Author Topic: Has anyone here tried  (Read 1412 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Matto

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5648
  • Reputation: +3074/-142
  • Gender: Male
  • Love God and Play, Do Good Work and Pray
    • Julian Moore
Has anyone here tried
« on: September 18, 2010, 04:43:07 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I like watching animals and was thinking about the ways in which we can communicate with animals. When we watch them, maybe they are trying to tell us things, such as in the old saying "a little bird told me", although most people do not understand the language of animals. Many of the great saints understood the language of the animals as Saint Francis was famous for, but also Saint Anthony and many others. Maybe we do not understand the language of animals, but the Holy Ghost certainly does, and perhaps if we are in a state of grace and the Holy Ghost is dwelling in us, He may give us this understanding so that we could understand the language of the animals and communicate with them.
    I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

    Offline MyrnaM

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6013
    • Reputation: +3480/-328
    • Gender: Female
      • Myforever.blog/blog
    Has anyone here tried
    « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 05:24:37 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Matto,  I have a long way to go, I can't at times even understand humans.  


    Offline Harv1

    • Newbie
    • *
    • Posts: 24
    • Reputation: +10/-0
    Has anyone here tried
    « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 11:56:29 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • This is my first attempt at replying here.  I am not computer literate. I could not even introduce myself.  Yes, I speak to my dog all the time and yes in her own way she speaks to me.  It has taken me almost 10 years to get to this point.

    Offline Belloc

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6601
    • Reputation: +614/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Has anyone here tried
    « Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 12:12:44 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Animals, at least dogs and cats, can eventually understand us in a rudimentary way...such as "want to go outside and peepy", that brings my dog most of time to the door...

    Dogs are good at intuition, when we ahve pain, sorrow,etc and some know when seizures, MI's,etc come on...
    Proud "European American" and prouder, still, Catholic

    Offline Sigismund

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 5366
    • Reputation: +3104/-8
    • Gender: Male
    Has anyone here tried
    « Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 07:36:12 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I speak to my cat all the time, often in language I cannot repeat here after that special feeling of stepping in a pile of cold cat vomit in the middle of the night on my way to the bathroom.  My now deceased wife used to yell at me every time, "Put on some slippers and go to confession for that mouth!"  
    Stir up within Thy Church, we beseech Thee, O Lord, the Spirit with which blessed Josaphat, Thy Martyr and Bishop, was filled, when he laid down his life for his sheep: so that, through his intercession, we too may be moved and strengthen by the same Spir


    Offline Roman Catholic

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2679
    • Reputation: +396/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Has anyone here tried
    « Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 12:09:57 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Sigismund
    I speak to my cat all the time, often in language I cannot repeat here after that special feeling of stepping in a pile of cold cat vomit in the middle of the night on my way to the bathroom.  My now deceased wife used to yell at me every time, "Put on some slippers and go to confession for that mouth!"  


    Ha ha, I bet that cat understood what you were saying!

    Offline Catholic Samurai

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2813
    • Reputation: +733/-12
    • Gender: Male
    Has anyone here tried
    « Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Matto
    I like watching animals and was thinking about the ways in which we can communicate with animals. When we watch them, maybe they are trying to tell us things, such as in the old saying "a little bird told me", although most people do not understand the language of animals. Many of the great saints understood the language of the animals as Saint Francis was famous for, but also Saint Anthony and many others. Maybe we do not understand the language of animals, but the Holy Ghost certainly does, and perhaps if we are in a state of grace and the Holy Ghost is dwelling in us, He may give us this understanding so that we could understand the language of the animals and communicate with them.


    If you want to understand animals, then take time to listen to them, even if they are silent. They most often do not speak with their mouths, but with their eyes, their movements, their heart beats, etc.
    "Louvada Siesa O' Sanctisimo Sacramento!"~warcry of the Amakusa/Shimabara rebels

    "We must risk something for God!"~Hernan Cortes


    TEJANO AND PROUD!

    Offline ServusSpiritusSancti

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 8213
    • Reputation: +7164/-1
    • Gender: Male
    Has anyone here tried
    « Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 07:58:37 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • My cat can sometimes tell by the tone of my voice whether I'm being friendly, trying to keep it calm, or am mad at it. Oh, and my cat doesn't like   :heretic:


    Offline Elizabeth

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 4847
    • Reputation: +2190/-7
    • Gender: Female
    Has anyone here tried
    « Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I like to think I have a certain rapport with birds-not all birds, but some of them are my dear little friends.

     :dancing:

    So, at times it seems to me that they understand a little bit of what I am saying, sometimes a dove has come at a perfect moment.  It could just as easily be an over-active imagination on my part.

    I used to have a very loyal dog named Lamb.  He suffered terribly whenever I got sick and would not leave my bedside until things got better.

    Have you read any of the Medieval Beastiaries,(sp) Matto?  They explain the various qualities of animals.

    Offline Catholic Samurai

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2813
    • Reputation: +733/-12
    • Gender: Male
    Has anyone here tried
    « Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 08:12:16 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: SpiritusSanctus
    My cat can sometimes tell by the tone of my voice whether I'm being friendly, trying to keep it calm, or am mad at it. Oh, and my cat doesn't like   :heretic:


    I used to have a dog (of Spanish breed) who would go into an attack mode whenever I said "Schismatic"! She actually jumped a home-aloner when I called them that!  :laugh1:

    Note: This happened when I was much younger.  :rolleyes:
    "Louvada Siesa O' Sanctisimo Sacramento!"~warcry of the Amakusa/Shimabara rebels

    "We must risk something for God!"~Hernan Cortes


    TEJANO AND PROUD!

    Offline ServusSpiritusSancti

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 8213
    • Reputation: +7164/-1
    • Gender: Male
    Has anyone here tried
    « Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 08:17:13 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Catholic Samurai
    Quote from: SpiritusSanctus
    My cat can sometimes tell by the tone of my voice whether I'm being friendly, trying to keep it calm, or am mad at it. Oh, and my cat doesn't like   :heretic:


    I used to have a dog (of Spanish breed) who would go into an attack mode whenever I said "Schismatic"! She actually jumped a home-aloner when I called them that!  :laugh1:

    Note: This happened when I was much younger.  :rolleyes:


    If only we could train cats and dogs to go into attack mode when ever they hear the word "heretic" or, better yet, "Cardinal Mahoney".   :laugh1:


    Offline Catholic Samurai

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2813
    • Reputation: +733/-12
    • Gender: Male
    Has anyone here tried
    « Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 08:21:05 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Elizabeth
    I like to think I have a certain rapport with birds-not all birds, but some of them are my dear little friends.

     


    While they are my favorite birds, I'm not the raven's favorite person. lol The bat's, however, will swoop down to tell me hi once in a while.
    "Louvada Siesa O' Sanctisimo Sacramento!"~warcry of the Amakusa/Shimabara rebels

    "We must risk something for God!"~Hernan Cortes


    TEJANO AND PROUD!

     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16