Author Topic: Archbishop Fulton Sheen  (Read 1288 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Viva Cristo Rey

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8321
  • Reputation: +2385/-358
  • Gender: Female
Archbishop Fulton Sheen
« on: August 13, 2016, 03:08:10 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • "Who is going to save our Church?  Not our Bishops, not our priests and religious.  It is up to the people.  You have the minds, the eyes, the ears to save the Church.  Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops like bishops and your religious act like religious."
    To live with the Saints in Heaven is all bliss and glory....To live with the saints on Earth is just another story!  (unknown)

    Offline Last Tradhican

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 3939
    • Reputation: +2080/-1122
    • Gender: Male
    Archbishop Fulton Sheen
    « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 04:28:48 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Viva Cristo Rey
    "Who is going to save our Church?  Not our Bishops, not our priests and religious.  It is up to the people.  You have the minds, the eyes, the ears to save the Church.  Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops like bishops and your religious act like religious."


    I assume that is a quote by Fulton Sheen, since the title is Ab. FS. Well, we can see now that he was wrong in his advice, for all that the people can do, can be clearly seen in the last 50 years+, not much. Today, less than 1% of Catholics have anything to protest about, the other 99%+ all think everything is fine. So much for "the people saving the Church".

    First off, the Church will be saved by God in His time, and I believe our times are like the times of Gideon, and God in the same way will save the Church in a way that everyone will know that it was of Him.

    Secondly, anyone that knows how Rome operates, knows that nothing happens unless the pope is behind it. The Vatican II revolution was undertaken by the Vatican II popes:

    Quote
    "one may ask what a pope has to do with revolution. In the case of the Roman Catholic Church, everything. While it would be hard to find a guerrilla movement, be it the Italian Red Brigades or the Peruvian Shining Path that was not inspired and directed by university students and professors, in the Church with its unbudgeable hierarchical structure, the intellectual top, the level at which theologians move, is not high enough. Any mutation in doctrine or practice must come from the very top, from the papacy itself. There is no other way." (Mary Ball Martinez)


    The saving of the Church will be of God, a miracle, and it will be lead by a pope. No other way.
    The Vatican II church - Assisting Souls to Hell Since 1962

    For there shall arise false Christs and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders, insomuch as to deceive (if possible) even the elect. Mat 24:24


    Offline RomanCatholic1953

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 7187
    • Reputation: +2449/-80
    • Gender: Male
    • I will not respond to any posts from Poche.
    Archbishop Fulton Sheen
    « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 05:06:28 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Archbishop Fulton Sheen was a close friend of Monsignor Montini who became
    Paul VI.

    Offline roscoe

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 7233
    • Reputation: +484/-254
    • Gender: Male
    Archbishop Fulton Sheen
    « Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 04:16:08 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Paul 6 :ready-to-eat:
    There Is No Such Thing As 'Sede Vacantism'...
    nor is there such thing as a 'Feeneyite' or 'Feeneyism'


     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16