1. For Trads who are well versed in the controversy and issues of V-II -- this Post will be beneath you. Stop reading now (lol). Instead, for those - if for the few - who like breakdowns as a thought exercise…in particular for those whose circumstance ties them to the N.O. and are considering out.
2. In looking for misdirection, indirection, and seduction you may see ‘magic.’ If deliberate inconsistency is present, then you may experience a directed manipulation of your reality. An innocent magician’s slight of hand if you’re unknowingly open to naturalism… or suspicious ’black’ magic if you believe Catholic Doctrine to be Apostolic in teaching, origin, and succession (Ott 308); hence a partial breakdown (for brevity) of Unitatis Redinetigratio.
3. Vatican II’s Decree on Ecumenism: Unitatis Redintegratio
, which means ‘Restoration of Unity’ in Latin. Catholic Principles and Practice of Ecumenism
4. ‘Restoration’ - action of returning something to a former condition.
5. ‘Principles’ - fundamental truth(s) that serves as the foundation for a system of belief .
6. Hence, a Decree on Ecumenism outlined by a system of beliefs to return Catholic Unity to its former condition = Traditionally, this was stated as ‘The Ecumenism of the Return’ - which is clear, direct and straight forward.
*. On Faith and Reason (First Vatican Council April 24th 1870, pg. 808 D.E.C. Vol. II). - “Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason.” / “Faith never requires us to believe anything that is contradictory to human reason.” pg. 89 Spirago.
references as needed - MisdirectionIndirectionUnitatis RedintegratioMortalium AnimosSatis Cognitum Mystici Corporis Christi DECREE ON ECUMENISM
1. The restoration of unity among all Christians is one of the principal concerns of the Second Vatican Council. Christ the Lord founded one Church and one Church only. However, many Christian communions present themselves to men as the true inheritors of Jesus Christ; all indeed profess to be followers of the Lord but differ in mind and go their different ways, as if Christ Himself were divided.(1) Such division openly contradicts the will of Christ, scandalizes the world, and damages the holy cause of preaching the Gospel to every creature. (Acknowledgement of previous Church teaching on ecumenism of the return. The writers in union with Pope and Bishops can’t claim a mistaken interpretation of ecumenism if they are inconsistent moving forward
). But the Lord of Ages wisely and patiently follows out the plan of grace on our behalf, sinners that we are. In recent times more than ever before, He has been rousing divided Christians to remorse over their divisions and to a longing for unity. Everywhere large numbers have felt the impulse of this grace, and among our separated brethren also there increases from day to day the movement, fostered by the grace of the Holy Spirit, for the restoration of unity among all Christians. This movement toward unity is called "ecumenical." Those belong to it who invoke the Triune God and confess Jesus as Lord and Savior, doing this not merely as individuals but also as corporate bodies. For almost everyone regards the body in which he has heard the Gospel as his Church and indeed, God's Church. All however, though in different ways, long for the one visible Church of God, a Church truly universal and set forth into the world that the world may be converted to the Gospel and so be saved, to the glory of God. The Sacred Council gladly notes all this. (Heretical. Pius XI ‘Mortalium Animos’ directly contradicts: “…false opinion which considers all religions to be more or less good and praiseworthy, since they all in different ways manifest and signify that sense which is inborn in us all, and by which we are led to God…those who hold this opinion are in error and deceived…” -- an ambiguous ’unity’ to get you to follow along a blasphemous insinuation that the Holy Ghost is the inspiration behind each heretical ‘corporate body’ or ‘sect’ desiring to keep their heresy in a larger umbrella ‘Church.’ If you remove the heresy, it would state straightforwardly that the Holy Ghost is inspiring each ‘sect’ to conform to the doctrines of the One true Religion, aka the ecumenism of the return
). It has already declared its teaching on the Church, and now, moved by a desire for the restoration of unity among all the followers of Christ, it wishes to set before all Catholics the ways and means by which they too can respond to this grace and to this divine call. (Misdirection via the use of the word ‘unity’ used 5x in the introduction and note the opening Orthodox statement. Your attention is placed over these words and opening statement to let your guard down while the Council is subtly encouraging that ‘you too’ can take part in the ‘new’ ecumenism…to follow
3. Even in the beginnings of this one and only Church of God there arose certain rifts,(19) which the Apostle strongly condemned.(20) But in subsequent centuries much more serious dissensions made their appearance and quite large communities came to be separated from full communion with the Catholic Church - for which, often enough, men of both sides were to blame. The children who are born into these Communities and who grow up believing in Christ cannot be accused of the sin involved in the separation, and the Catholic Church embraces upon them as brothers, with respect and affection. (Heretical statement involving misdirection, a Non-Sequitur, and deliberate inconsistency. Inconsistent with the opening statement in the introduction. The ’both sides to blame’ misdirects you from paying attention that separated brethren are the heretics or the ones in error. It does not follow that these heretical children are exempt from the sin via invincible ignorance if they are over the age of reason (ie 9 years)… or have never troubled themselves to know the True Religion because of worldly gain in adulthood…or due to their other sins without confession are still mortally blameworthy
). For men who believe in Christ and have been truly baptized are in communion with the Catholic Church even though this communion is imperfect. (Heretical statement. ‘Men in imperfect communion’ is inclusive of whatever heresy you want to place here…. Donatist, Old Catholics, Gallicans, Pelagians, etc. and now these are all thrown under a more pleasing banner of ‘partial communion’ rather than correctly identifying heretics, schismatics, and apostates
) The differences that exist in varying degrees between them and the Catholic Church - whether in doctrine and sometimes in discipline, or concerning the structure of the Church - do indeed create many obstacles, sometimes serious ones, to full ecclesiastical communion. The ecumenical movement is striving to overcome these obstacles. But even in spite of them it remains true that all who have been justified by faith in Baptism are members of Christ's body,(21) (the ‘21’ makes reference to the Council of Florence session 8, Nov 22nd 1439. Noteworthy because, now a presumption of deliberate inconsistency can be attributed to at least one trained theologian if not many more by this referencing of Pope Eugene’s Bull Decretum pro Armenis or Exultate Deo which throughout has a tenor defining the Ecumenism of the return. To allege that this Bull gave reference to heretics being in the Body of Christ is intended deceit. A guess would be none other than Joseph Ratzinger, or B16 who was a ‘theological consultant‘ during the creation of V-II. Why? Because out of his own words he claims intended change to Pius IX Syllabus of Errors against Naturalism, Indifferentism, etc. by referring to the French Revolution’s selling points as his basis in thought: ’liberty, equality, and fraternity’ - B16's 'Principles of Theology' go to page 381 starting at 2nd paragraph
). and have a right to be called Christian, and so are correctly accepted as brothers by the children of the Catholic Church.(22) (Any decree based on ‘principles’ would allude to specificity towards the different historical heresies; for how can you ‘overcome’ that which you are not ‘made aware of‘?… ‘the right to be called Christian’ could have come straight from Martin Luther himself- it’s taken from his vantage point. Following a line of reasoning to the above will lead you not so much into heresy, but into apostasy or into a new religion unknowingly
). Moreover, some and even very many of the significant elements and endowments which together go to build up and give life to the Church itself, can exist outside the visible boundaries of the Catholic Church: the written word of God; the life of grace; faith, hope and charity, with the other interior gifts of the Holy Spirit, and visible elements too. All of these, which come from Christ and lead back to Christ, belong by right to the one Church of Christ. (Amalgamating Doctrine with Heresy. Assuming that ‘significant elements’ are from the Catholic Church, coming from Christ that lead to a ‘Church of Christ’ which are non-Catholic heretical sects -Church of Christ …
). The brethren divided from us also use many liturgical actions of the Christian religion. These most certainly can truly engender a life of grace in ways that vary according to the condition of each Church or Community. These liturgical actions must be regarded as capable of giving access to the community of salvation. (Heretical. Should read, heretics are outside the ‘arc of salvation’ but can aspire to the esteem of others in their worldly conduct
It follows that the separated Churches(23) and Communities as such, though we believe them to be deficient in some respects, have been by no means deprived of significance and importance in the mystery of salvation. For the Spirit of Christ has not refrained from using them as means of salvation which derive their efficacy from the very fullness of grace and truth entrusted to the Church. (Non sequitur. Separated ‘churches’ are in fact deprived. Implicit is that they are already baptized and thus if one were to believe in BOD, it wouldn’t apply. For those who believe in invincible ignorance, they don’t have the sin of separation, but their other sins over a lifetime would most likely damn them…unless one believes in God’s intervention outside required Catholic beliefs
). Nevertheless, our separated brethren, whether considered as individuals or as Communities and Churches, are not blessed with that unity which Jesus Christ wished to bestow on all those who through Him were born again into one body, and with Him quickened to newness of life - that unity which the Holy Scriptures and the ancient Tradition of the Church proclaim. For it is only through Christ's Catholic Church, which is "the all-embracing means of salvation," that they can benefit fully from the means of salvation. (error to say ‘fully’ given previous Church teaching. Makes Faith quantitative rather than qualitative. You believe all that the Church has taught to ensure your Faith, not in believing 75% of what the Church teaches… you are either pregnant or you‘re not. You choose to be a Catholic or not
). We believe that Our Lord entrusted all the blessings of the New Covenant to the apostolic college alone, of which Peter is the head, in order to establish the one Body of Christ on earth to which all should be fully incorporated who belong in any way to the people of God. This people of God, though still in its members liable to sin, is ever growing in Christ during its pilgrimage on earth, and is guided by God's gentle wisdom, according to His hidden designs, until it shall happily arrive at the fullness of eternal glory in the heavenly Jerusalem.