It is clear to me Fr. Perez doesn't vet people he allows in the sanctuary, but acts on the premise of innocent until proven guilty.
Innocent until proven guilty meaning what?
A layman posing as a priest offends Almighty God, but does not break any secular law.
Common sense indicates that Father Perez is endangering the chapel by tolerating:
1. photographic evidence that Wiest was presenting himself as a layman several years ago
2. photographic evidence that Wiest owned an antique store specializing in Chinese Buddha statues and Chinese antique screens traditionally used in Buddha altars.
3. evidence of the Buddhist altar in Wiest's home, taken by a Vietnamese husband and wife who are well known to Father Perez, who were in Wiest's home to help with upkeep and who saw the repulsive pagan Buddhist altar and fled. The husband re-entered and took the photo to show to Father Perez, who did nothing.
4. evidence that the altar meets the requirement for ancestor worship, including the Buddha statue, the antique Chinese screen, white candles, the lotus flower and the required mirror used to communicate with the dead.
5. evidence of Wiest's ownership of numerous properties, linked to the phone number he gave as his phone number in the news article on the opening of his antique store.
6. evidence that Wiest is mentally unstable, including but not limited to his assertion (from the pulpit) that he is a "saint" due to his "great charity" and
his assertion that as a child he had numerous apparitions from a saint who "played" with him. Wiest also (from the pulpit) egregiously misquotes Our Lady, erroneously claiming that she said the "miracle of the Sun" would be repeated and that he himself witnessed the repeat of the miracle a few weeks ago. He has also suggested that he is about to perform a miracle.
7. Wiest is allowed to be alone with altar boys with no adult present, yet the chapel is in violation of California state law which requires any such person to submit his drivers' license and submit his fingerprints, both of which Wiest has adamantly refuse to do.
8. Wiest has never provided any docuмentation of an ordination.