Read an Interview with Matthew, the owner of CathInfo

Author Topic: Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest  (Read 5373 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline stevusmagnus

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3728
  • Reputation: +824/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • h
Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
« on: December 17, 2010, 11:32:24 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jPgGTvY1xdbOh0weSAeFFf3nxyPQ?docId=3ca2c5ebde384076962b96f0c9d09dfc

    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    (AP) – 2 hours ago

    DUBLIN (AP) — The Vatican tried to stop Dublin church leaders from defrocking a particularly dangerous pedophile priest and relented only after he raped a boy in a pub restroom, an investigation reported Friday.

    Dublin Archbishop Diarmuid Martin said he fully accepted the findings of the latest chapter in Ireland's investigation into child abuse by Catholic Church figures.

    Martin called Tony Walsh an "extremely devious man" who should never have been ordained a priest, and said the report highlighted how the church had grown too powerful and arrogant in 20th century Ireland.

    A state-ordered investigation into Dublin Archdiocese cover-ups reported last year that Catholic officials had shielded scores of priests from criminal investigation over several decades and didn't report any crimes to the police until 1995. The findings sent shockwaves through the church and forced three Irish bishops to resign.

    A chapter dealing with Walsh was censored from the original report because he was still facing a criminal trial. The Department of Justice published the chapter Friday following the 56-year-old Walsh's Dec. 6 conviction for repeatedly raping three boys three decades ago. He received a 12-year prison sentence.

    The investigators — a judge and lawyers acting independently of the Irish government — concluded that Walsh actually raped and molested hundreds of boys while serving as a Dublin priest from 1978 to 1996, a rein of terror that church leaders never effectively stopped.

    They described Walsh as "probably the most notorious child sexual abuser" of the 46 cases they investigated covering the years 1975-2004. Walsh often performed as an Elvis impersonator in a traveling Catholic song-and-dance production popular with children called the "All Priests Show." The report found this increased his easy access to so many victims.

    The fact-finders based their conclusions on previously confidential Dublin and Vatican documents and interviews with key church figures that took five years to gather. They found that Dublin Archdiocese leaders spent several years arguing over whether Walsh should be defrocked, sent to counselors in England, or assigned to duties that kept him away from children.

    They finally expelled him from the priesthood at a 1993 canonical trial — the first in Ireland in three decades. But Walsh successfully appealed the verdict to the Vatican, which ordered him to be sent for 10 years to a monastery instead.

    The investigators documented how Rome relented only after police finally opened a 1995 criminal probe into the mountain of abuse reports — including Walsh's recent sexual assault of a boy in a pub restroom following the funeral of the victim's grandfather.


    Offline gladius_veritatis

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6172
    • Reputation: +1234/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 11:39:36 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I am stunned ;)
    + Vincit veritas +


    Offline stevusmagnus

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 3728
    • Reputation: +824/-0
    • Gender: Male
      • h
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 11:42:24 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Serial child rapist sent to monastery for 10 years.

    ABL excommunicated for keeping Tradition.

    Hmmmmm...  :scratchchin:

    Offline gladius_veritatis

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6172
    • Reputation: +1234/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 11:47:15 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Just more innocent, good-willed mistakes...which are in NO WAY indicative of any kind of bad will :)
    + Vincit veritas +

    Offline Belloc

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6601
    • Reputation: +614/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 11:56:52 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • and Ireland, except SSPX, is now mainly secular.....no surprise there.....

    (unsure of status of any SV movement there)
    Proud "European American" and prouder, still, Catholic


    Offline stevusmagnus

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 3728
    • Reputation: +824/-0
    • Gender: Male
      • h
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • But if you take the bad things as intentional, you have to take the good things as well. Thus BXVI intentionally freed the Mass and remitted the excomms and is changing "for all" to "for many".

    So if BOTH the good and the bad are intentional it shows a confused mind or a sort of schizophrenia present (Modernism) where the Pope is holding two contradictory theses in his mind and thinks they are compatible.

    A truly evil anti-pope would never have done the good things. He would have merely steered the Church more forcefully towards perdition.

    Offline Belloc

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6601
    • Reputation: +614/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 11:59:46 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • B16 is like a confused man-deer in headlights look-that is barely standing on the bow of 2 ships, waving and wiggling, nearly in the water or one of the ships
    Proud "European American" and prouder, still, Catholic

    Offline Telesphorus

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 12714
    • Reputation: +7/-12
    • Gender: Male
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 12:03:43 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • If someone wants to drag people along with him, he makes a few signs of orthodoxy.  Like at the Republican Convention, they pay lip service to opposition to abortion and family values.


    Offline gladius_veritatis

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6172
    • Reputation: +1234/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: stevusmagnus
    A truly evil anti-pope would never have done the good things. He would have merely steered the Church more forcefully towards perdition.


    How does the devil operate?  Does he not give "good things" to those he intends to ensnare?  Does that mean he is schizophrenic?

    Your line of argumentation here is, to be kind, childish.
    + Vincit veritas +

    Offline LM

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 333
    • Reputation: +0/-0
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 12:46:15 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: stevusmagnus
    But if you take the bad things as intentional, you have to take the good things as well. Thus BXVI intentionally freed the Mass and remitted the excomms and is changing "for all" to "for many".

    So if BOTH the good and the bad are intentional it shows a confused mind or a sort of schizophrenia present (Modernism) where the Pope is holding two contradictory theses in his mind and thinks they are compatible.

    A truly evil anti-pope would never have done the good things. He would have merely steered the Church more forcefully towards perdition.


    Remember Pope Leo XIII.  There is nothing more dangerous than mixing the error with truth. One error/word, like a drop of poison is enough to kill.


    Offline Belloc

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6601
    • Reputation: +614/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 01:01:50 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Telesphorus
    If someone wants to drag people along with him, he makes a few signs of orthodoxy.  Like at the Republican Convention, they pay lip service to opposition to abortion and family values.


    true, and now, some momma bear TV shows to show family values and guns.... :tv-disturbed:
    Proud "European American" and prouder, still, Catholic


    Offline stevusmagnus

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 3728
    • Reputation: +824/-0
    • Gender: Male
      • h
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 01:05:32 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • So now BXVI is some prophetic mastermind whose every move is calculated to bring about maximum devastating effects to the Church sprinkling just the right amount of Truth affirmation and good acts with bad ones.

    This is just as bad as the Neo-Caths who believe every apparent bad act of the Pope is really a long term mastermind strategy for renewal.

    And I'M the one whose thinking is childish?

    This is the kind of insane conspiracy-first mindset I was talking about earlier that drains Trads of all credibility.

    It is ridiculous to think a diabolical Modernist anti-pope Hell-bent on Church destruction is going to free the Latin-Mass and rehabilitate the SSPX. To think so, simply forces whatever evidence there is into a pre-conceived radical conclusion.

    The obvious explanation is that the man is a Modernist and truly thinks there is a synthesis of Catholicism with what is "true" in secular values and that this does not compromise the Faith. He is working under a completely different orientation than us. If you understand his orientation his actions make sense. As Bp. W has said he has a Traditional heart and a Modernist mind.

    If BXVI were as truly diabolically brilliant as some of you would have him to be he could have destroyed the Church 6 times by now or at least made more progress in destroying the liturgy than freeing the Mass and trying to reform the NO to be more  conservative.

    Sedes have the same disorientation and distorted thinking as their ridiculous conclusion serves as a false pretext and skewed prism for viewing and interpreting all actions in this crisis. Indeed Sedes are the mirror image of their Neo-Cath brothers. Both are a bunch of absolutist neo-ultramontanists.

    Offline LM

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 333
    • Reputation: +0/-0
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 01:17:48 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: stevusmagnus
    So now BXVI is some prophetic mastermind whose every move is calculated to bring about maximum devastating effects to the Church sprinkling just the right amount of Truth affirmation and good acts with bad ones.

    This is just as bad as the Neo-Caths who believe every apparent bad act of the Pope is really a long term mastermind strategy for renewal.

    And I'M the one whose thinking is childish?

    This is the kind of insane conspiracy-first mindset I was talking about earlier that drains Trads of all credibility.

    It is ridiculous to think a diabolical Modernist anti-pope Hell-bent on Church destruction is going to free the Latin-Mass and rehabilitate the SSPX. To think so, simply forces whatever evidence there is into a pre-conceived radical conclusion.

    The obvious explanation is that the man is a Modernist and truly thinks there is a synthesis of Catholicism with what is "true" in secular values and that this does not compromise the Faith. He is working under a completely different orientation than us. If you understand his orientation his actions make sense. As Bp. W has said he has a Traditional heart and a Modernist mind.

    If BXVI were as truly diabolically brilliant as some of you would have him to be he could have destroyed the Church 6 times by now or at least made more progress in destroying the liturgy than freeing the Mass and trying to reform the NO to be more  conservative.

    Sedes have the same disorientation and distorted thinking as their ridiculous conclusion serves as a false pretext and skewed prism for viewing and interpreting all actions in this crisis. Indeed Sedes are the mirror image of their Neo-Cath brothers. Both are a bunch of absolutist neo-ultramontanists.


    Tell me stevus.  How sane is it to give assent to who a man who is diabolically disoriented, schizophrenic, naturally spiritually blind.


    Offline LM

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 333
    • Reputation: +0/-0
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 01:23:37 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: LM
    Quote from: stevusmagnus
    So now BXVI is some prophetic mastermind whose every move is calculated to bring about maximum devastating effects to the Church sprinkling just the right amount of Truth affirmation and good acts with bad ones.

    This is just as bad as the Neo-Caths who believe every apparent bad act of the Pope is really a long term mastermind strategy for renewal.

    And I'M the one whose thinking is childish?

    This is the kind of insane conspiracy-first mindset I was talking about earlier that drains Trads of all credibility.

    It is ridiculous to think a diabolical Modernist anti-pope Hell-bent on Church destruction is going to free the Latin-Mass and rehabilitate the SSPX. To think so, simply forces whatever evidence there is into a pre-conceived radical conclusion.

    The obvious explanation is that the man is a Modernist and truly thinks there is a synthesis of Catholicism with what is "true" in secular values and that this does not compromise the Faith. He is working under a completely different orientation than us. If you understand his orientation his actions make sense. As Bp. W has said he has a Traditional heart and a Modernist mind.

    If BXVI were as truly diabolically brilliant as some of you would have him to be he could have destroyed the Church 6 times by now or at least made more progress in destroying the liturgy than freeing the Mass and trying to reform the NO to be more  conservative.

    Sedes have the same disorientation and distorted thinking as their ridiculous conclusion serves as a false pretext and skewed prism for viewing and interpreting all actions in this crisis. Indeed Sedes are the mirror image of their Neo-Cath brothers. Both are a bunch of absolutist neo-ultramontanists.


    Tell me stevus.  How sane is it to give assent to a man who is diabolically disoriented, schizophrenic, naturally spiritually blind.


    Offline Belloc

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6601
    • Reputation: +614/-0
    • Gender: Male
    Vatican tried to keep Irish child rapist as priest
    « Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 02:10:10 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: LM
    Quote from: stevusmagnus
    So now BXVI is some prophetic mastermind whose every move is calculated to bring about maximum devastating effects to the Church sprinkling just the right amount of Truth affirmation and good acts with bad ones.

    This is just as bad as the Neo-Caths who believe every apparent bad act of the Pope is really a long term mastermind strategy for renewal.

    And I'M the one whose thinking is childish?

    This is the kind of insane conspiracy-first mindset I was talking about earlier that drains Trads of all credibility.

    It is ridiculous to think a diabolical Modernist anti-pope Hell-bent on Church destruction is going to free the Latin-Mass and rehabilitate the SSPX. To think so, simply forces whatever evidence there is into a pre-conceived radical conclusion.

    The obvious explanation is that the man is a Modernist and truly thinks there is a synthesis of Catholicism with what is "true" in secular values and that this does not compromise the Faith. He is working under a completely different orientation than us. If you understand his orientation his actions make sense. As Bp. W has said he has a Traditional heart and a Modernist mind.

    If BXVI were as truly diabolically brilliant as some of you would have him to be he could have destroyed the Church 6 times by now or at least made more progress in destroying the liturgy than freeing the Mass and trying to reform the NO to be more  conservative.

    Sedes have the same disorientation and distorted thinking as their ridiculous conclusion serves as a false pretext and skewed prism for viewing and interpreting all actions in this crisis. Indeed Sedes are the mirror image of their Neo-Cath brothers. Both are a bunch of absolutist neo-ultramontanists.


    Tell me stevus.  How sane is it to give assent to who a man who is diabolically disoriented, schizophrenic, naturally spiritually blind.



    Do you feel B16 is:
    -possesed? if so, what proof?
    -purposely evil, dispensing evil aroudn the globe
    -confused and raised with heretical beleifs like most of us were (no, the 20's were not pristine!)

    if your dad, when you were a child and he head of home-was a drunk that swore, gave poor example and dumb theology-etc-would you still recognize he had the headship role???

    if not, then who would be the head? your mother? older brother? who???

    can we conclude B16 has the Chair-but is there in name only? or filling a position without authority??
    Proud "European American" and prouder, still, Catholic

     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16