/-328
    • Gender: Female
      • Myforever.blog/blog
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:03:21 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Emerentiana,   we sedevacantist must stay on our own turff now, per Matthew, and we have to be happy for the good news of the novus ordo, or be silent.  I am just telling you this in case you missed the new rule.  

    So my advice to you is, stay off of Augistine Bakers good news threads.  Or rejoice with him about it.

    Sorry Augistine, Emerentiana is not being rude, she only comes here once in awhile and probably has not seen the correction yet.  I know her and she would never have mentioned what she mentioned even if it was the truth.  Please forgive her.   :pray:

    Offline SeanJohnson

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 4728
    • Reputation: +4137/-1447
    • Gender: Male
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 07:41:47 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  •    Possibly.

       I find it interesting and contradictory that there could be such a thing as a celebrity/rock star exorcist.  

       I always pictured real exorcists as humble and hidden, to protect against pride, whereas celebrity seems to imply the opposite.

       I don't wish to slander a man, but it seems to me like a priest who has a fascination with the devil, and wants to be known as one with power over him.

       "Pride preceedeth the fall."

       Will he go the way of Fr. Corapi?

       My sensus catholicus tells me there is something "off" about him, but I could be wrong, and certainly not calling him a fraud.

       But I am suspicious.
    Romans 5:20 "But where sin increased, grace abounded all the more."

    -I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

    Offline SeanJohnson

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 4728
    • Reputation: +4137/-1447
    • Gender: Male
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 07:43:51 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Seraphim
      Possibly.

       I find it interesting and contradictory that there could be such a thing as a celebrity/rock star exorcist.  

       I always pictured real exorcists as humble and hidden, to protect against pride, whereas celebrity seems to imply the opposite.

       I don't wish to slander a man, but it seems to me like a priest who has a fascination with the devil, and wants to be known as one with power over him.

       "Pride preceedeth the fall."

       Will he go the way of Fr. Corapi?

       My sensus catholicus tells me there is something "off" about him, but I could be wrong, and certainly not calling him a fraud.

       But I am suspicious.


    PS: Pretty well known that I am not a sede, so I presume I am free to cast a suspicious glance on the initial article, right?
    Romans 5:20 "But where sin increased, grace abounded all the more."

    -I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-


    Offline MyrnaM

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6013
    • Reputation: +3480/-328
    • Gender: Female
      • Myforever.blog/blog
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:31:25 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Of course if your not a sede, you can say anything you want.

    Offline ServusSpiritusSancti

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 8213
    • Reputation: +7164/-1
    • Gender: Male
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 08:41:07 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I doubt he could chase demons away...

    Offline Spork

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 315
    • Reputation: +155/-17
    • Gender: Male
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 11:17:07 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • So where does a sede go when in need of an exorcism?


    Offline TKGS

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 4553
    • Reputation: +3909/-365
    • Gender: Male
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 06:50:18 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Spork
    So where does a sede go when in need of an exorcism?


    Stop trying to derail the topic and temp others to discuss this outside the Crisis sub-forum.  If you want to ask something like this, start a topic where it belongs.

    Offline Spork

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 315
    • Reputation: +155/-17
    • Gender: Male
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 10:30:40 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: TKGS
    Quote from: Spork
    So where does a sede go when in need of an exorcism?


    Stop trying to derail the topic and temp others to discuss this outside the Crisis sub-forum.  If you want to ask something like this, start a topic where it belongs.


    Not trying to derail, Alice. Legit question. Don't be so self conscious.

    Offline Emerentiana

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1420
    • Reputation: +1194/-17
    • Gender: Female
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 12:02:25 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: MyrnaM
    Emerentiana,   we sedevacantist must stay on our own turff now, per Matthew, and we have to be happy for the good news of the novus ordo, or be silent.  I am just telling you this in case you missed the new rule.  

    So my advice to you is, stay off of Augistine Bakers good news threads.  Or rejoice with him about it.

    Sorry Augistine, Emerentiana is not being rude, she only comes here once in awhile and probably has not seen the correction yet.  I know her and she would never have mentioned what she mentioned even if it was the truth.  Please forgive her.   :pray:

    I didnt see Matthews new rules, but I still feel that most of us here dont really care what the Vatican believes or what Benedict does.

    Augustine is free to post on here an also I hope I am also.


    Offline Augstine Baker

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 985
    • Reputation: +274/-0
    • Gender: Male
      • h
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I have no reason not to believe that the Holy Father can cast out demons.

    Offline Diego

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1277
    • Reputation: +1/-0
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 12:41:25 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Augstine Baker
    I have no reason not to believe that the Holy Father can cast out demons.


    Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....

    Offline parentsfortruth

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 3822
    • Reputation: +2660/-3
    • Gender: Female
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 02:35:19 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Devils are tricky.

    They can make stuff look like whatever they want.

    And so, possibly what happened, is the "possessed men" made it look like BXVI exorcised them, to add credibility to their guy.

    Just sayin...

    And no, I'm not a sede.
    Matthew 5:37

    But let your speech be yea, yea: no, no: and that which is over and above these, is of evil.

    My Avatar is Fr. Hector Bolduc. He was a faithful parish priest in De Pere, WI,

    Offline s2srea

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 5020
    • Reputation: +3826/-28
    • Gender: Male
    Pope Chased Demons From Vatican Square
    « Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Diego
    Quote from: Augstine Baker
    I have no reason not to believe that the Holy Father can cast out demons.


    Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....


    X100!

    Augstine Baker- you're too funny man.

     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16