Author Topic: Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.  (Read 3952 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ladislaus

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 21854
  • Reputation: +12027/-6069
  • Gender: Male
Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 09:49:17 AM »
  • Thanks!5
  • No Thanks!0
  • Bottom line is that Padre Pio was not omniscient (there are many examples of this from his life ... where he was mistaken about something or didn't know something when asked).  He was also not a trained theologian.  Beyond his natural abilities, he only knew what God gave him to know and God did not wish to reveal to him the vacancy of the Holy See (if indeed it was vacant).  So this really means nothing at the end of the day.  At the same time, God took him before he would have been commanded to offer the NOM.

    Offline RomanCatholic1953

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 7616
    • Reputation: +2539/-97
    • Gender: Male
    • I will not respond to any posts from Poche.
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »
  • Thanks!1
  • No Thanks!0
  • I remember an article that I read from at that time conservative publication
    I believe it was the "The Wanderer" a Catholic weekly out of St. Paul, MN.
    After Padre Pio died. There was reports coming from England from children
    that he came down from Heaven and taught them catechism because
    even in the very late 1960's catechisms were becoming terrible
    throughout the English speaking world, not only in England.
    Also I heard when Padre Pio's coffin was opened. His body was not there.
    What we see today is just a waxed figure.


    Offline Lover of Truth

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 8525
    • Reputation: +1094/-835
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 10:14:52 AM »
  • Thanks!1
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: RomanCatholic1953
    I remember an article that I read from at that time conservative publication
    I believe it was the "The Wanderer" a Catholic weekly out of St. Paul, MN.
    After Padre Pio died. There was reports coming from England from children
    that he came down from Heaven and taught them catechism because
    even in the very late 1960's catechisms were becoming terrible
    throughout the English speaking world, not only in England.
    Also I heard when Padre Pio's coffin was opened. His body was not there.
    What we see today is just a waxed figure.


    Hmm.  Very interesting.  Thank you.  You lived through some serious stuff.  It seems you came through okay.
    "I receive Thee, redeeming Prince of my soul. Out of love for Thee have I studied, watched through many nights, and exerted myself: Thee did I preach and teach. I have never said aught against Thee. Nor do I persist stubbornly in my views. If I have ever expressed myself erroneously on this Sacrament, I submit to the judgement of the Holy Roman Church, in obedience of which I now part from this world." Saint Thomas Aquinas the greatest Doctor of the Church

    Offline Mark 79

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2087
    • Reputation: +1543/-344
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 10:24:22 AM »
  • Thanks!1
  • No Thanks!0
  • EWTN is as trustworthy a source as Ilya Ehrenburg.

    Offline Alexandria

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2674
    • Reputation: +481/-116
    • Gender: Female
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 11:58:15 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!1
  • Quote from: Lover of Truth
    Quote from: JezusDeKoning
    Quote from: Geremia
    A LETTER FROM PADRE PIO TO POPE PAUL VI

    A short time before his death, Padre Pio, having In mind the Audience which the Chapter Members of his Order would have in the course of their General Chapter, wrote a letter to Pope Paul. In the letter he expressed his firm adherence to the Magisterium and its teachings, particularly mentioning the recent encyclical, "Humanae Vitae". Padre Pio also expressed his obedience, devotedness and filial sharing in the anxieties of His Holiness. The full text is as follows:

    Your Holiness:

    Availing myself of Your Holiness' meeting with the Capitular Fathers, I unite myself in spirit with my Brothers, and in a spirit of faith, love and obedience to the greatness of Him whom you represent on earth, offer my respectful homage to Your August Person, humbly kneeling at Your feet.

    The Capuchin Order has always been among the first in their love, fidelity and reverence for the Holy See. I pray the Lord that its members remain ever thus, continuing their tradition of seriousness and religious asceticism evangelical poverty, faithful observance of the Rule and Constitutions, renewing themselves in vigorous living and deep interior spirit—always ready, at the least gesture from Your Holiness, to go forward at once to assist the Church in her needs.

    I know that Your heart suffers much these days on account of the happenings in the Church: for peace in the world, for the great needs of its peoples; but above all, for the lack of obedience of some, even Catholics, to the lofty teachings which You, assisted by the Holy Spirit and in the name of God, have given us. I offer Your Holiness my daily prayers and sufferings, the insignificant but sincere offering of the least of your sons, asking the Lord to comfort you with His grace to continue along the direct yet often burdensome way—in defense of those eternal truths which can never change with the times.

    In the name of my spiritual sons and of the "Praying Groups" I thank Your Holiness for the clear and decisive words You have spoken in the recent encyclical, "Humanae Vitae", and I reaffirm my own faith and my unconditional obedience to Your inspired directives.

    May God grant truth to triumph, and, may pence be given to His Church, tranquility to the people of the earth, and health and prosperity to Your Holiness, so that when these disturbing clouds pass over, the Reign of God may triumph in all hearts, through the Apostolic Works of the Supreme Shepherd of all Christians.

    Prostrate at Your feet, I beg you to bless me, my Brothers in religion, my spiritual sons, the "Praying Groups", all the sick—that we may faithfully fulfill the good works done in the Name of Jesus and under your protection.

    Your Holiness' most humble servant,

                                                                             PADRE PIO, Capuchin

    San Giovanni Rotondo, 12th September, 1968.
    Taken from:
    L'Osservatore Romano
    Weekly Edition in English
    10 October 1968, page 9

    L'Osservatore Romano is the newspaper of the Holy See.
    The Weekly Edition in English is published for the US by:

    The Cathedral Foundation
    L'Osservatore Romano English Edition
    320 Cathedral St.
    Baltimore, MD 21201
    Subscriptions: (410) 547-5315
    Fax: (410) 332-1069
    lormail@catholicreview.org

    Provided Courtesy of:
    Eternal Word Television Network


    Not a sedevacantist. But:

    Padre Pio died in 1968. In 1968, sedevacantism was just Francis Schukardt and his little boondocks, legalistic chapel. It wasn't until the Nine in Ecône where it became a bigger thing.

    Someone like St. Pio would not have thought of that. To pretty much all but 4 people on Earth in 1968, being anything other than faithful to the Holy See is unthinkable.


    I just gave you an upthumb.  I don't like petty down-thumbs either regardless of what side of the issue it is. I have gotten them for post quotes from encyclicals or theologians.


    Neither do I, and I'm sure that agreeing with you will earn me a few from our more mature  :rolleyes: members.

    Honestly, I asked the other day, and I will ask again:  how old are some of the folks here?  Are they mentally retarded?


    Offline roscoe

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 7251
    • Reputation: +484/-258
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 11:59:09 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: An even Seven
    Antipope Benedict XIII was recognized by St. Vincent Ferrer as the Pope for a while during the Great Western Schism.
    Even a great Saint does not know everything of what is going on at any given point.

    Quote
    Catholic Encyclopedia on St. Vincent Ferrer: "Vincent was one of the most resolute and faithful adherents of Benedict XIII, and by his word, sanctity, and miracles he did much to strengthen Benedict's position. It was not until 1416, when pressed by Ferdinand, King of Aragon, that he abandoned him. On 6 January, preaching at Perpignan, he declared anew to the vast throng gathered around his pulpit that Benedict XIII was the legitimate pope, but that, since he would not resign to bring peace to the Church, Ferdinand had withdrawn his states from the obedience of Avignon. This act must have caused Vincent much sorrow, for he was deeply attached to Benedict."


    Not that it's ever been suggested but only in my opinion, I would not be surprised if this letter was forged or at least not actually written by Padre Pio.


    Benedict XIII( as well as the rest of Fr popes during GWS) are Not anti-popes....  :fryingpan:
    There Is No Such Thing As 'Sede Vacantism'...
    nor is there such thing as a 'Feeneyite' or 'Feeneyism'

    Offline Alexandria

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2674
    • Reputation: +481/-116
    • Gender: Female
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 12:01:53 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: songbird
    Padre Pio never said the New Order mess.


    Because he died in September of 1968 and the new Mass wasn't promulgated until 1969, that's why.




    Offline Lover of Truth

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 8525
    • Reputation: +1094/-835
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 12:12:07 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!1
  • Quote from: Alexandria
    Quote from: Lover of Truth
    Quote from: JezusDeKoning
    Quote from: Geremia
    A LETTER FROM PADRE PIO TO POPE PAUL VI

    A short time before his death, Padre Pio, having In mind the Audience which the Chapter Members of his Order would have in the course of their General Chapter, wrote a letter to Pope Paul. In the letter he expressed his firm adherence to the Magisterium and its teachings, particularly mentioning the recent encyclical, "Humanae Vitae". Padre Pio also expressed his obedience, devotedness and filial sharing in the anxieties of His Holiness. The full text is as follows:

    Your Holiness:

    Availing myself of Your Holiness' meeting with the Capitular Fathers, I unite myself in spirit with my Brothers, and in a spirit of faith, love and obedience to the greatness of Him whom you represent on earth, offer my respectful homage to Your August Person, humbly kneeling at Your feet.

    The Capuchin Order has always been among the first in their love, fidelity and reverence for the Holy See. I pray the Lord that its members remain ever thus, continuing their tradition of seriousness and religious asceticism evangelical poverty, faithful observance of the Rule and Constitutions, renewing themselves in vigorous living and deep interior spirit—always ready, at the least gesture from Your Holiness, to go forward at once to assist the Church in her needs.

    I know that Your heart suffers much these days on account of the happenings in the Church: for peace in the world, for the great needs of its peoples; but above all, for the lack of obedience of some, even Catholics, to the lofty teachings which You, assisted by the Holy Spirit and in the name of God, have given us. I offer Your Holiness my daily prayers and sufferings, the insignificant but sincere offering of the least of your sons, asking the Lord to comfort you with His grace to continue along the direct yet often burdensome way—in defense of those eternal truths which can never change with the times.

    In the name of my spiritual sons and of the "Praying Groups" I thank Your Holiness for the clear and decisive words You have spoken in the recent encyclical, "Humanae Vitae", and I reaffirm my own faith and my unconditional obedience to Your inspired directives.

    May God grant truth to triumph, and, may pence be given to His Church, tranquility to the people of the earth, and health and prosperity to Your Holiness, so that when these disturbing clouds pass over, the Reign of God may triumph in all hearts, through the Apostolic Works of the Supreme Shepherd of all Christians.

    Prostrate at Your feet, I beg you to bless me, my Brothers in religion, my spiritual sons, the "Praying Groups", all the sick—that we may faithfully fulfill the good works done in the Name of Jesus and under your protection.

    Your Holiness' most humble servant,

                                                                             PADRE PIO, Capuchin

    San Giovanni Rotondo, 12th September, 1968.
    Taken from:
    L'Osservatore Romano
    Weekly Edition in English
    10 October 1968, page 9

    L'Osservatore Romano is the newspaper of the Holy See.
    The Weekly Edition in English is published for the US by:

    The Cathedral Foundation
    L'Osservatore Romano English Edition
    320 Cathedral St.
    Baltimore, MD 21201
    Subscriptions: (410) 547-5315
    Fax: (410) 332-1069
    lormail@catholicreview.org

    Provided Courtesy of:
    Eternal Word Television Network


    Not a sedevacantist. But:

    Padre Pio died in 1968. In 1968, sedevacantism was just Francis Schukardt and his little boondocks, legalistic chapel. It wasn't until the Nine in Ecône where it became a bigger thing.

    Someone like St. Pio would not have thought of that. To pretty much all but 4 people on Earth in 1968, being anything other than faithful to the Holy See is unthinkable.


    I just gave you an upthumb.  I don't like petty down-thumbs either regardless of what side of the issue it is. I have gotten them for post quotes from encyclicals or theologians.


    Neither do I, and I'm sure that agreeing with you will earn me a few from our more mature  :rolleyes: members.

    Honestly, I asked the other day, and I will ask again:  how old are some of the folks here?  Are they mentally retarded?


    You seem like a very pleasant lady.  Or at least you would if you were different.
    "I receive Thee, redeeming Prince of my soul. Out of love for Thee have I studied, watched through many nights, and exerted myself: Thee did I preach and teach. I have never said aught against Thee. Nor do I persist stubbornly in my views. If I have ever expressed myself erroneously on this Sacrament, I submit to the judgement of the Holy Roman Church, in obedience of which I now part from this world." Saint Thomas Aquinas the greatest Doctor of the Church


    Offline Lover of Truth

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 8525
    • Reputation: +1094/-835
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 12:13:57 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: roscoe
    Quote from: An even Seven
    Antipope Benedict XIII was recognized by St. Vincent Ferrer as the Pope for a while during the Great Western Schism.
    Even a great Saint does not know everything of what is going on at any given point.

    Quote
    Catholic Encyclopedia on St. Vincent Ferrer: "Vincent was one of the most resolute and faithful adherents of Benedict XIII, and by his word, sanctity, and miracles he did much to strengthen Benedict's position. It was not until 1416, when pressed by Ferdinand, King of Aragon, that he abandoned him. On 6 January, preaching at Perpignan, he declared anew to the vast throng gathered around his pulpit that Benedict XIII was the legitimate pope, but that, since he would not resign to bring peace to the Church, Ferdinand had withdrawn his states from the obedience of Avignon. This act must have caused Vincent much sorrow, for he was deeply attached to Benedict."


    Not that it's ever been suggested but only in my opinion, I would not be surprised if this letter was forged or at least not actually written by Padre Pio.


    Benedict XIII( as well as the rest of Fr popes during GWS) are Not anti-popes....  :fryingpan:


    Technically they are "false-Popes" i.e. not Popes at all as "anti-Popes" exist in the face of real Popes.  

    "I receive Thee, redeeming Prince of my soul. Out of love for Thee have I studied, watched through many nights, and exerted myself: Thee did I preach and teach. I have never said aught against Thee. Nor do I persist stubbornly in my views. If I have ever expressed myself erroneously on this Sacrament, I submit to the judgement of the Holy Roman Church, in obedience of which I now part from this world." Saint Thomas Aquinas the greatest Doctor of the Church

    Offline Alexandria

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2674
    • Reputation: +481/-116
    • Gender: Female
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 01:10:33 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Lover of Truth
    Quote from: Alexandria
    Quote from: Lover of Truth
    Quote from: JezusDeKoning
    Quote from: Geremia
    A LETTER FROM PADRE PIO TO POPE PAUL VI

    A short time before his death, Padre Pio, having In mind the Audience which the Chapter Members of his Order would have in the course of their General Chapter, wrote a letter to Pope Paul. In the letter he expressed his firm adherence to the Magisterium and its teachings, particularly mentioning the recent encyclical, "Humanae Vitae". Padre Pio also expressed his obedience, devotedness and filial sharing in the anxieties of His Holiness. The full text is as follows:

    Your Holiness:

    Availing myself of Your Holiness' meeting with the Capitular Fathers, I unite myself in spirit with my Brothers, and in a spirit of faith, love and obedience to the greatness of Him whom you represent on earth, offer my respectful homage to Your August Person, humbly kneeling at Your feet.

    The Capuchin Order has always been among the first in their love, fidelity and reverence for the Holy See. I pray the Lord that its members remain ever thus, continuing their tradition of seriousness and religious asceticism evangelical poverty, faithful observance of the Rule and Constitutions, renewing themselves in vigorous living and deep interior spirit—always ready, at the least gesture from Your Holiness, to go forward at once to assist the Church in her needs.

    I know that Your heart suffers much these days on account of the happenings in the Church: for peace in the world, for the great needs of its peoples; but above all, for the lack of obedience of some, even Catholics, to the lofty teachings which You, assisted by the Holy Spirit and in the name of God, have given us. I offer Your Holiness my daily prayers and sufferings, the insignificant but sincere offering of the least of your sons, asking the Lord to comfort you with His grace to continue along the direct yet often burdensome way—in defense of those eternal truths which can never change with the times.

    In the name of my spiritual sons and of the "Praying Groups" I thank Your Holiness for the clear and decisive words You have spoken in the recent encyclical, "Humanae Vitae", and I reaffirm my own faith and my unconditional obedience to Your inspired directives.

    May God grant truth to triumph, and, may pence be given to His Church, tranquility to the people of the earth, and health and prosperity to Your Holiness, so that when these disturbing clouds pass over, the Reign of God may triumph in all hearts, through the Apostolic Works of the Supreme Shepherd of all Christians.

    Prostrate at Your feet, I beg you to bless me, my Brothers in religion, my spiritual sons, the "Praying Groups", all the sick—that we may faithfully fulfill the good works done in the Name of Jesus and under your protection.

    Your Holiness' most humble servant,

                                                                             PADRE PIO, Capuchin

    San Giovanni Rotondo, 12th September, 1968.
    Taken from:
    L'Osservatore Romano
    Weekly Edition in English
    10 October 1968, page 9

    L'Osservatore Romano is the newspaper of the Holy See.
    The Weekly Edition in English is published for the US by:

    The Cathedral Foundation
    L'Osservatore Romano English Edition
    320 Cathedral St.
    Baltimore, MD 21201
    Subscriptions: (410) 547-5315
    Fax: (410) 332-1069
    lormail@catholicreview.org

    Provided Courtesy of:
    Eternal Word Television Network


    Not a sedevacantist. But:

    Padre Pio died in 1968. In 1968, sedevacantism was just Francis Schukardt and his little boondocks, legalistic chapel. It wasn't until the Nine in Ecône where it became a bigger thing.

    Someone like St. Pio would not have thought of that. To pretty much all but 4 people on Earth in 1968, being anything other than faithful to the Holy See is unthinkable.


    I just gave you an upthumb.  I don't like petty down-thumbs either regardless of what side of the issue it is. I have gotten them for post quotes from encyclicals or theologians.


    Neither do I, and I'm sure that agreeing with you will earn me a few from our more mature  :rolleyes: members.

    Honestly, I asked the other day, and I will ask again:  how old are some of the folks here?  Are they mentally retarded?


    You seem like a very pleasant lady.  Or at least you would if you were different.


    Huh?

    Offline Lover of Truth

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 8525
    • Reputation: +1094/-835
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #25 on: July 25, 2016, 01:24:46 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote
    Huh?


    It was a joke.  You seem rather knowledgeable and charitable which is refreshing compared to some few who are less so.  
    "I receive Thee, redeeming Prince of my soul. Out of love for Thee have I studied, watched through many nights, and exerted myself: Thee did I preach and teach. I have never said aught against Thee. Nor do I persist stubbornly in my views. If I have ever expressed myself erroneously on this Sacrament, I submit to the judgement of the Holy Roman Church, in obedience of which I now part from this world." Saint Thomas Aquinas the greatest Doctor of the Church


    Offline Disputaciones

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1452
    • Reputation: +393/-165
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 01:25:32 PM »
  • Thanks!2
  • No Thanks!2
  • Quote from: Alexandria
    Are they mentally retarded?


    I've asked myself the same thing.

    Offline Amakusa

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 206
    • Reputation: +57/-76
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #27 on: July 25, 2016, 01:29:27 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!4
  • Padre Pio wrote this letter because he knew that Paul VI was to become the Martyr Pope of the end times and one of the greatest saints of the New Covenant.

    https://gloria.tv/text/QuVfDe6RARabLo4cR4pUgZ8hr


    Offline Lover of Truth

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 8525
    • Reputation: +1094/-835
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!1
  • Quote from: Amakusa
    Padre Pio wrote this letter because he knew that Paul VI was to become the Martyr Pope of the end times and one of the greatest saints of the New Covenant.

    https://gloria.tv/text/QuVfDe6RARabLo4cR4pUgZ8hr



    You must be a troll.  That is blasphemy.  
    "I receive Thee, redeeming Prince of my soul. Out of love for Thee have I studied, watched through many nights, and exerted myself: Thee did I preach and teach. I have never said aught against Thee. Nor do I persist stubbornly in my views. If I have ever expressed myself erroneously on this Sacrament, I submit to the judgement of the Holy Roman Church, in obedience of which I now part from this world." Saint Thomas Aquinas the greatest Doctor of the Church

    Online Pax Vobis

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 5847
    • Reputation: +3347/-1460
    • Gender: Male
    Padre Pio accepted Paul VI as a valid pope.
    « Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 01:39:19 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!1
  • St Padre Pio's opinion on who is or isn't pope is irrelevant, as he is not infallible.  Just as our opinions are also irrelevant.  What IS relevant is that these popes hold the papal office, whether we like it or not.  They are NOT good popes, as anyone can see.  So, whether the post V2 guys are/were popes is irrelevant because a bad leader has the same effect (or worse) as no leader.  


     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16