Read an Interview with Matthew, the owner of CathInfo

Author Topic: A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .  (Read 4099 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

  • Guest
A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
« on: February 03, 2014, 06:10:40 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • So this Sunday I went to Mass and a pretty young girl sat next to me. She was wearing pants and a scarf around her neck, but no head covering. She was the only woman at Mass without her head covered. When it was time to go to communion I was hoping she wouldn't go to communion like that. But she gets up to go to communion and then she takes her scarf and covers her head and goes to communion. As soon as she comes back from communion she takes the scarf off of her head and for the rest of the Mass her head remains uncovered.

    Anonymous

    • Guest
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 06:17:47 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Why did you feel the need to post this anonymously?


    Anonymous

    • Guest
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 06:24:28 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Maybe she felt she did not want to be denied communion, so she put her veil on just in case.

    Anonymous

    • Guest
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 06:35:05 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  •  :read-paper:

    Offline LoverOfTradition

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    • Posts: 318
    • Reputation: +178/-0
    • Gender: Female
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 06:52:33 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • And what is the point of this thread exactly?


    Offline Cantarella

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 6836
    • Reputation: +4203/-549
    • Gender: Female
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 06:59:11 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Mmmmm, ok....

     :read-paper:
    If anyone says that true and natural water is not necessary for baptism and thus twists into some metaphor the words of our Lord Jesus Christ" Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit" (Jn 3:5) let him be anathema.

    Offline Sigismund

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 5361
    • Reputation: +3095/-4
    • Gender: Male
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 06:59:12 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • She may not have been familiar with traditional customs.  Are trads constitutionally incapable of being happy that visitors walk in the door/  
    Stir up within Thy Church, we beseech Thee, O Lord, the Spirit with which blessed Josaphat, Thy Martyr and Bishop, was filled, when he laid down his life for his sheep: so that, through his intercession, we too may be moved and strengthen by the same Spir

    Anonymous

    • Guest
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 07:46:45 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  •  :sleep:


    Anonymous

    • Guest
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 08:52:11 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • It can be confusing when you first start out at traditional masses.
    Usually there's a plaque in the vestibule, but not everyone sees it, especially when its small and surrounded by bulletins. Then some women only put on veils at the consecration prayers, some women only veil to receive Our Lord.

    Either way, it's up to the priests to correct her.

    Anonymous

    • Guest
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 06:02:28 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • I was at Mass this past Sunday, and there was this gentleman, who appeared to be in his mid to late 20s, who seemed overly-interested in other people Mass.  My sister would use the phrase "nosy."  He examined everyone who sat down in the pews around him, and made disapproving looks and sounds from time to time.  At one point he actually pointed at a new girl who was Mass and shook his finger at her.  As soon as Mass was over, he turned on his iPhone, and began typing furiously.

    Anonymous

    • Guest
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Guest
    So this Sunday I went to Mass and a pretty young girl sat next to me. She was wearing pants and a scarf around her neck, but no head covering. She was the only woman at Mass without her head covered. When it was time to go to communion I was hoping she wouldn't go to communion like that. But she gets up to go to communion and then she takes her scarf and covers her head and goes to communion. As soon as she comes back from communion she takes the scarf off of her head and for the rest of the Mass her head remains uncovered.


    What an insolent woman!!!!

    Sometimes, in an emergency or when travelling or other reason, a woman will wear pants but to not keep the scarf on her head at all times...

    ...is pure INSOLENCE!!!!

    It's okay to post anonymously because you don't want to become the center of attention.


    Anonymous

    • Guest
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 11:54:48 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Sigismund
    She may not have been familiar with traditional customs.  Are trads constitutionally incapable of being happy that visitors walk in the door/  


    There are baskets with extra mantillas (veils).  

    And this INSOLENT woman did know enough to cover her head when going to communion.

    So, don't be INSOLENT toward others for pointing out this woman's really uncalled for affront to Our Lord.

    Anonymous

    • Guest
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 11:57:18 AM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Guest
    I was at Mass this past Sunday, and there was this gentleman, who appeared to be in his mid to late 20s, who seemed overly-interested in other people Mass.  My sister would use the phrase "nosy."  He examined everyone who sat down in the pews around him, and made disapproving looks and sounds from time to time.  At one point he actually pointed at a new girl who was Mass and shook his finger at her.  As soon as Mass was over, he turned on his iPhone, and began typing furiously.


    He's looking out for the spiritual well-being of the other parishioners!  

    Or he could be an angel in the form of a human and his texts are going "up high".

    Anonymous

    • Guest
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 01:11:01 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Guest
    He could be an angel in the form of a human and his texts are going "up high".


    Maybe. But two will get you five that he's just a self-important jerk.

    Anonymous

    • Guest
    A woman at Mass this Sunday . . .
    « Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 09:38:25 PM »
  • Thanks!0
  • No Thanks!0
  • Quote from: Guest
    Quote from: Guest
    He could be an angel in the form of a human and his texts are going "up high".


    Maybe. But two will get you five that he's just a self-important jerk.


    You're probably right.  

     

    Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16