Author Topic: Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.  (Read 3957 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Geremia

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3378
  • Reputation: +960/-198
  • Gender: Male
    • St. Isidore e-book library
Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
« on: July 24, 2016, 04:54:58 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!6
  • A LETTER FROM PADRE PIO TO POPE PAUL VI

    A short time before his death, Padre Pio, having In mind the Audience which the Chapter Members of his Order would have in the course of their General Chapter, wrote a letter to Pope Paul. In the letter he expressed his firm adherence to the Magisterium and its teachings, particularly mentioning the recent encyclical, "Humanae Vitae". Padre Pio also expressed his obedience, devotedness and filial sharing in the anxieties of His Holiness. The full text is as follows:

    Your Holiness:

    Availing myself of Your Holiness' meeting with the Capitular Fathers, I unite myself in spirit with my Brothers, and in a spirit of faith, love and obedience to the greatness of Him whom you represent on earth, offer my respectful homage to Your August Person, humbly kneeling at Your feet.

    The Capuchin Order has always been among the first in their love, fidelity and reverence for the Holy See. I pray the Lord that its members remain ever thus, continuing their tradition of seriousness and religious asceticism evangelical poverty, faithful observance of the Rule and Constitutions, renewing themselves in vigorous living and deep interior spirit—always ready, at the least gesture from Your Holiness, to go forward at once to assist the Church in her needs.

    I know that Your heart suffers much these days on account of the happenings in the Church: for peace in the world, for the great needs of its peoples; but above all, for the lack of obedience of some, even Catholics, to the lofty teachings which You, assisted by the Holy Spirit and in the name of God, have given us. I offer Your Holiness my daily prayers and sufferings, the insignificant but sincere offering of the least of your sons, asking the Lord to comfort you with His grace to continue along the direct yet often burdensome way—in defense of those eternal truths which can never change with the times.

    In the name of my spiritual sons and of the "Praying Groups" I thank Your Holiness for the clear and decisive words You have spoken in the recent encyclical, "Humanae Vitae", and I reaffirm my own faith and my unconditional obedience to Your inspired directives.

    May God grant truth to triumph, and, may pence be given to His Church, tranquility to the people of the earth, and health and prosperity to Your Holiness, so that when these disturbing clouds pass over, the Reign of God may triumph in all hearts, through the Apostolic Works of the Supreme Shepherd of all Christians.

    Prostrate at Your feet, I beg you to bless me, my Brothers in religion, my spiritual sons, the "Praying Groups", all the sick—that we may faithfully fulfill the good works done in the Name of Jesus and under your protection.

    Your Holiness' most humble servant,

                                                                             PADRE PIO, Capuchin

    San Giovanni Rotondo, 12th September, 1968.
    Taken from:
    L'Osservatore Romano
    Weekly Edition in English
    10 October 1968, page 9

    L'Osservatore Romano is the newspaper of the Holy See.
    The Weekly Edition in English is published for the US by:

    The Cathedral Foundation
    L'Osservatore Romano English Edition
    320 Cathedral St.
    Baltimore, MD 21201
    Subscriptions: (410) 547-5315
    Fax: (410) 332-1069
    lormail@catholicreview.org

    Provided Courtesy of:
    Eternal Word Television Network
    St. Isidore e-book library: https://isidore.co/calibre

    Offline TKGS

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 4724
    • Reputation: +4010/-412
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 05:48:03 PM »
  • Thanks!3
  • No Thanks!1
  • How do sedevacantists explain what?  A better question, how do you explain a pope changing every single sacrament and teaching doctrines incompatible with Catholic dogma?


    Offline JezusDeKoning

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2940
    • Reputation: +1083/-2217
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 05:52:44 PM »
  • Thanks!5
  • No Thanks!1
  • Quote from: Geremia
    A LETTER FROM PADRE PIO TO POPE PAUL VI

    A short time before his death, Padre Pio, having In mind the Audience which the Chapter Members of his Order would have in the course of their General Chapter, wrote a letter to Pope Paul. In the letter he expressed his firm adherence to the Magisterium and its teachings, particularly mentioning the recent encyclical, "Humanae Vitae". Padre Pio also expressed his obedience, devotedness and filial sharing in the anxieties of His Holiness. The full text is as follows:

    Your Holiness:

    Availing myself of Your Holiness' meeting with the Capitular Fathers, I unite myself in spirit with my Brothers, and in a spirit of faith, love and obedience to the greatness of Him whom you represent on earth, offer my respectful homage to Your August Person, humbly kneeling at Your feet.

    The Capuchin Order has always been among the first in their love, fidelity and reverence for the Holy See. I pray the Lord that its members remain ever thus, continuing their tradition of seriousness and religious asceticism evangelical poverty, faithful observance of the Rule and Constitutions, renewing themselves in vigorous living and deep interior spirit—always ready, at the least gesture from Your Holiness, to go forward at once to assist the Church in her needs.

    I know that Your heart suffers much these days on account of the happenings in the Church: for peace in the world, for the great needs of its peoples; but above all, for the lack of obedience of some, even Catholics, to the lofty teachings which You, assisted by the Holy Spirit and in the name of God, have given us. I offer Your Holiness my daily prayers and sufferings, the insignificant but sincere offering of the least of your sons, asking the Lord to comfort you with His grace to continue along the direct yet often burdensome way—in defense of those eternal truths which can never change with the times.

    In the name of my spiritual sons and of the "Praying Groups" I thank Your Holiness for the clear and decisive words You have spoken in the recent encyclical, "Humanae Vitae", and I reaffirm my own faith and my unconditional obedience to Your inspired directives.

    May God grant truth to triumph, and, may pence be given to His Church, tranquility to the people of the earth, and health and prosperity to Your Holiness, so that when these disturbing clouds pass over, the Reign of God may triumph in all hearts, through the Apostolic Works of the Supreme Shepherd of all Christians.

    Prostrate at Your feet, I beg you to bless me, my Brothers in religion, my spiritual sons, the "Praying Groups", all the sick—that we may faithfully fulfill the good works done in the Name of Jesus and under your protection.

    Your Holiness' most humble servant,

                                                                             PADRE PIO, Capuchin

    San Giovanni Rotondo, 12th September, 1968.
    Taken from:
    L'Osservatore Romano
    Weekly Edition in English
    10 October 1968, page 9

    L'Osservatore Romano is the newspaper of the Holy See.
    The Weekly Edition in English is published for the US by:

    The Cathedral Foundation
    L'Osservatore Romano English Edition
    320 Cathedral St.
    Baltimore, MD 21201
    Subscriptions: (410) 547-5315
    Fax: (410) 332-1069
    lormail@catholicreview.org

    Provided Courtesy of:
    Eternal Word Television Network


    Not a sedevacantist. But:

    Padre Pio died in 1968. In 1968, sedevacantism was just Francis Schukardt and his little boondocks, legalistic chapel. It wasn't until the Nine in Ecône where it became a bigger thing.

    Someone like St. Pio would not have thought of that. To pretty much all but 4 people on Earth in 1968, being anything other than faithful to the Holy See is unthinkable.
    Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary...

    Offline Matto

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6012
    • Reputation: +3312/-197
    • Gender: Male
    • Love God and Play, Do Good Work and Pray
      • Julian Moore
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 05:58:56 PM »
  • Thanks!1
  • No Thanks!0
  • I wonder how much Padre Pio knew about Vatican II. Did he ever read the documents?
    I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

    Offline songbird

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 3771
    • Reputation: +1368/-168
    • Gender: Female
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 06:04:17 PM »
  • Thanks!2
  • No Thanks!0
  • Padre Pio never said the New Order mess.


    Offline JezusDeKoning

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2940
    • Reputation: +1083/-2217
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 06:34:36 PM »
  • Thanks!1
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: songbird
    Padre Pio never said the New Order mess.


    Again, he died in 1968. There was an interesting mix that happened between 1965-1969 where you had the altar facing the people but it was still sort of the Latin Mass. The Novus Ordo Mass didn't happen until Advent 1969.
    Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary...

    Offline MyrnaM

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6019
    • Reputation: +3488/-329
    • Gender: Female
      • Myforever.blog/blog
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 08:07:19 PM »
  • Thanks!2
  • No Thanks!0
  • All these letters, quotes and photos, are all exaggerated, photoshopped, and altered, changing definitions to fit the New Church, the New religion where one size fits all.  


    Offline JezusDeKoning

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2940
    • Reputation: +1083/-2217
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 08:39:08 PM »
  • Thanks!1
  • No Thanks!1
  • Quote from: JezusDeKoning
    Quote from: Geremia
    letter from padre pio


    Not a sedevacantist. But:

    Padre Pio died in 1968. In 1968, sedevacantism was just Francis Schukardt and his little boondocks, legalistic chapel. It wasn't until the Nine in Ecône where it became a bigger thing.

    Someone like St. Pio would not have thought of that. To pretty much all but 4 people on Earth in 1968, being anything other than faithful to the Holy See is unthinkable.


    OK, who downvoted me? This is true. In 1968, sedevacantism was basically limited to Francis Schuckardt and his chapel - Brown, Chicoine, the very early CMRI and his other organization. I can't imagine Padre Pio ever thinking Paul VI was invalid because the theory did not have much footing.
    Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary...


    Offline Geremia

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 3378
    • Reputation: +960/-198
    • Gender: Male
      • St. Isidore e-book library
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 08:46:57 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: JezusDeKoning
    In 1968, sedevacantism was basically limited to Francis Schuckardt and his chapel - Brown, Chicoine, the very early CMRI and his other organization.
    What about Fr. Joaquin Sáenz y Arriaga in Mexico? Was he that early in his promotion of sedevacantism?
    St. Isidore e-book library: https://isidore.co/calibre

    Offline JohnAnthonyMarie

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1297
    • Reputation: +603/-63
    • Gender: Male
      • TraditionalCatholic.net
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 12:36:09 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Archbishop Thuc was perhaps the earliest public critic of Giovanni Montini.
    Omnes pro Christo

    Offline Lover of Truth

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 8525
    • Reputation: +1094/-835
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 07:48:11 AM »
  • Thanks!3
  • No Thanks!0
  • No one had the hindsight in 1968 that we have now.  It took a while for people to realize that the purported head of the Church re-invented it from top to bottom because they kept the same building and mostly the same vestment and did not blow Satan's cover by coming out saying "I am a false Pope who is destroying the Church as will become even more clear during the next two years."  No?  
    "I receive Thee, redeeming Prince of my soul. Out of love for Thee have I studied, watched through many nights, and exerted myself: Thee did I preach and teach. I have never said aught against Thee. Nor do I persist stubbornly in my views. If I have ever expressed myself erroneously on this Sacrament, I submit to the judgement of the Holy Roman Church, in obedience of which I now part from this world." Saint Thomas Aquinas the greatest Doctor of the Church


    Offline MyrnaM

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6019
    • Reputation: +3488/-329
    • Gender: Female
      • Myforever.blog/blog
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 08:41:36 AM »
  • Thanks!2
  • No Thanks!1
  • Quote from: JezusDeKoning
    Quote from: JezusDeKoning
    Quote from: Geremia
    letter from padre pio


    Not a sedevacantist. But:

    Padre Pio died in 1968. In 1968, sedevacantism was just Francis Schukardt and his little boondocks, legalistic chapel. It wasn't until the Nine in Ecône where it became a bigger thing.

    Someone like St. Pio would not have thought of that. To pretty much all but 4 people on Earth in 1968, being anything other than faithful to the Holy See is unthinkable.


    OK, who downvoted me? This is true. In 1968, sedevacantism was basically limited to Francis Schuckardt and his chapel - Brown, Chicoine, the very early CMRI and his other organization. I can't imagine Padre Pio ever thinking Paul VI was invalid because the theory did not have much footing.


    Not me, I did not downvote you and to prove it, I just upvoted that reply of yours.  

    Many times on this forum I have gotten downvoted just because I spoke the truth, sometimes the truth hurts others, and you have to accept that.  

    Offline Lover of Truth

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 8525
    • Reputation: +1094/-835
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 08:46:24 AM »
  • Thanks!2
  • No Thanks!2
  • Quote from: JezusDeKoning
    Quote from: Geremia
    A LETTER FROM PADRE PIO TO POPE PAUL VI

    A short time before his death, Padre Pio, having In mind the Audience which the Chapter Members of his Order would have in the course of their General Chapter, wrote a letter to Pope Paul. In the letter he expressed his firm adherence to the Magisterium and its teachings, particularly mentioning the recent encyclical, "Humanae Vitae". Padre Pio also expressed his obedience, devotedness and filial sharing in the anxieties of His Holiness. The full text is as follows:

    Your Holiness:

    Availing myself of Your Holiness' meeting with the Capitular Fathers, I unite myself in spirit with my Brothers, and in a spirit of faith, love and obedience to the greatness of Him whom you represent on earth, offer my respectful homage to Your August Person, humbly kneeling at Your feet.

    The Capuchin Order has always been among the first in their love, fidelity and reverence for the Holy See. I pray the Lord that its members remain ever thus, continuing their tradition of seriousness and religious asceticism evangelical poverty, faithful observance of the Rule and Constitutions, renewing themselves in vigorous living and deep interior spirit—always ready, at the least gesture from Your Holiness, to go forward at once to assist the Church in her needs.

    I know that Your heart suffers much these days on account of the happenings in the Church: for peace in the world, for the great needs of its peoples; but above all, for the lack of obedience of some, even Catholics, to the lofty teachings which You, assisted by the Holy Spirit and in the name of God, have given us. I offer Your Holiness my daily prayers and sufferings, the insignificant but sincere offering of the least of your sons, asking the Lord to comfort you with His grace to continue along the direct yet often burdensome way—in defense of those eternal truths which can never change with the times.

    In the name of my spiritual sons and of the "Praying Groups" I thank Your Holiness for the clear and decisive words You have spoken in the recent encyclical, "Humanae Vitae", and I reaffirm my own faith and my unconditional obedience to Your inspired directives.

    May God grant truth to triumph, and, may pence be given to His Church, tranquility to the people of the earth, and health and prosperity to Your Holiness, so that when these disturbing clouds pass over, the Reign of God may triumph in all hearts, through the Apostolic Works of the Supreme Shepherd of all Christians.

    Prostrate at Your feet, I beg you to bless me, my Brothers in religion, my spiritual sons, the "Praying Groups", all the sick—that we may faithfully fulfill the good works done in the Name of Jesus and under your protection.

    Your Holiness' most humble servant,

                                                                             PADRE PIO, Capuchin

    San Giovanni Rotondo, 12th September, 1968.
    Taken from:
    L'Osservatore Romano
    Weekly Edition in English
    10 October 1968, page 9

    L'Osservatore Romano is the newspaper of the Holy See.
    The Weekly Edition in English is published for the US by:

    The Cathedral Foundation
    L'Osservatore Romano English Edition
    320 Cathedral St.
    Baltimore, MD 21201
    Subscriptions: (410) 547-5315
    Fax: (410) 332-1069
    lormail@catholicreview.org

    Provided Courtesy of:
    Eternal Word Television Network


    Not a sedevacantist. But:

    Padre Pio died in 1968. In 1968, sedevacantism was just Francis Schukardt and his little boondocks, legalistic chapel. It wasn't until the Nine in Ecône where it became a bigger thing.

    Someone like St. Pio would not have thought of that. To pretty much all but 4 people on Earth in 1968, being anything other than faithful to the Holy See is unthinkable.


    I just gave you an upthumb.  I don't like petty down-thumbs either regardless of what side of the issue it is.  I have gotten them for post quotes from encyclicals or theologians.
    "I receive Thee, redeeming Prince of my soul. Out of love for Thee have I studied, watched through many nights, and exerted myself: Thee did I preach and teach. I have never said aught against Thee. Nor do I persist stubbornly in my views. If I have ever expressed myself erroneously on this Sacrament, I submit to the judgement of the Holy Roman Church, in obedience of which I now part from this world." Saint Thomas Aquinas the greatest Doctor of the Church

    Offline RomanCatholic1953

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 7616
    • Reputation: +2539/-97
    • Gender: Male
    • I will not respond to any posts from Poche.
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 09:05:06 AM »
  • Thanks!2
  • No Thanks!0
  • In 1968 Protestant Preachers and Jewish Rabbis were already appearing as
    guests on the Pulpit in my Parish Church.  Heretical teachings were
    being taught as Catechism in the classrooms such as all are saved, No one
    goes to hell except for Nazi's and those that opposed the new way of
    doing things and its new teachings. Priests that seen to be very conservative
    in 1963 were teaching a new doctrines based on the teachings of Vatican 2.
    If you wanted to keep your faith you would have to leave your parish
    church, and withdraw your children from the Parochial School and join a
    small Traditional Catholic Group with a Priest that would not go along with
    the new ways.  

    Offline Lover of Truth

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 8525
    • Reputation: +1094/-835
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 09:09:11 AM »
  • Thanks!1
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: RomanCatholic1953
    In 1968 Protestant Preachers and Jewish Rabbis were already appearing as
    guests on the Pulpit in my Parish Church.  Heretical teachings were
    being taught as Catechism in the classrooms such as all are saved, No one
    goes to hell except for Nazi's and those that opposed the new way of
    doing things and its new teachings. Priests that seen to be very conservative
    in 1963 were teaching a new doctrines based on the teachings of Vatican 2.
    If you wanted to keep your faith you would have to leave your parish
    church, and withdraw your children from the Parochial School and join a
    small Traditional Catholic Group with a Priest that would not go along with
    the new ways.  


    Thank you for this insight which I am sure is true.  You could see this already in the catechisms and formerly sound theologians started teaching what they believed was still the Catholic Church taught in their V2 ecclesiology.  
    "I receive Thee, redeeming Prince of my soul. Out of love for Thee have I studied, watched through many nights, and exerted myself: Thee did I preach and teach. I have never said aught against Thee. Nor do I persist stubbornly in my views. If I have ever expressed myself erroneously on this Sacrament, I submit to the judgement of the Holy Roman Church, in obedience of which I now part from this world." Saint Thomas Aquinas the greatest Doctor of the Church


     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16