Greetings fellow warriors,
Funnily enough, the survey I wrote below was the last straw for the good folks at Amazon. I've now been banned from all discussion boards there, and they're busy cleansing the boards of my presence. Moreover, it appears that they're also purging my book reviews (two so far have been deleted, one of which was against Pope Dawkins and his nonsense, the other against the assault upon the incarnational that the Kindle represents). Meanwhile, the likes of Anne Rice and her abysmal minions remain free to vandalize the Amazon discussion boards with every manner of anti-Catholic filth. Such is the world.
At any rate, if you know of some good places for me to post this survey, kindly let me know. Thanks.
Greetings atheist friends,
Kindly copy the following questionnaire, paste it into the response box, honestly fill in your answers, and post them here. Feel free to recruit your atheist family, lovers, friends, acquaintances, associates, and co-workers to participate.
Some of the questions may seem strange at first, but the relevance of every question will subsequently be made clear.
I thank you in advance for your participation.
4) National origin:
5) Highest educational level completed:
6) Parental religious background:
7) Personal religious background:
If your parents were married, you would characterize their marriage as [happy/unhappy]. Did your parents divorce? If so, how old were you at the time? Were your parents never married?
9) I would describe my relationship with my father as [close/distant/frightening]. If it was/is not close, would you say that you now dislike or even hate your father or his memory?
10) When did you first realize that you were an atheist? Was there a triggering event or did your consciousness of your atheism develop
11) Extent of theological studies (list theologians, not secondary literature, studied in depth; also list their works studied):
12) Extent of philosophical studies (list philosophers, not secondary literature, studied in depth; also list their works studied; note: the likes of Michel Foucault and Jacques Derrida do not herein qualify as philosophers):
13) Have you read Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Dennett, and/or Sam Harris? Specify which and what. Do you believe that any or all of these men are possessed of profound theological and philosophical knowledge?
14) If so, have you read any responses to Dawkins et al., such as those of David B. Hart, Edward Feser, or Thomas Crean, O.P.? Specify:
15) I was [fill in] years old when I had my first sexual experience. I was [fill in] years old when I lost my virginity.
16) I masturbate [fill in] times a week.
17) I watch pornography [hours] a week.
18) I've had homosexual sex [fill in] times.
19) Regarding abortion, I am [pro/anti]-choice.
20) I've encouraged, abetted, paid for, and/or committed [fill in] abortions.
21) I [do/do not] play video games. If you do, how many hours per week?
22) I watch [fill in] hours of television per week.
23) I watch [hours] of movies per month. Violence is a [major/minor] factor in most of the movies I watch.
24) The majority of the music I listen to [was/was not] written after 1913. Of that which was written after 1913, [most/a bit] of this was written after 1951.
25) Silence is quite [tolerable/intolerable] to me. Those who know me would most likely [disagree/agree] with me about my capacity to endure silence.