Because ( a ) I want Alex to be confronted with what other people think about these matters, as it says in the Bible you admonish your brother once privately and then if that doesn't work you bring in others, and ( b ) We can't have a reasonable conversation about this in person because someone who shall remain nameless enjoys flipping out whenever even the lightest varnish of truth rears its head. This person is so oversensitive and afraid of sedes, that it's almost at the point where they will flip out if I start to say a word beginning with the letter "s" just for fear I'm going to say "sede." It is getting worse and worse; a bad conscience? I don't know. Because I don't preach about sedevacantism nearly as much as this person is making it appear, if at all. They want me to say NOTHING about it EVER, even though of course it comes up naturally in various circumstances. But they want total silence about the sede issue, while they can say whatever they want.
So I feel the need for arbitration. Alex needs to get a thicker skin and deal with the fact that I'm sede, and also to come to terms with sedevacantism in general. I am not going to NEVER talk about it. It's just not going to happen.
You've had to stomach nothing because I don't attack you with any non-sede stuff. I don't even bring it up.
Nonsense. You passive-aggressively bring up all kinds of things you know will disgust me, like that you think Mother Theresa is really a saint even though she allegedly didn't try to convert anyone in her hospital and just thought they should all stay in their false religions. When you posted that article by Ben Stein about how this Jew is being so generous and allowing us to say Merry Christmas... You know EXACTLY how I'm going to react to that.
There is a limit to everything. I am very tolerant of your views despite how strongly you know I disagree with them, but there's a limit to how much I will take. You are too tolerant of VII and if you don't watch out you're going to end up with only VII friends, and there will be no truth in your life. Not even the SSPX people here would be able to stomach a lot of what you say. You really buy into some major lies. And then when you then show such hostility to sedevacantism, it doesn't look good.
I am willing to put up with all this as long as I think your heart is open, but sometimes I wonder, like tonight. If you were someone who cared about the truth, why would you say "I'll never be a sede?"
God help you. Your recollection of events and reality is really warped. his person is so oversensitive and afraid of sedes, that it's almost at the point where they will flip out if I start to say a word beginning with the letter "s" just for fear I'm going to say "sede."
- Give me a break. I can't believe you would even write this and try to convince people that this is true. Unbelieveable how far you will go. Your conversations don't even mention the word sede when they are brought up, they are just ubout the sede issue, not the word, so to make it seem as if I flip out over the "s" word as soon as I hear it is an outright lie. Secondly, as is your constant habit, you seem to think you always know my thoughts and heart. You bring up the "you are afraid of sedes" thing again, when you've brought it up to me before and I've explained to you that I am not afraid of sedes, etc.. I've told you 100 times why I don't want to discuss the sede issue. Yet you always come back and make it seem to me and everyone here that you don't know the reason. But they want total silence about the sede issue, while they can say whatever they want.
- the thing is I don't say whatever I want because I know you don't agree with it. I might mention something in one sentence and then you disagree with it, and then I tell you ok that is your view and my view is different and let it just be that and let us not discuss it any further because we could go in circles forever with the issue. but then you INSIST on arguing over the issue and I keep telling you to keep to your view and I'll keep to mine and let us move on to another topic and you won't. You chase after me like a raging bull with the issue until I have to hang up on you because you won't shut up when I told you I am not interested in getting into a discussion about it. You passive-aggressively bring up all kinds of things you know will disgust me, like that you think Mother Theresa is really a saint even though she allegedly didn't try to convert anyone in her hospital and just thought they should all stay in their false religions.
- it was you who brought up the topic of Mother Teresa, not me. You brought it up after you brought up the issue of whether I believe all the canonization of JPII are valid. You brought up Mother Teresa as an example and I told you that, while I don't know about Escriva, I believe Mother Teresa was an actual saint. And you tried to argue over it and I said, well you believe she is not a saint but I believe she was, so let's just move on. But you insisted on arguing over it, until I began singing to shut you up (I sang to distract myself from getting upset at the fact that you were trying to force me to get in to a discussion about your belief that Mother Teresa was not a saint).
You never remember reality as it is, and see my actions as to blame in instances where it is not, because you suffer from constantly seeing only negative in everything and everyone.
Like I've told you a hundred times, worry about your own soul and let me worry about mine. You are so set on trying to convince me of the sede position. I don't want to hear it. I have enough to worry about working on my soul.
P.S. For everyone here, the reason as to why I don't want to discuss the sede (which I have told Raoul 100 times before yet he still insists on making me get into discussions related to sedevacantism) is:
1) I don't have the mental energy to get into a complicated discussion concerning sede vs non sede issues - considering I just spent the last 8-9 years of my life taking care of my grandmother 24/7, 3 hours sleep, no day off, etc...
2) Even priests and bishops are disagreeing over this issue and have not come to an agreement, so if they have not figured it out, then am I to think that I can figure it out.
3) For me to get into long debates concerning the sede vs. non-sede side will only make us go in circles because there are valid points on both sides. Sedes and non-sedes have been arguing for decades and are still in disagreement and I don't have the energy to join this circular, not going anywhere, debate. (I have enough problems as it is).
4) I have enough work working on the faults of my own soul to concern myself with figuring out sede vs. non-sede. All that will be figured out with the reign of the Holy Pope and the triumph of the Immaculate Heart. Until then, none of us will know the full truth of the matter - until the Holy Pope, as prophecied, will restore all things and, through a council, reveal whether the Popes were valid or not.
5) For me to believe the Pope is valid, and for you to believe that the Pope is invalid, is not going to effect our salvation. We won't be held liable for all this confusion, it is the hierarchy. As long as I know how to be a good traditional Catholic and try not to sin, then that is what matters. I have enough spiritual trials to worry about then to bring another burden on me that neither you nor I can be 100% sure of until the Holy Pope comes.
6) Instead of spewing forth complaints and hatred for the things that are going wrong in the Church, I would rather pray (even though I am not praying as much as I should though). Wasting our time arguing about what is wrong with everything is not going to restore things back to the proper way. It's a waste of time. It would be different if we were like St. Paul and going out and actually preaching to the multitudes in the way of truth. But for you and I to argue over it does nothing. I know the things that are wrong that come out of VII. I know how to be a trad catholic. That is what matters. The rest I leave to God to sort out in His due time.