Author Topic: Making My Exit  (Read 1420 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ServusSpiritusSancti

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8213
  • Reputation: +7164/-1
  • Gender: Male
Making My Exit
« on: November 02, 2010, 03:07:48 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • After thinking and praying about it some, I have decided to make my exit from CatholicInfo. I do love this forum, but I think leaving would be the best thing to do. Why am I leaving? Well, it is primarily because of the arguments that take place here between the sedevacanists and the SSPX Catholics. The fighting between the two sides is very frequent, and Matthew has apparently been so busy with his family lately that he has not had the time to correct things. The fights don't last, but they occur way too often. I have been having a hard time with the sedes lately. The SSPX Catholics have not been posting much lately, it is mostly just the sedes. Some of them have been rather nasty. I've been told I need to wear a dunce cap, that I have a lot to learn about religion, etc. And the accusation earlier today that I look at Scripture and twist it into what I want it to mean like the Protestants do was the final straw. It was then that I realized leaving was the best thing for me to do.

    There are some good sedes here, and I do have respect for sedevacanism. But my respect for it has certainly taken a hit since joining here. I have tried being friendly to several of them only to get it thrown back in my face just because I'm an SSPX supporter. I tried being friendly to Dawn, instead I get blasted. I tried being friendly to Alexandria, instead I get blasted. I even tried to be friends with Raoul before he was banned, same results. I have really grown tired of SOME (not all) of the sedes here taking advantage of the fact that Matthew is kind enough to let them post here. Whenever he hasn't posted in a while, they start bashing SSPX Catholics more than usual because they can get away with it until he comes back. I have seen on far too many occasions sedes being nasty and using unnecesary criticism, and that is a sin. It also does not set a good example to have Traditional Catholics fighting all the time, and I no longer want to be a part of it. I don't mind debating with sedes, but it becomes hard when I am, by myself, arguing with 4 or 5 others. I can't even discuss the TLM without getting bashed for being an SSPX supporter. Some sedes here are only interested in talking about sedevacanism. I'm making this post so Matthew and everyone else will know why I left, and also to show some sedes what happens when you are nasty to other Trads. Not that my feelings are hurt, but someone is going to end up having their feelings hurt if this continues. I am also tired of seeing blasphemous posts from Classicom and a few others who come here and post such stuff from time to time. I am not going to be gone from here forever though. I do plan on coming back when things here have become more peaceful. Until then however, I no longer wish to spend my time arguing with sedes who think I am wrong no matter what I say. I will read the posts here every now and then so I will still be online sometimes, it's just going to be a while before I start posting again.

    So to sum up, I would like to thank Matthew for starting this great forum and allowing me to post here after being banned from the modernist CAF, and I would like to thank the SSPX Catholics here. I would also like to thank some of the sedes: Myrna, Emerentiana, Gladius Vertatis, and sedetrad for being nice to SSPX Catholics even if they didn't agree with their position, and for setting a good example. Thanks to these people. As I said, I will return when the sede vs. non-sede fights become less frequent. Thank you and May God Bless you all.

    +

    Offline Alexandria

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2607
    • Reputation: +442/-103
    • Gender: Female
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 03:12:03 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Bye!  

    You are very good at what you do.



    Offline Matto

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 5646
    • Reputation: +3074/-142
    • Gender: Male
    • Love God and Play, Do Good Work and Pray
      • Julian Moore
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 03:16:40 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I am sorry to see you go, SS. Hopefully you will return soon.
    I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

    Offline Cheryl

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 636
    • Reputation: +208/-2
    • Gender: Female
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 03:38:05 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: SpiritusSanctus


    . I have really grown tired of SOME (not all) of the sedes here taking advantage of the fact that Matthew is kind enough to let them post here. Whenever he hasn't posted in a while, they start bashing SSPX Catholics more than usual because they can get away with it until he comes back.

    +


    I'm not sure if you know this or not, but there are very few days Matthew and/or Mater aren't here.  Just because neither is  signed on or posting, doesn't mean they're not here reading posts.

    Offline Emerentiana

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1420
    • Reputation: +1194/-17
    • Gender: Female
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 05:41:35 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: SpiritusSanctus
    After thinking and praying about it some, I have decided to make my exit from CatholicInfo. I do love this forum, but I think leaving would be the best thing to do. Why am I leaving? Well, it is primarily because of the arguments that take place here between the sedevacanists and the SSPX Catholics. The fighting between the two sides is very frequent, and Matthew has apparently been so busy with his family lately that he has not had the time to correct things. The fights don't last, but they occur way too often. I have been having a hard time with the sedes lately. The SSPX Catholics have not been posting much lately, it is mostly just the sedes. Some of them have been rather nasty. I've been told I need to wear a dunce cap, that I have a lot to learn about religion, etc. And the accusation earlier today that I look at Scripture and twist it into what I want it to mean like the Protestants do was the final straw. It was then that I realized leaving was the best thing for me to do.

    There are some good sedes here, and I do have respect for sedevacanism. But my respect for it has certainly taken a hit since joining here. I have tried being friendly to several of them only to get it thrown back in my face just because I'm an SSPX supporter. I tried being friendly to Dawn, instead I get blasted. I tried being friendly to Alexandria, instead I get blasted. I even tried to be friends with Raoul before he was banned, same results. I have really grown tired of SOME (not all) of the sedes here taking advantage of the fact that Matthew is kind enough to let them post here. Whenever he hasn't posted in a while, they start bashing SSPX Catholics more than usual because they can get away with it until he comes back. I have seen on far too many occasions sedes being nasty and using unnecesary criticism, and that is a sin. It also does not set a good example to have Traditional Catholics fighting all the time, and I no longer want to be a part of it. I don't mind debating with sedes, but it becomes hard when I am, by myself, arguing with 4 or 5 others. I can't even discuss the TLM without getting bashed for being an SSPX supporter. Some sedes here are only interested in talking about sedevacanism. I'm making this post so Matthew and everyone else will know why I left, and also to show some sedes what happens when you are nasty to other Trads. Not that my feelings are hurt, but someone is going to end up having their feelings hurt if this continues. I am also tired of seeing blasphemous posts from Classicom and a few others who come here and post such stuff from time to time. I am not going to be gone from here forever though. I do plan on coming back when things here have become more peaceful. Until then however, I no longer wish to spend my time arguing with sedes who think I am wrong no matter what I say. I will read the posts here every now and then so I will still be online sometimes, it's just going to be a while before I start posting again.

    So to sum up, I would like to thank Matthew for starting this great forum and allowing me to post here after being banned from the modernist CAF, and I would like to thank the SSPX Catholics here. I would also like to thank some of the sedes: Myrna, Emerentiana, Gladius Vertatis, and sedetrad for being nice to SSPX Catholics even if they didn't agree with their position, and for setting a good example. Thanks to these people. As I said, I will return when the sede vs. non-sede fights become less frequent. Thank you and May God Bless you all.

    +


    Spiritus,
    We will miss you!  Please hurry back.  Remember, words are just words.....but discussion is good.  This is the only forum that tolerates discussion between sedes and others.  The differences are more pronounced these days then they were in the early days when the groups were not established and defined.  Its great to share ideas and viewpoints.  Remember....we are ALL Catholics!
    We love ya!


    Offline MyrnaM

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6013
    • Reputation: +3480/-328
    • Gender: Female
      • Myforever.blog/blog
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Spiritus,  I hope you change your mind!  Please do!  
    I know how you must feel because I too have been there, but tomorrow you might feel differently, I feel certain that you will.

    Maybe just take a few hours off, and  :wine-drinking:, we are just a big happy family, and sometime families argue a little, but the love is still there.  

    Offline St Jude Thaddeus

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 853
    • Reputation: +181/-23
    • Gender: Male
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 06:52:11 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: SpiritusSanctus
    Why am I leaving? Well, it is primarily because of the arguments that take place here between the sedevacanists and the SSPX Catholics.


     :roll-laugh1:

    Spiritus, you should have been here six or eight months ago. What you see today is nothing compared to then. It was so bad that I left for a few months, because I found myself making uncharitable comments to other posters and even contradicting myself at times in my haste to score points. Believe me, it can be a lot worse than this. As far as I have seen lately, no one is anathematizing or condemning each other to Hell or claiming that others belong to Satanic cults. (Well, I did a few weeks ago, but I was referring to Mormons, so that's OK.)



    Quote from: SpiritusSanctus
    There are some good sedes here, and I do have respect for sedevacanism. But my respect for it has certainly taken a hit since joining here. I have tried being friendly to several of them only to get it thrown back in my face just because I'm an SSPX supporter.


    That used to irritate me too, because for a several years I attended an SSPX chapel as well. Then I realized that many of us in that situation do sometimes have  a holier-than-thou attitude, because we get a few bones thrown to us by Rome every now and then and we have a larger, better-organized, and more well-known structure.

    Lately though, I have been seeing things more from the sedes standpoint. If a new religion really was created by apostate bishops, heretical priests, and an indifferentist laity in the past century, which saw its fruition at Vatican II and even included dubious Popes, Mass, and Sacraments, then why should I be so eager to be a part of that? I still value the SSPX's mission and I am torn between their more nuanced approach and the straight forward, black-and-white position of the sedes. I'm tired of making excuses for intentionally ignorant and apostate clergy and laity. I try to imagine a great Saint of the first Christian milenium dealing with these Modernists--he wouldn't have it! He'd shake the dust off his sandals and hit the pavement; and never lose a moment's sleep over it.

    Most sedes state that if an orthodox Pope appeared and cleaned house, they would return to communion with the Vatican. I'm beginning to think that this is actually the most prudent approach. If you have an alcoholic brother who refuses to straighten out his act, and you have talked to him about it and he won't listen, sometimes you just have to put some distance between him and yourself and your family. If one day he decides to shape up, you can bring him back into your life. If not, then the best thing for you and for your own family is to stay away.

    Anyhow, I didn't mean to hijack your thread; I'm just telling you that we all need to try to see things from the other's point of view. To the sedes, the SSPX is very wrongheaded in insisting on trying to "reform" or "restore" what is already rotten and broken. In effect, they believe the SSPX is only prolonging the final agony. To the SSPX, the sedes have jumped the gun, Martin Luther-style, and are eager to be their own bosses. Both sides have their own arguments, some more convincing than others. I myself cannot decide 100% at this time, although I am leaning more towards the SV position right now. At any rate, we have to realize that we may not all be at the same place in our understanding of this crisis right now and so we need to treat each other with basic charity. This is something I personally need to remember as much or more than anyone else on this forum.

    Sorry for hijacking your thread, SS!


     
    Quote from: SpiritusSanctus
    As I said, I will return when the sede vs. non-sede fights become less frequent.
    +


    Well, that'll be never, at least not without some kind of supernatural intervention, I'm afraid.
    St. Jude, who, disregarding the threats of the impious, courageously preached the doctrine of Christ,
    pray for us.

    Offline Thursday

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 698
    • Reputation: +517/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 07:17:12 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I hear what your saying about arguing with three or four people, especially if they are being uncharitable.  One of the reasons i left fisheaters.

    It would be nice to establish some protocol for when people disagree on a subject, so that we don't have all these nasty posts for the world to see. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard.


    Offline Roman Catholic

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2679
    • Reputation: +396/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 09:28:44 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Oh come on SS - don't get all wounded and hurt.

    If you post here, then you have to be prepared to discuss and back up your claims.

    If you make a statement that the microchip is the Mark Of The Beast and that it is mentioned in Scripture, don't you think it is right that you should be prepared to back up your statement if people question it.

    BTW, that has nothing to do with sede vs non-sede.

    With respect, I think your take on what has been going on here is biased and colored. It appears that you think you are being persecuted by a gang of horrible sedes who are out to git ya. But the real picture does not look the way that you describe it.

    I do agree that you have been hammered by some people, but also you have made some claims about sedes that do not stand up to scrutiny.

    So please do not mistake being challenged or robust discussion for you personally being picked on.

    You challenge other people, so why shouldn't you be challenged -- especially when you are wrong!

    Peace!  :cheers:

    Offline Roman Catholic

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2679
    • Reputation: +396/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: SpiritusSanctus


    ...I am also tired of seeing blasphemous posts from Classicom and a few others who come here and post such stuff from time to time.



    I think the same about that.

    Offline CathMomof7

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1045
    • Reputation: +1270/-10
    • Gender: Female
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 11:49:34 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • SS,
    I am sorry to see anyone leave but I do understand needing to take a break sometimes and step back from the conversation.  I hope soon you are able to work it out for yourself.  

    I am new to tradition and at times some of the arguments and disagreements bother me.  But I try to use what I read as an opportunity to educated myself better.  

    I do think, though, that name calling and snide remarks from either side is juvenile and unnecessary.

    I hope you return soon.



    Offline Dawn

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2439
    • Reputation: +44/-0
    • Gender: Female
      • h
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 05:08:30 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Roman Catholic that is all I wanted. He made claims against the sedes and I reversed the questions and put it back in his court.
    He asked if we sedes wanted 100% perfection and I asked if he wanted less.

    Also, all sedes are not affiliated with SSPV or SGG.

    St. Jude as usual you have a way with words and your post in wonderful

    Offline MyrnaM

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6013
    • Reputation: +3480/-328
    • Gender: Female
      • Myforever.blog/blog
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 08:08:54 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Dawn
    Roman Catholic that is all I wanted. He made claims against the sedes and I reversed the questions and put it back in his court.
    He asked if we sedes wanted 100% perfection and I asked if he wanted less.

    Also, all sedes are not affiliated with SSPV or SGG.

    St. Jude as usual you have a way with words and your post in wonderful


    No affiliated with Dimond brothers, especially so.  

    Offline Belloc

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6601
    • Reputation: +614/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Making My Exit
    « Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 08:12:28 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • take time out, get some fresh air and maybe actually do something away from the computer screen...one of reasons I very rarely post here at nights and weekends...but come back soon....
    Proud "European American" and prouder, still, Catholic

     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16