The ten commandments of the Code of Amiability oblige one:
1) To smile until a kindly smile forms readily on one's lips.
2) To repress a sign of impatience at the very start.
3) To add a word of benevolence when giving orders.
4) To reply positively when asked to do a favor.
5) To lend a helping hand to the unfortunate.
6) To please those toward whom one feels a repugnance.
7) To study and satisfy the tastes of those with whom one lives.
8) To respect everyone.
9) To avoid complaining.
10) To correct, if one must, with kindness.