Author Topic: GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR  (Read 5649 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Alexandria

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2613
  • Reputation: +443/-103
  • Gender: Female
GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
« on: November 10, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • This was sent to me by e-mail earlier today, but I have taken what I am posting below from Gerry's website.  These are some of the, for lack of a better term, "good fruits" which resulted from his recent speaking tour:

    Quote
    ● In every city where I spoke people saw the logic of the "consistent Catholic" position -- once it's clearly, patiently, charitably explained and all objections to it are answered. By God's grace many as a result have already broken or are in the process of breaking free from the counterfeit Catholicism of both "the left" (i.e., the Vatican II establishment) and "the right" (the unauthorized clergy and chapels of the "traditionalist movement"). I have already received phone calls, emails, and letters from people who attended my talk who have very kindly described it as a turning point in their lives. I will be sharing some of their stories, with their permission, in coming weeks.

    ● A top seminarian -- a brilliant and exceptionally gifted young man -- in his final (7th) year of preparing for the priesthood at an SSPX seminary, with whom I spent an afternoon at a stop on my trip, pointing out to him the hopelessly inconsistent and indeed illegitimate nature of the SSPX, has left the seminary and returned home, apparently sending a few shock waves through the SSPX seminary community and beyond.

    ● Other SSPX loyalists I met on the trip have begun to reconsider the Society in the light of the Church's perennial teaching, as have former supporters of the CMRI, of the SSPV, and of other traditionalist clerics. (See below.)

    ● While in the Twin Cities in Minnesota I was able to have a private dinner (in his home) and hours of insightful conversation with Dale Ahlquist, president of the American Chesterton Society, author of G.K. Chesterton: The Apostle of Common Sense (and host of the EWTN television series by the same name, now in its fifth season), and a truly gracious host. I believe the evening may well have provided me with a missing puzzle piece to the mid-boggling mystery of what's been going on in the Church over the last 50 years - a mystery which would, I believe, have taxed even the deductive powers of the great Father Brown, let alone our lowly gray cells. (More on this later. I hasten to add, out of fairness to Mr. Ahlquist, that his hospitality towards me should in no way be construed as an endorsement by him of my rad-trad, recusant Catholic stance. Think of it rather as akin to Our Lord's willingness to eat with tax collectors and sinners -- though I'm sure it never entered Mr. Ahlquist's humble head to see himself as doing anything so magnanimous as that.)

    ● The following morning I met with Michael Matt, editor of The Remnant; Mike is a former student of mine (at Christendom College in the 1980's) and a former colleague for many years at Remnant conferences and on the annual Chartres pilgrimages. For two and a half hours over coffee we had a friendly, honest, in-depth discussion of our different perspectives on the Second Vatican Council, the New Mass, and Benedict XVI. As a result Michael is working to arrange a debate on these issues between myself and a champion of the opposing position -- possibly author John Salza -- to be sponsored, perhaps, by the the Twin Cities' "Argument of the Month" Club, which typically draws an audience of several hundreds. My suspicion is that on this topic attendance will easily exceed a thousand, with people coming from as far away as both coasts. A similar debate, with a similarly well-known "name," and likely to draw an equally large crowd, is being discussed for Cincinnati.

    ● The talk I gave in every city on this tour, "Deadline 2012: Decoding the New World Order's Hidden Agenda," was unexpectedly videotaped by third parties in two different cities on this trip, was uploaded to YouTube by one videographer in Oregon, and is being serialized by another videographer on cable TV in Nebraska.

    ● I was able to have some long conversations, explaining how and why I'd come to my concerns regarding the revolutionary nature of Vatican II, with two well-known Novus Ordo apologists at this year's "Deep In History" conference in Columbus, Ohio (put on annually by the Coming Home Network, which specializes in helping Protestant clergy convert to Catholicism): Marcus Grodi, founder and president of the Coming Home Network and host of EWTN's television series on the same theme, "The Journey Home," and Patrick Madrid, another EWTN TV personality, speaker, author of several apologetics books, and editor of Envoy magazine. I also had briefer conversations with other speakers and attendees.

    ● The tour ended on a bang at my final talk on October 25 in Cincinnati. So many people showed up that every seat was filled, people had to stand in the rear of the room and out in the hotel hallway, and we had to set up additional chairs in the adjoining breakfast area and open up a side door through which those sitting in the overflow area could listen. Many of the dozens who came were congregants or former congregants of the various traditional chapels in Cincinnati, as well as a smattering of Novus Ordo Catholics and stay-at-home Catholics (modern-day recusants whose Catholic principles prevent their attending either the "New Mass" at the local parish or the unauthorized traditional Masses at traditionalist chapels, which they believe to be as illegitimate as the former). Some came from the neighboring states of Kentucky and Indiana -- some of these driving as far as 9 hours round-trip to get to the talk -- and one couple actually drove all the way up from Florida (2000 miles round-trip), since this was advertised as my last lecture tour in the US and Ohio was as close to Florida as I would be getting! (I had already taken my megatour around the entire state of Florida in 2008.) The Q & A session actually went on until past 2 am, and afterwards some continued the conversation with me at the all-night Waffle House restaurant down the street until 5 am. Several of those attending have begun to see the problems with the traditionalist movement's lack of mission and jurisdiction, which is the one topic that occupied nearly the entirety of the almost 5-hour-long Q & A session.

    Offline Caminus

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 3015
    • Reputation: +1/-0
    • Gender: Male
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 05:28:18 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I sent him a letter challenging him to debate.  I dunno, since I'm not a "name" I might not get a response (it's that 'sensation' thing).  


    Offline MyrnaM

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6013
    • Reputation: +3480/-328
    • Gender: Female
      • Myforever.blog/blog
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 06:37:33 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Your a name with us, and we will all be cheering for you.   :rahrah:

    Keep us posted.  

    Offline St Jude Thaddeus

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 853
    • Reputation: +181/-23
    • Gender: Male
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 07:03:57 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote
    A top seminarian -- a brilliant and exceptionally gifted young man -- in his final (7th) year of preparing for the priesthood at an SSPX seminary, with whom I spent an afternoon at a stop on my trip, pointing out to him the hopelessly inconsistent and indeed illegitimate nature of the SSPX, has left the seminary and returned home, apparently sending a few shock waves through the SSPX seminary community and beyond.


     :really-mad2:

    Quote
    Other SSPX loyalists I met on the trip have begun to reconsider the Society in the light of the Church's perennial teaching, as have former supporters of the CMRI, of the SSPV, and of other traditionalist clerics. (See below.)


     :really-mad2:  :really-mad2:

    Quote
    While in the Twin Cities in Minnesota I was able to have a private dinner (in his home) and hours of insightful conversation with Dale Ahlquist, president of the American Chesterton Society, author of G.K. Chesterton: The Apostle of Common Sense (and host of the EWTN television series by the same name, now in its fifth season), and a truly gracious host. I believe the evening may well have provided me with a missing puzzle piece to the mid-boggling mystery of what's been going on in the Church over the last 50 years - a mystery which would, I believe, have taxed even the deductive powers of the great Father Brown, let alone our lowly gray cells. (More on this later. I hasten to add, out of fairness to Mr. Ahlquist, that his hospitality towards me should in no way be construed as an endorsement by him of my rad-trad, recusant Catholic stance. Think of it rather as akin to Our Lord's willingness to eat with tax collectors and sinners -- though I'm sure it never entered Mr. Ahlquist's humble head to see himself as doing anything so magnanimous as that.)


    Ooooh! Dinner with Mr. Alquist!  :dancing-banana:

    So what's this "missing piece" of the puzzle? Shouldn't he be revealing it now, if it's so groundbreaking? After all, our salvation hangs in the balance!

     :really-mad2:  :really-mad2:  :really-mad2:

    St. Jude, who, disregarding the threats of the impious, courageously preached the doctrine of Christ,
    pray for us.

    Offline St Jude Thaddeus

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 853
    • Reputation: +181/-23
    • Gender: Male
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 07:22:41 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote
    While in the Twin Cities in Minnesota I was able to have a private dinner (in his home) and hours of insightful conversation with Dale Ahlquist, president of the American Chesterton Society, author of G.K. Chesterton: The Apostle of Common Sense (and host of the EWTN television series by the same name, now in its fifth season), and a truly gracious host. I believe the evening may well have provided me with a missing puzzle piece to the mid-boggling mystery of what's been going on in the Church over the last 50 years - a mystery which would, I believe, have taxed even the deductive powers of the great Father Brown, let alone our lowly gray cells. (More on this later. I hasten to add, out of fairness to Mr. Ahlquist, that his hospitality towards me should in no way be construed as an endorsement by him of my rad-trad, recusant Catholic stance. Think of it rather as akin to Our Lord's willingness to eat with tax collectors and sinners -- though I'm sure it never entered Mr. Ahlquist's humble head to see himself as doing anything so magnanimous as that.)


    Oh, the humility!

    Quote
    The following morning I met with Michael Matt, editor of The Remnant; Mike is a former student of mine (at Christendom College in the 1980's) and a former colleague for many years at Remnant conferences and on the annual Chartres pilgrimages. For two and a half hours over coffee we had a friendly, honest, in-depth discussion of our different perspectives on the Second Vatican Council, the New Mass, and Benedict XVI. As a result Michael is working to arrange a debate on these issues between myself and a champion of the opposing position -- possibly author John Salza -- to be sponsored, perhaps, by the the Twin Cities' "Argument of the Month" Club, which typically draws an audience of several hundreds. My suspicion is that on this topic attendance will easily exceed a thousand, with people coming from as far away as both coasts. A similar debate, with a similarly well-known "name," and likely to draw an equally large crowd, is being discussed for Cincinnati.


    Ooooh! A couple of Protestants debating the crisis in the Church! How exciting!


    Quote
    I was able to have some long conversations, explaining how and why I'd come to my concerns regarding the revolutionary nature of Vatican II, with two well-known Novus Ordo apologists at this year's "Deep In History" conference in Columbus, Ohio (put on annually by the Coming Home Network, which specializes in helping Protestant clergy convert to Catholicism): Marcus Grodi, founder and president of the Coming Home Network and host of EWTN's television series on the same theme, "The Journey Home," and Patrick Madrid, another EWTN TV personality, speaker, author of several apologetics books, and editor of Envoy magazine. I also had briefer conversations with other speakers and attendees.


    What a priviledge it must be to keep company with so many great men!

    Quote
    The tour ended on a bang at my final talk on October 25 in Cincinnati. So many people showed up that every seat was filled, people had to stand in the rear of the room and out in the hotel hallway, and we had to set up additional chairs in the adjoining breakfast area and open up a side door through which those sitting in the overflow area could listen. Many of the dozens who came were congregants or former congregants of the various traditional chapels in Cincinnati, as well as a smattering of Novus Ordo Catholics and stay-at-home Catholics (modern-day recusants whose Catholic principles prevent their attending either the "New Mass" at the local parish or the unauthorized traditional Masses at traditionalist chapels, which they believe to be as illegitimate as the former). Some came from the neighboring states of Kentucky and Indiana -- some of these driving as far as 9 hours round-trip to get to the talk -- and one couple actually drove all the way up from Florida (2000 miles round-trip), since this was advertised as my last lecture tour in the US and Ohio was as close to Florida as I would be getting! (I had already taken my megatour around the entire state of Florida in 2008.) The Q & A session actually went on until past 2 am, and afterwards some continued the conversation with me at the all-night Waffle House restaurant down the street until 5 am. Several of those attending have begun to see the problems with the traditionalist movement's lack of mission and jurisdiction, which is the one topic that occupied nearly the entirety of the almost 5-hour-long Q & A session.


    Wow! I can't wait for more news from the World's Back-Patting-Self Champion!

    Go get him, Caminus!  :dwarf:
    St. Jude, who, disregarding the threats of the impious, courageously preached the doctrine of Christ,
    pray for us.


    Offline Alexandria

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2613
    • Reputation: +443/-103
    • Gender: Female
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 08:00:57 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote
    Ooooh! Dinner with Mr. Alquist!  

    So what's this "missing piece" of the puzzle? Shouldn't he be revealing it now, if it's so groundbreaking? After all, our salvation hangs in the balance!


    No doubt, St. Jude, this will cost you money to find out.  If our salvation truly did hang in the balance on this missing link, he should give the info away for free.

    Offline Emerentiana

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1420
    • Reputation: +1194/-17
    • Gender: Female
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 08:08:43 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Alexandria
    This was sent to me by e-mail earlier today, but I have taken what I am posting below from Gerry's website.  These are some of the, for lack of a better term, "good fruits" which resulted from his recent speaking tour:

    Quote
    ● In every city where I spoke people saw the logic of the "consistent Catholic" position -- once it's clearly, patiently, charitably explained and all objections to it are answered. By God's grace many as a result have already broken or are in the process of breaking free from the counterfeit Catholicism of both "the left" (i.e., the Vatican II establishment) and "the right" (the unauthorized clergy and chapels of the "traditionalist movement"). I have already received phone calls, emails, and letters from people who attended my talk who have very kindly described it as a turning point in their lives. I will be sharing some of their stories, with their permission, in coming weeks.

    ● A top seminarian -- a brilliant and exceptionally gifted young man -- in his final (7th) year of preparing for the priesthood at an SSPX seminary, with whom I spent an afternoon at a stop on my trip, pointing out to him the hopelessly inconsistent and indeed illegitimate nature of the SSPX, has left the seminary and returned home, apparently sending a few shock waves through the SSPX seminary community and beyond.

    ● Other SSPX loyalists I met on the trip have begun to reconsider the Society in the light of the Church's perennial teaching, as have former supporters of the CMRI, of the SSPV, and of other traditionalist clerics. (See below.)

    ● While in the Twin Cities in Minnesota I was able to have a private dinner (in his home) and hours of insightful conversation with Dale Ahlquist, president of the American Chesterton Society, author of G.K. Chesterton: The Apostle of Common Sense (and host of the EWTN television series by the same name, now in its fifth season), and a truly gracious host. I believe the evening may well have provided me with a missing puzzle piece to the mid-boggling mystery of what's been going on in the Church over the last 50 years - a mystery which would, I believe, have taxed even the deductive powers of the great Father Brown, let alone our lowly gray cells. (More on this later. I hasten to add, out of fairness to Mr. Ahlquist, that his hospitality towards me should in no way be construed as an endorsement by him of my rad-trad, recusant Catholic stance. Think of it rather as akin to Our Lord's willingness to eat with tax collectors and sinners -- though I'm sure it never entered Mr. Ahlquist's humble head to see himself as doing anything so magnanimous as that.)

    ● The following morning I met with Michael Matt, editor of The Remnant; Mike is a former student of mine (at Christendom College in the 1980's) and a former colleague for many years at Remnant conferences and on the annual Chartres pilgrimages. For two and a half hours over coffee we had a friendly, honest, in-depth discussion of our different perspectives on the Second Vatican Council, the New Mass, and Benedict XVI. As a result Michael is working to arrange a debate on these issues between myself and a champion of the opposing position -- possibly author John Salza -- to be sponsored, perhaps, by the the Twin Cities' "Argument of the Month" Club, which typically draws an audience of several hundreds. My suspicion is that on this topic attendance will easily exceed a thousand, with people coming from as far away as both coasts. A similar debate, with a similarly well-known "name," and likely to draw an equally large crowd, is being discussed for Cincinnati.

    ● The talk I gave in every city on this tour, "Deadline 2012: Decoding the New World Order's Hidden Agenda," was unexpectedly videotaped by third parties in two different cities on this trip, was uploaded to YouTube by one videographer in Oregon, and is being serialized by another videographer on cable TV in Nebraska.

    ● I was able to have some long conversations, explaining how and why I'd come to my concerns regarding the revolutionary nature of Vatican II, with two well-known Novus Ordo apologists at this year's "Deep In History" conference in Columbus, Ohio (put on annually by the Coming Home Network, which specializes in helping Protestant clergy convert to Catholicism): Marcus Grodi, founder and president of the Coming Home Network and host of EWTN's television series on the same theme, "The Journey Home," and Patrick Madrid, another EWTN TV personality, speaker, author of several apologetics books, and editor of Envoy magazine. I also had briefer conversations with other speakers and attendees.

    ● The tour ended on a bang at my final talk on October 25 in Cincinnati. So many people showed up that every seat was filled, people had to stand in the rear of the room and out in the hotel hallway, and we had to set up additional chairs in the adjoining breakfast area and open up a side door through which those sitting in the overflow area could listen. Many of the dozens who came were congregants or former congregants of the various traditional chapels in Cincinnati, as well as a smattering of Novus Ordo Catholics and stay-at-home Catholics (modern-day recusants whose Catholic principles prevent their attending either the "New Mass" at the local parish or the unauthorized traditional Masses at traditionalist chapels, which they believe to be as illegitimate as the former). Some came from the neighboring states of Kentucky and Indiana -- some of these driving as far as 9 hours round-trip to get to the talk -- and one couple actually drove all the way up from Florida (2000 miles round-trip), since this was advertised as my last lecture tour in the US and Ohio was as close to Florida as I would be getting! (I had already taken my megatour around the entire state of Florida in 2008.) The Q & A session actually went on until past 2 am, and afterwards some continued the conversation with me at the all-night Waffle House restaurant down the street until 5 am. Several of those attending have begun to see the problems with the traditionalist movement's lack of mission and jurisdiction, which is the one topic that occupied nearly the entirety of the almost 5-hour-long Q & A session.


    Gerry is a very powerful speaker, and can influence people.  However hes a mixed up man, and does not put himself under any authority.  Now here is a man without a Mission!  No priest or  Bishop has sent him!
    We are all to believe that the church is dead......no priests or Bishops!  Christ has  gone back on his promise.
    He who does not gather with me......scatters"  
    Must have been a lot of money taken in to his coffers this sensational trip!
    BTW, the SSPX seminarian is under obedience to his superiors.  How much ya wanna bet he got no permission to attend the talk!   I cant imagine any SSPX superior giving permission to any seminarian to attend Mattatic's talks! :argue:

    Offline Caraffa

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 836
    • Reputation: +475/-13
    • Gender: Male
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote
    A top seminarian -- a brilliant and exceptionally gifted young man -- in his final (7th) year of preparing for the priesthood at an SSPX seminary, with whom I spent an afternoon at a stop on my trip, pointing out to him the hopelessly inconsistent and indeed illegitimate nature of the SSPX, has left the seminary and returned home, apparently sending a few shock waves through the SSPX seminary community and beyond.


    That's evil.
     
    Quote from: St Jude Thaddeus
    Quote
    While in the Twin Cities in Minnesota I was able to have a private dinner (in his home) and hours of insightful conversation with Dale Ahlquist, president of the American Chesterton Society, author of G.K. Chesterton: The Apostle of Common Sense (and host of the EWTN television series by the same name, now in its fifth season), and a truly gracious host. I believe the evening may well have provided me with a missing puzzle piece to the mid-boggling mystery of what's been going on in the Church over the last 50 years - a mystery which would, I believe, have taxed even the deductive powers of the great Father Brown, let alone our lowly gray cells. (More on this later. I hasten to add, out of fairness to Mr. Ahlquist, that his hospitality towards me should in no way be construed as an endorsement by him of my rad-trad, recusant Catholic stance. Think of it rather as akin to Our Lord's willingness to eat with tax collectors and sinners -- though I'm sure it never entered Mr. Ahlquist's humble head to see himself as doing anything so magnanimous as that.)


    Ooooh! Dinner with Mr. Alquist!  :dancing-banana:

    So what's this "missing piece" of the puzzle? Shouldn't he be revealing it now, if it's so groundbreaking? After all, our salvation hangs in the balance!

     :really-mad2:  :really-mad2:  :really-mad2:



    Is it me or does Matatics strike anyone else as a modern day Super-apostle?
    Pray for me, always.


    Offline Caraffa

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 836
    • Reputation: +475/-13
    • Gender: Male
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 08:25:24 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Caminus
    I sent him a letter challenging him to debate.  I dunno, since I'm not a "name" I might not get a response (it's that 'sensation' thing).  


    I don't think that Matatics is a "big name" by any means. Most of the Protestants that he used to debate years ago, won't debate him because they find him a bit over the top.
    Pray for me, always.

    Offline Telesphorus

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 12714
    • Reputation: +7/-12
    • Gender: Male
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 08:28:31 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote
    That's evil.


    Maybe so but doesn't the SSPX lose a lot of priests?  I've never seen a good explanation for the sheer numbers of disaffected.

    Offline Roman Catholic

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2679
    • Reputation: +396/-0
    • Gender: Male
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 08:31:21 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Alexandria
    Quote
    Ooooh! Dinner with Mr. Alquist!  

    So what's this "missing piece" of the puzzle? Shouldn't he be revealing it now, if it's so groundbreaking? After all, our salvation hangs in the balance!


    No doubt, St. Jude, this will cost you money to find out.  If our salvation truly did hang in the balance on this missing link, he should give the info away for free.


    Maybe if you $end $ome $$$ you will be one of the $pecial one$ who find$ out the $coop.

    Here is the re$t of Gerry'$ me$$age that was not in the OP..



    So I'm deeply grateful to my friend whose generous loan made this entire trip possible. Without that loan, none of the above would have taken place.


    For my part, I gladly undertook this exhausting ordeal of a trip (driving over 7000 miles through 17 states to speak in 30 cities in 30 days, often driving 8 or more hours a day, sometimes driving all night as well) because I think our country has a very limited time to repent and embrace the true Faith or quite literally perish. My study and preparations, my time and energy, my labors on the trip, the physical punishment the stresses of the trip entailed, my month-long separation from the rest of my family -- all these I gladly sacrificed to Almighty God out of love for Him, love for our Holy Mother Church, and love for the life-changing Catholic Faith.


    I pinched every possible penny, often eating only one meal a day, getting discounted hotel rooms for as little as $59.95, saving some additional bucks by not even getting a sleeping room some evenings after my talk but simply driving through the night to the next city, bargaining hard with each hotel to get the meeting space as cheaply as possible. Several hotels let me have their meeting room for free, most charged in the $50-$75 price range, the hotel in Cincinnati charged $175 ($25 an hour, which seemed like a good deal until the Q & A session went to 2 am!). But the gas and tolls came to nearly $1000, the postage to mail out fliers cost another $1000, and there were other necessary miscellaneous expenses (two 3,000-mile oil changes & check-ups for my car, a new tire, etc.). All those trip expenses added up to a total cost of over $10,000, which was about what I'd estimated before I set out. (Long experience has shown me that each day on such a trip averages a bit over $300 in its various expenses.)


    More significantly, however, the trip's expenses were more than double its income, i.e., what I made in book & CD sales and donations, leaving me with a nearly $6000 shortfall. That made my friend's loan doubly appreciated, but also makes repaying it an interesting challenge.
     

    I cannot leave my friend holding the bag for his sacrificial loan. So I offer the following proposals:


    1) If you can make an after-the-fact donation towards this trip of $100 to help me close the deficit gap between the trip's expenses and income so as to be able to repay my friend, I will send you a 2-CD recording of my "Deadline 2012: Decoding the New World Order's Hidden Agenda" talk before it becomes available to the general public, plus a copy of Fr. Dennis Fahey's crucial book The Kingship of Christ and Organized Naturalism, which just came back into print as I was leaving on my trip, enabling me to sell it at every location where I gave my talk. In my estimation this book is the single most important book ever written on the current economic, political, cultural, and spiritual crisis engulfing our world today. If you have not read any of Fr. Fahey's books, the general consensus among students of his work is that this volume is the very best introduction to his thought; if you read only one book by him, this should be it. (To put my money where my mouth is, I am currently reading this book out loud to my family during our daily family prayer and study time, a few pages each day.)


    2) If you can donate $200, I'll send you not only the 2-CD set and Fr. Fahey's book but also copies of two additional books crucial for understanding the New World Order's history, methods, agenda, and real identity: The Secret Powers Behind Revolution and Freemasonry and the Vatican, both by the great traditional Catholic French nobleman, writer, and leader, the Vicomte Leon de Poncins. These two books are must reading if you wish to understand what's going on today, and are not currently available from my online store.


    3) If you can send $300, I'll send you the 2 CDs, all three books, plus two additional books, the two most thorough and devastating critiques of the New Mass ever written: The Robber Church, the anthology of Patrick Henry Omlor's writings, and Fr. Anthony Cekada's new book, Work of Human Hands: A Theological Critique of the Mass of Paul VI. (My offering of these invaluable books should not be construed as a blanket endorsement of the views of either author on other matters; both would vigorously disagree with my "recusant" position on the illegitimacy of post-Vatican II traditionalist clergy -- including the priesthood of Fr. Cekada himself.) Nonetheless, each of these books contains several hundred pages of priceless research and documentation, and is literally life-changing. Neither book is currently offered on my online store, though I sold them at every city on this tour.


    If you wish to donate, please do NOT use the "PayPal" button on my website, as I currently have an issue with PayPal that I need to resolve. Instead, please donate either by credit card (we accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover), or by check or money order, per the following instructions:


    1. If donating by credit card, please call me at (570) 969-1724. If you get my voicemail because I'm away from my desk, please leave your name, address (both snail mail and email address, if you have one), phone number, credit card number -- including the 3-digit security code on the back -- and expiration date, and the amount you wish to donate.


    (If you choose to supply this information via email, I advise people against supplying their complete credit card information in a single email, for security reasons. I would suggest including only the first half of your credit card number, i.e., the first 8 digits, in one email, and then provide the second half of the credit card number, together with the 3-digit security code and expiration date, in a second email. Don't forget to supply the other needed information -- full name, address, phone number, amount of donation -- in one of the two email messages!)


    2. If you prefer not to use a credit card, please send a check or money order, made out to "Biblical Foundations International," to: Gerry Matatics, PO Box 569, Dunmore PA 18512.


    I will personally call each donor who responds to this appeal to thank you and answer any Biblical, theological, or apologetics questions you may have. Thank you so much for whatever you can do. We must all make great sacrifices to help save souls, and to save our country from God's wrath. (I hope you don't think the recent mid-term election results are sufficient to save us, since the same globalist elite effectively controls both major parties in this country.) I am happy to offer the little sacrifice of this lecture tour, like all the hundreds of similar lecture tours I've taken over the past quarter of a century. I hope that you can join me in this sacrifice by your financial assistance. With the possible exception of a lecture tour of Alaska and Hawaii this coming spring to complete my megatour of all 50 states, this recently completed trip is the last road trip/speaking tour I plan on taking in the continental US, and thus the last such trip I'll ever be asking you to donate to.


    (I hope to spend the rest of November and December completing my 25-CD set "Riding the Train of Truth All the Way to the End of the Line" as well as the 8-CD set "The Plot Against the Church, Vol. 3" to get them to people in time for Christmas, and to finish designing the new website to launch it by January 1.)


    May God richly bless you and all your loved ones. I pray for you and them every day in my rosaries and other prayers.


    Yours for the conversion of our tottering nation to the One True Faith, before it's too late,


    Gerry Matatics


    Offline St Jude Thaddeus

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 853
    • Reputation: +181/-23
    • Gender: Male
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 08:33:35 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Caraffa

    Is it me or does Matatics strike anyone else as a modern day Super-apostle?


    Beg pardon, but what's a "Super-apostle"?

     :tinfoil:
    St. Jude, who, disregarding the threats of the impious, courageously preached the doctrine of Christ,
    pray for us.

    Offline St Jude Thaddeus

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 853
    • Reputation: +181/-23
    • Gender: Male
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 08:35:41 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Did you have to post that, RC? I just ruined my dinner reading the first part, and now you've ruined by dessert!

    What a self-seving blowhard!
    St. Jude, who, disregarding the threats of the impious, courageously preached the doctrine of Christ,
    pray for us.

    Offline Cheryl

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 636
    • Reputation: +208/-2
    • Gender: Female
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Maybe if you $end $ome $$$ you will be one of the $pecial one$ who find$ out the $coop.

    Here is the re$t of Gerry'$ me$$age that was not in the OP..


    So I'm deeply grateful to my friend whose generous loan made this entire trip possible. Without that loan, none of the above would have taken place.


    For my part, I gladly undertook this exhausting ordeal of a trip (driving over 7000 miles through 17 states to speak in 30 cities in 30 days, often driving 8 or more hours a day, sometimes driving all night as well) because I think our country has a very limited time to repent and embrace the true Faith or quite literally perish. My study and preparations, my time and energy, my labors on the trip, the physical punishment the stresses of the trip entailed, my month-long separation from the rest of my family -- all these I gladly sacrificed to Almighty God out of love for Him, love for our Holy Mother Church, and love for the life-changing Catholic Faith.


    I pinched every possible penny, often eating only one meal a day, getting discounted hotel rooms for as little as $59.95, saving some additional bucks by not even getting a sleeping room some evenings after my talk but simply driving through the night to the next city, bargaining hard with each hotel to get the meeting space as cheaply as possible. Several hotels let me have their meeting room for free, most charged in the $50-$75 price range, the hotel in Cincinnati charged $175 ($25 an hour, which seemed like a good deal until the Q & A session went to 2 am!). But the gas and tolls came to nearly $1000, the postage to mail out fliers cost another $1000, and there were other necessary miscellaneous expenses (two 3,000-mile oil changes & check-ups for my car, a new tire, etc.). All those trip expenses added up to a total cost of over $10,000, which was about what I'd estimated before I set out. (Long experience has shown me that each day on such a trip averages a bit over $300 in its various expenses.)


    More significantly, however, the trip's expenses were more than double its income, i.e., what I made in book & CD sales and donations, leaving me with a nearly $6000 shortfall. That made my friend's loan doubly appreciated, but also makes repaying it an interesting challenge.
     

    I cannot leave my friend holding the bag for his sacrificial loan. So I offer the following proposals:


    1) If you can make an after-the-fact donation towards this trip of $100 to help me close the deficit gap between the trip's expenses and income so as to be able to repay my friend, I will send you a 2-CD recording of my "Deadline 2012: Decoding the New World Order's Hidden Agenda" talk before it becomes available to the general public, plus a copy of Fr. Dennis Fahey's crucial book The Kingship of Christ and Organized Naturalism, which just came back into print as I was leaving on my trip, enabling me to sell it at every location where I gave my talk. In my estimation this book is the single most important book ever written on the current economic, political, cultural, and spiritual crisis engulfing our world today. If you have not read any of Fr. Fahey's books, the general consensus among students of his work is that this volume is the very best introduction to his thought; if you read only one book by him, this should be it. (To put my money where my mouth is, I am currently reading this book out loud to my family during our daily family prayer and study time, a few pages each day.)


    2) If you can donate $200, I'll send you not only the 2-CD set and Fr. Fahey's book but also copies of two additional books crucial for understanding the New World Order's history, methods, agenda, and real identity: The Secret Powers Behind Revolution and Freemasonry and the Vatican, both by the great traditional Catholic French nobleman, writer, and leader, the Vicomte Leon de Poncins. These two books are must reading if you wish to understand what's going on today, and are not currently available from my online store.


    3) If you can send $300, I'll send you the 2 CDs, all three books, plus two additional books, the two most thorough and devastating critiques of the New Mass ever written: The Robber Church, the anthology of Patrick Henry Omlor's writings, and Fr. Anthony Cekada's new book, Work of Human Hands: A Theological Critique of the Mass of Paul VI. (My offering of these invaluable books should not be construed as a blanket endorsement of the views of either author on other matters; both would vigorously disagree with my "recusant" position on the illegitimacy of post-Vatican II traditionalist clergy -- including the priesthood of Fr. Cekada himself.) Nonetheless, each of these books contains several hundred pages of priceless research and documentation, and is literally life-changing. Neither book is currently offered on my online store, though I sold them at every city on this tour.


    If you wish to donate, please do NOT use the "PayPal" button on my website, as I currently have an issue with PayPal that I need to resolve. Instead, please donate either by credit card (we accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover), or by check or money order, per the following instructions:


    1. If donating by credit card, please call me at (570) 969-1724. If you get my voicemail because I'm away from my desk, please leave your name, address (both snail mail and email address, if you have one), phone number, credit card number -- including the 3-digit security code on the back -- and expiration date, and the amount you wish to donate.


    (If you choose to supply this information via email, I advise people against supplying their complete credit card information in a single email, for security reasons. I would suggest including only the first half of your credit card number, i.e., the first 8 digits, in one email, and then provide the second half of the credit card number, together with the 3-digit security code and expiration date, in a second email. Don't forget to supply the other needed information -- full name, address, phone number, amount of donation -- in one of the two email messages!)


    2. If you prefer not to use a credit card, please send a check or money order, made out to "Biblical Foundations International," to: Gerry Matatics, PO Box 569, Dunmore PA 18512.


    I will personally call each donor who responds to this appeal to thank you and answer any Biblical, theological, or apologetics questions you may have. Thank you so much for whatever you can do. We must all make great sacrifices to help save souls, and to save our country from God's wrath. (I hope you don't think the recent mid-term election results are sufficient to save us, since the same globalist elite effectively controls both major parties in this country.) I am happy to offer the little sacrifice of this lecture tour, like all the hundreds of similar lecture tours I've taken over the past quarter of a century. I hope that you can join me in this sacrifice by your financial assistance. With the possible exception of a lecture tour of Alaska and Hawaii this coming spring to complete my megatour of all 50 states, this recently completed trip is the last road trip/speaking tour I plan on taking in the continental US, and thus the last such trip I'll ever be asking you to donate to.


    (I hope to spend the rest of November and December completing my 25-CD set "Riding the Train of Truth All the Way to the End of the Line" as well as the 8-CD set "The Plot Against the Church, Vol. 3" to get them to people in time for Christmas, and to finish designing the new website to launch it by January 1.)


    May God richly bless you and all your loved ones. I pray for you and them every day in my rosaries and other prayers.


    Yours for the conversion of our tottering nation to the One True Faith, before it's too late,


    Gerry Matatics[/quote]


    If home-alone-ing doesn't pay out for Gerry, maybe he can take Billy Mays place. :rahrah:

    Offline Caraffa

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 836
    • Reputation: +475/-13
    • Gender: Male
    GERRY MATATICS RECENT MEGA-TOUR
    « Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 08:58:01 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: St Jude Thaddeus
    Quote from: Caraffa

    Is it me or does Matatics strike anyone else as a modern day Super-apostle?


    Beg pardon, but what's a "Super-apostle"?

     :tinfoil:


    A Super-apostle or great apostle was a false apostle in the Early Church who boasted of their own greatness and tried to siphon away some of the members/converts that St Peter and St Paul made.
    Pray for me, always.

     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16