Author Topic: Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ  (Read 5158 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mw2016

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1351
  • Reputation: +756/-536
  • Gender: Female
Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
« on: June 10, 2016, 10:42:05 PM »
  • Thanks!2
  • No Thanks!0
  • ...with his Braveheart partner, Randall Wallace.

    Should be good, can't wait.

    It's said to be about Our Lord's Resurrection.


    Pray for Mel, he's a trainwreck.

    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/10/passion-christ-sequel-mel-gibson-randall-wallace

    Offline JezusDeKoning

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2219
    • Reputation: +712/-364
    • Gender: Male
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 11:51:43 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • The only reason it's taking this long is because Mel Gibson had his issues. Without that, we'd probably be seeing a movie like this every 2 years or so, depending on box office results.
    There is a God, but there probably is no Pope Francis.


    Offline PG

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1734
    • Reputation: +454/-468
    • Gender: Male
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 09:02:06 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I think a project like this is exactly the type of thing that Mel needs in order to lift him up.
    "A secure mind is like a continual feast" - Proverbs xv: 15

    Offline Mark 79

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 750
    • Reputation: +769/-65
    • Gender: Male
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 11:07:33 PM »
  • Thanks!2
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: mw2016
    ...with his Braveheart partner, Randall Wallace.

    Should be good, can't wait.

    It's said to be about Our Lord's Resurrection.


    Pray for Mel, he's a trainwreck.

    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/10/passion-christ-sequel-mel-gibson-randall-wallace


    Amazing! Miracle of miracles!  8 sentences about Mel Gibson in a H?llyw??d article without mentioning Mel's "antisemitism" or drinking problem!

    Why are the never-forgiving "Jews" holding back?

    Offline Viva Cristo Rey

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6587
    • Reputation: +1863/-99
    • Gender: Female
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 08:27:55 AM »
  • Thanks!1
  • No Thanks!0
  • They are waiting for the movie to come out.
    To live with the Saints in Heaven is all bliss and glory....To live with the saints on Earth is just another story!  (unknown)


    Offline 1st Mansion Tenant

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1562
    • Reputation: +1290/-38
    • Gender: Female
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 01:58:16 PM »
  • Thanks!3
  • No Thanks!0
  • We should be praying for Mel. He's about to be run through the wringer again, will be taking assaults from all sides for the sake of bringing the message of the gospel to the masses from a traditional Catholic perspective. If the mainstream media has it's way, the movie will be panned and buried, and Mel will be the victim of intense scrutiny and ridicule yet again. He needs prayer for both his person and his project, which Christ's enemies would love to see scuttled.  It's easy to gossip about celebrities-- how about we take as much time to actually pray for him as to  discuss his merits vs his foibles? I think a novena would be great. Knowing that he is in our prayers may help give him the strength he needs for both his interior and exterior battles during this time. Just sayin...

    Offline mw2016

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1351
    • Reputation: +756/-536
    • Gender: Female
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 07:35:06 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: 1st Mansion Tenant
    We should be praying for Mel. He's about to be run through the wringer again, will be taking assaults from all sides for the sake of bringing the message of the gospel to the masses from a traditional Catholic perspective. If the mainstream media has it's way, the movie will be panned and buried, and Mel will be the victim of intense scrutiny and ridicule yet again. He needs prayer for both his person and his project, which Christ's enemies would love to see scuttled.  It's easy to gossip about celebrities-- how about we take as much time to actually pray for him as to  discuss his merits vs his foibles? I think a novena would be great. Knowing that he is in our prayers may help give him the strength he needs for both his interior and exterior battles during this time. Just sayin...


    The only one running Mel thru the wringer for the past several years is Mel.

    He's so far off the rails, it's not even funny.

    He appeared at a premiere the other night with his 25-year old girfriend.

    Did you ever read Joe Esterhaus's open letter about his visits to his vacation home? Basically it describes a man who is mentally ill.

    Pray that he gets it together BEFORE the film starts shooting.

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/screenwriter-joe-eszterhas-writes-letter-788065

    Offline Pax Vobis

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 2728
    • Reputation: +1674/-900
    • Gender: Male
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 07:55:59 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • If he doesn't get his spiritual act together, God won't bless this film and it'll be a disaster.  Hope that doesn't happen.


    Offline songbird

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    • Posts: 3197
    • Reputation: +1204/-60
    • Gender: Female
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 09:50:37 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I agree. He should look at Christ with all His Blood and know that he did this.  Mel needs sorrow.  Many prayers!

    Offline wallflower

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1858
    • Reputation: +1970/-86
    • Gender: Female
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 10:33:35 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: PG
    I think a project like this is exactly the type of thing that Mel needs in order to lift him up.


    So he can come crashing down again? God only knows for sure but I get the sense that flashy, public, popular religious movies are not Mel's ticket to heaven. Movies aren't everything and I am sure there are better ways he could further the cause for the Faith if he truly applied himself in a disinterested way. IMO he needs something quietly heroic, not something that will further feed into his life of drama.
     

    Offline 1st Mansion Tenant

    • Full Member
    • ***
    • Posts: 1562
    • Reputation: +1290/-38
    • Gender: Female
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 11:37:14 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • What ever happened to the chapel he had built above LA? Is it still in use?


    Online Cantarella

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6726
    • Reputation: +4155/-520
    • Gender: Female
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 12:01:22 AM »
  • Thanks!3
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Mark 79


    Amazing! Miracle of miracles!  8 sentences about Mel Gibson in a H?llyw??d article without mentioning Mel's "antisemitism" or drinking problem!

    Why are the never-forgiving "Jews" holding back?


    If anyone says that true and natural water is not necessary for baptism and thus twists into some metaphor the words of our Lord Jesus Christ" Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit" (Jn 3:5) let him be anathema.

    Offline Lover of Truth

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 8480
    • Reputation: +1089/-822
    • Gender: Male
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 01:18:52 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Cantarella
    Quote from: Mark 79


    Amazing! Miracle of miracles!  8 sentences about Mel Gibson in a H?llyw??d article without mentioning Mel's "antisemitism" or drinking problem!

    Why are the never-forgiving "Jews" holding back?




    Nice.  Have you heard of Jim Condit?
    "I receive Thee, redeeming Prince of my soul. Out of love for Thee have I studied, watched through many nights, and exerted myself: Thee did I preach and teach. I have never said aught against Thee. Nor do I persist stubbornly in my views. If I have ever expressed myself erroneously on this Sacrament, I submit to the judgement of the Holy Roman Church, in obedience of which I now part from this world." Saint Thomas Aquinas the greatest Doctor of the Church

    Offline ClarkSmith

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 474
    • Reputation: +251/-6
    • Gender: Male
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 02:43:16 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  •  They should use the same actor if they consider it a sequel.  But Jim Caviezel is too old to play Jesus again.

     
    So how bad was Ewan McGregor as Jesus? I was afraid to rent it. I figured it was another Jesus of Nazareth.

    I seen Risen a few weeks ago. I thought it was okay until about halfway through.  I didn't like how they showed the apostles. They made them look and act like comedians. I wasn't disappointed in the movie because I wasn't expecting it to be good.  

    Most English speaking Christians movies aren't made for Catholics. You never see movies based on lives of the saints.  The Passion of the Christ really was that last good Catholic film.

    Offline Neil Obstat

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 16858
    • Reputation: +7972/-569
    • Gender: Male
    Gibson to make sequel to The Passion of the Christ
    « Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: 1st Mansion Tenant
    What ever happened to the chapel he had built above LA? Is it still in use?

    It's the Church of the Holy Family, on Mulholland Highway in Agoura Hills (adjacent to Malibu).  Not too far from Malibu Lake (private lake).

    They have Mass there on most Sundays and Holy Days.  But who is allowed to enter has been under more control lately.

    .--. .-.-.- ... .-.-.- ..-. --- .-. - .... . -.- .. -. --. -.. --- -- --..-- - .... . .--. --- .-- . .-. .- -. -.. -....- -....- .--- ..- ... - -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. --. .-.-.

     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16